Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2013, 16:12   #1951
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post

To me an Ecosport AT meets these needs at best value. Ford has offered what Don Carleone once said, "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."
It checks all the boxes, yes, but will Ford actually be able to sell you one soon? When? In a year? That seems to be the issue now. A sale-able car.
Old 30th June 2013, 16:49   #1952
Distinguished - BHPian

Our own and esteemed GTO will soon be sharing his take on the June car sales, that should give us a view as to how many EcoSports have been produced and dispatched (IIRC the numbers are the units shipped to dealers, not the units sold).
Old 30th June 2013, 17:22   #1953
Mik
BHPian

Saw an Ecosport with Temp number plates (most probably a delivered car) at Sector 29 Gurgaon. It looked beautiful.
The Faceoff between my Figo and the Ecosport
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130630_163728.jpg  

Mik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 17:35   #1954
BHPian

The car surely has terrific road presence judging from your picture.
Old 30th June 2013, 18:01   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Saw an Ecosport with Temp number plates (most probably a delivered car) at Sector 29 Gurgaon. It looked beautiful.
The Faceoff between my Figo and the Ecosport
Damn ! I opened the Tbhp app to post the pic and you already did that!

Posting two other pics.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130630_175809.png
Views: 5043
Size:  517.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130630_175821.png
Views: 5069
Size:  557.0 KB
niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 18:10   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
While td'ing the Ecoboost titanium+ yesterday, I also tried to get a feel of the leather seats. I felt them to be more art leather than real leather.
I am no expert on this. But the sales guy whom I dealt with at Kairali Ford was very certain that it is art leather on Titanium Option.
Old 30th June 2013, 18:17   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

I am no expert on this. But the sales guy whom I dealt with at Kairali Ford was very certain that it is art leather on Titanium Option.
The feel is of real leather. And I guess ford won't try to dupe people by selling art leather and calling it leather
Old 30th June 2013, 19:49   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at Ecosport today. And i am sold instantly I am looking forward to book one, but i dont believe in paying cash until i have a TD at least. So Hoping to get a test drive soon so that i can make up my mind.

As expected show rooms are super crowded and they dont even have brochures. But could feel the car in person. Here are my observations

1. Very aggressive styling - Any angle you stare at it.
2. Pretty compact and best suited for a urban user(as they claim it) . Would be perfect to park it in tight spaces
3. Interior dimensions are same as that of a premium hatch. (i20, Swift,Figo etc)
4. Rear leg room is pretty nice, but the width is pretty much same as that of my Swift. But shoulder room looks good and nice head room. So If you can seat 5 in Swift,i20, you will find it even easier on this. Dont expect any more premium in terms of space. Since i am also comparing this against Amaze, I can confirm that Amaze and EcoSport have very similar interior space.
5. Boot space is something i wished for more, But at 360ltrs, It surely is double the size of my Swift.
6. I loved the reclining angle of rear seats. pretty comfy as compared to Swift where its straight
7. Dealer claims city mileage of 18 for diesel(Ya right!! ) and 20+ on highways. But 15 kmpl in Bangalore city looks reasonable as its same engine running on Fiesta. Highway mileage of 18-19 would make me happy.
8. Car feels solid built, Just like any other ford. Heavy doors- I dont believe heavy doors and thud means my family is safe !! but Compared to this, Maruti/Toyota feels tinny and cheap.
8. 50K booking, 3K charge on cancellation. Dealer says Depending on the color choice diesel can be arranged within 30-40 days!! But he insisted on booking rightaway, but i dont want to commit before test drive

I am narrowing on Trend variant, there is a mention of 25K worth accessories - But dealer did not seem like its mandatory - He showed final on road price as 957000 for Trend(Bangalore taxes!!!) Looking forward to a test drive now. Also not sure if he can keep the promise of 30-40 days !!

Last edited by rajshenoy : 30th June 2013 at 19:51.
Old 30th June 2013, 19:54   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Ok. Coming back to EcoSport, to me it doesn't look like an SUV or Mini-SUV at all. It is just another big Hatch. Probably they can brand this as 'Micro-SUV'.

Some Pictures.
I agree. It IS rather like a hatch on steroids than a short-wheel-base SUV. I just happen to have a Ford dealership right next to my home, and I drop in ever so often (Methinks they have now accepted me as part of their décor). The worst part is, the more I see it and sit in it and touch and feel it, the less I seem to like it. I distinctly find the driver's seat a bit to narrow . And as someone who uses his car a lot, and on a daily basis, a super-comfortable seat is a must. In fact, I would trade comfortable seat and excellent ergonomics for all the gizmos in the world in any car.

I have refused to pay them the booking amount unless I see reasonable supply and wait period, but, with time, I am not so sure I want this any more. Let's see.....
Old 30th June 2013, 19:58   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Coming back to EcoSport, to me it doesn't look like an SUV or Mini-SUV at all. It is just another big Hatch. Probably they can brand this as 'Micro-SUV'.
It is not the waiting period from Ford that is bothering me. I just can't understand why so many people are selling off their good trusty vehicles in exchange for a new time-untested vehicle. Just because it is new creates a lot of hullabaloo? I agree that pricing is good, but why doesn't the same prospective customer think about what he gets in return for his money. Seriously, where is the space that makes an SUV an SUV?

To my eyes, people inside the EcoSport look so big and cramped, compared to the vehicle. Do they even sit so close?

Disclaimer: I've not seen an Ecosport in person and my comments are based on pictures from the www. Tall boy, it will be for me, till then.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 19:59   #1961
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Boot space is something i wished for more, But at 360ltrs, It surely is double the size of my Swift.
Don't go by the numbers, a lot of that space is the vertical space, and you wouldn't enjoy stacking up luggage like that (nor is it safe). However, given that you've seen the EcoSport and are happy with the space, good for you.
Old 30th June 2013, 20:14   #1962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Don't go by the numbers, a lot of that space is the vertical space, and you wouldn't enjoy stacking up luggage like that (nor is it safe). However, given that you've seen the EcoSport and are happy with the space, good for you.
I know the boot space is at a premium. But I have been driving swift for 6.5 years and I know the value of boot space . To be frank i find the boot space of Figo to be huge and Ecosport seem to be another 60ltrs plus.

However, I need to analyze space requirements with family members and home minister.

Since i did not have the brochures, Now i am analyzing various models to see the catch.

At 9.6L price the Trend variant seem to be missing on basic features that any premium car has - such as,
1. DTE, Average fuel consumption, temperature display etc.
2. CD/MP3 player(I dont remember when i played a CD last),Plays USB though
3. Drivers arm rest
4. Rear seat arm rest (even the Top end doesnt have it)

They dont appear as a deal breaker, at least for me. But need to think on this.
Old 30th June 2013, 21:27   #1963
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
But where is the answer? , See the edited post, I have corrected it. So here is another question:

How does the EcoSport compare to the Yeti?
Tell you the truth Achyuth, had either the Duster OR the EcoSport been launched with the kind of safety kit and functionality that the Yeti has, (as in the Euro Top Spec, 4WD, of either the Duster OR the EcoSport), I would have happily chosen any of the three, without bias.
Having said that, the Yeti is in a different class in terms of fit, finish, finesse and safety plus functionality.
At the current moment now, a year and a half later (since I bought mine), there is really no alternative that has presented itself in the India market. Hence, I feel that my decision was correct at the time, given my particular need and want state...
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 22:01   #1964
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Had a look at Ecosport today. And i am sold instantly I am looking forward to book one, but i dont believe in paying cash until i have a TD at least. So Hoping to get a test drive soon so that i can make up my mind.
So have you not been offered test drives till now? or is there to much waiting time for a TD?

Also, does anybody here know whether any EcoSport has been delivered till now?(other than the one Achyuth Vaibhav talked about)

Last edited by agambhandari : 30th June 2013 at 22:02.
Old 30th June 2013, 22:02   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I doubt if that's the case. It could be just different grades/quality of leather. Nowadays manufacturers explicitly mention if the seats are real leather or artificial (for example, the leatherette seats in VW Jetta/Vento, Artico Manmade leather in Mercedes etc.)
Don't go with doubt alone. My statement was made after feeling the leather seats on the EcoSport. Similarly, I recommend you feel it and then confirm (for the benefit of others).

The leather I felt on the EcoSport is just similar to the art leather part of my Fabia's seats, which is a mix of real leather (on the parts that touch the body) and art leather everywhere else. That is the basis of my statement.

Quote:
Today, I went along with a friend to MPL Ford to have a look at the EcoSport and also to take a TD. To our shock, we were asked to sign an 'Indemnity Form' which states that we will have to take responsibility for any damage happens to the vehicle during TD. I have never encountered such a process with any dealer so far. I asked them whether the vehicle is Insured or not. The SA told that it is yet to be registered and they don't have insurance. I was taken back by his answer and asked how can they take the vehicle out without any insurance. Immediately another senior guy intervened and told that they do have insurance for all the TD vehicles at MPL Ford and this indemnity form process is the direction from Ford itself and not that of dealer.

Later, we called another dealer in Chennai, 'Chennai Ford' and they were ready to offer the TD and there is no such thing called 'Indemnity Form' with them.
The test drive form in Elite Ford in b'lore also had a similar form (not named an indemnity form, but just test drive form). I was wondering if the manufacturing companies took the idea from TBHP, after reading the thread of a gent who had crashed an SX4 on the OOR in Blore (and was hassled by the dealership folks)?

Since people with different driving habits and abilities coming in to TD the vehicles, the dealership just want to protect themselves from mishaps and/or accidents caused because of the driver's fault.

When I took the TD, below my signature I also wrote in that I was taking the TD with the assurance that the TD vehicle has insurance and is in a good operable condition, without faults or defects. The guy booking TD read it and didn't have anything to say/comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I assume you wanted to mention Titanium+ (since Titanium variant does not have leather seats)? The leather I felt definitely didn't give me the feel of real leather which is why I made my earlier statement. I won't be surprised if it isn't on the EcoSport as well, as in one 3M CCC's customer clinic, we saw how an Audi A4 had passed on art leather seats as leather seats (lack of customer awareness is bliss for the manufacturers)..

Last edited by k_ajay : 30th June 2013 at 22:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks