Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 13:14   #9451
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
If cost permits, go in for the Ford Aspire IRVM with built-in revesing camera & GPS navigation:

Thanks. Too costly though @29K.
Is the unit provided by the dealers for Ecosport good enough for 12K? Probably will go to the dealer this weekend to have a look but in the meanwhile if I can get any feedback from those who are currently using it, it will be helpful.
Old 12th October 2015, 14:22   #9452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Thanks. Too costly though @29K.
Is the unit provided by the dealers for Ecosport good enough for 12K? Probably will go to the dealer this weekend to have a look but in the meanwhile if I can get any feedback from those who are currently using it, it will be helpful.
The cost has come down to 12k??
I bought it along with my car in 2013 for 24k.
Its a descent unit, the only problem that it has is that it is not auto dimming, in fact it cannot be dimmed even manually at nights when you are hit by full lights by the idiots driving behind you.
Old 12th October 2015, 14:24   #9453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I think I too had faced problems with Internet Explorer, and ended up using Firefox - could you give that a shot?
Ya sure will try that. Also does it need a specific PC or windows version to work?
And can it be done on Mac?
Old 12th October 2015, 16:08   #9454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Ya sure will try that. Also does it need a specific PC or windows version to work?
And can it be done on Mac?
I don't think it requires a particular version of Windows, I just recall I have done issue with IE 11. Not sure about the Mac bit either, sorry
Old 12th October 2015, 16:29   #9455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
If cost permits, go in for the Ford Aspire IRVM with built-in revesing camera & GPS navigation ...
Oh, that is neat!

Want one, want one, ant one! There are some gadgets that are almost worth buying the rest of the car for
Old 12th October 2015, 18:28   #9456
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Oh, that is neat!

Want one, want one, ant one! There are some gadgets that are almost worth buying the rest of the car for
Or you could buy this gadget that you can use in any car.
https://exploride.com

Cheers.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 23:09   #9457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post

Cheers.
straight lift from www.navdy.com i guess ? :-)
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 11:19   #9458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Oh, that is neat!

According to my dealer, it is a completely standalone unit and not connected/controlled by the car's ECU/SYNC. The IRVM has a GPS receiver built-in with pre-loaded maps. Technically, this could be mounted onto any car.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 18:57   #9459

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Have spent enough time to find out where the noise comes from. One of the commonly seen rattles of ES I believe.
I think it is the casing of compressor shaft of the boot door. (that hydraulic hinge thing at the left bottom of the inside of the door)
It is free to move and makes sound on uneven roads.

It is not suspension. Even on a flat road you can get this rattle.
Check that thing give some padding and let us know.

I am yet to fix it myself.
Thats the exact kinda noise i am getting now. Will definitely try that. I thought it was the toolkit and after much fiddling with it...didnt help. I am also thinking of removing the toolkit and give that a go.
veritoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 19:42   #9460
BHPian

Trying to finalize on ecoboost but one thing is stopping me. I test drove 2 cars and in both of them I found the clutch to be on heavier side. For one, SA said it requires servicing but the other one was new with 1000 km. My one major reason to choose petrol is also to have lighter controls. So my query to owners, is the Eco Sport clutch on the heavier side irrespective of petrol/diesel? Otherwise my second option is Honda City which I found with pretty soft clutch pedal though it has other issues.
Old 14th October 2015, 19:58   #9461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
Trying to finalize on ecoboost but one thing is stopping me. I test drove 2 cars and in both of them I found the clutch to be on heavier side. For one, SA said it requires servicing but the other one was new with 1000 km. My one major reason to choose petrol is also to have lighter controls. So my query to owners, is the Eco Sport clutch on the heavier side irrespective of petrol/diesel?
I've an EcoBoost with 12k on the odo - the clutch is light and comfortable, and hasn't caused problems even in bad stop-and-go traffic (my Getz's old clutch is killing my knee, however!).
Diesel - can't say. I've driven my dad's diesel EcoSport when it was quite new and the clutch was very light for a diesel. Not sure how it shapes up over age, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritoman View Post
Thats the exact kinda noise i am getting now. Will definitely try that. I thought it was the toolkit and after much fiddling with it...didnt help. I am also thinking of removing the toolkit and give that a go.
I thanked your post purely for your thoroughness in searching this massive thread for a post in 2014 that describes a potential source of your problem
arunphilip is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 20:54   #9462
BHPian

I have a 16 month old eco sport diesel with about 28k on the odo. The clutch is fairly light and easy to use. Don't know about the ecoboost.
It is better than my prev car, Figo. Also better than Vw gt tdi.
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 09:57   #9463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post

Cheers.
This does'nt have a rear cam though.
Old 15th October 2015, 13:57   #9464
Senior - BHPian

Just been through a bit of a hairy experience. I was driving home for lunch. Somewhere close to a (tri) junction, an Omni was ahead of me on the right lane (if one could call it that) while I was on the left cruising at around 40/50 kmph. The Omni was apparently going to take the right turn and I was going to carry on straight past it on the left - there was a car parked on the extreme left hand side of the road. Suddenly the Omni swerved sharp to the left (God knows why) and I had to do an emergency braking, swerving just enough to avoid the Omni's hit but not too sharp to bang the parked car. The brakes kicked in admirably my car stopped millimeters away from a hit. The was a burning smell and here's the funny thing. The gear was in D mode but after that bone jarring braking, it refused to move when I applied the throttle gently after a couple of seconds. The engine revved but the car stood still - and then after a few seconds, just when I though the gearbox had failed it started moving. Thereafter it is completely back to normal.
I wonder if there is some kind of a preset time gap for the vehicle to move again in such situations in the DCT gearbox.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:18   #9465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
The was a burning smell and here's the funny thing. The gear was in D mode but after that bone jarring braking, it refused to move when I applied the throttle gently after a couple of seconds. The engine revved but the car stood still - and then after a few seconds, just when I though the gearbox had failed it started moving. Thereafter it is completely back to normal. I wonder if there is some kind of a preset time gap for the vehicle to move again in such situations in the DCT gearbox.
Do you know if the burning smell was from the tires or clutch? That's the one odd thing I don't understand.

When you press the brake pedal firmly, the DCT disconnects the clutch, by design - so this is what you experienced, its very normal.

When you tried moving again, did you just leave it in D untouched, or did you cycle it to N and back to D? If you left it in D untouched, that would explain why the engine revved without the car moving: the clutch was open, and the little computer circuits needed time to figure out the that brake was released, situation normal, etc. I'm sure that if you cycled D-N-D, it would have moved from the get-go.

Last edited by arunphilip : 15th October 2015 at 14:20.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks