Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 11:25   #1981
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, the car will not have a normal key input ignition in Titanium models. However the remote will have a key inside. Just open it to reveal the manual key. See pic for the missing key type ignition.
Yeah, there is a key inside the remote. But this is only to open the doors. The door has a keyhole.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:32   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I dont think it is a problem. It could be a problem if the battery goes kaput. But then it would be the same even with the normal key setup. Havent heard of this issue with any car having start/stop.
If battery is kaput, how does one get into a fully electronically locked car? Does the door have a key option?
Old 1st July 2013, 11:36   #1983
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont remember seeing a key hole on the doors for the Titanium model. So what's this key used for?
Old 1st July 2013, 11:36   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
If battery is kaput, how does one get into a fully electronically locked car? Does the door have a key option?
It does. Please check my previous post. All of the cars with stop/start that I have seen had a keyhole on the driver door. The key will be hidden inside the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I dont remember seeing a key hole on the doors for the Titanium model. So what's this key used for?
Image taken from the first page of this thread. Both the front doors gets this.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-148189.jpg

Last edited by zteg : 1st July 2013 at 11:40.
zteg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 11:43   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Absolutely. Start/Stop is the only option. And since its all electric do you think failure chances are high ?
Crap! I eat some dust on that one and do stand corrected. During the TD, i saw the key but used the start/stop option to start/stop the car. Never really bothered to see if there was an option to start the car using the key. It actually didnt even hit me that such would be the case.

Though i'm not worried about it. I've lived with a motorcycle that only had push button start/stop mode for 7 years until 2012! If a Hyosung can work like a charm, i doubt ford can mess up. And i don't think this setup really needs a fully charged battery. My bike would fire up even if the turn indicators blinked feebly.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:50   #1986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Absolutely. Start/Stop is the only option. And since its all electric do you think failure chances are high ?
Not sure what is more electrical about a Start/Stop button than key-based start. Instead of turning the key, you are pressing a button. Both are electrical behind the switch. It is just a matter of convenience. and to avoid inadvertent usage, usually start button will require the brake pedal to be depressed to work.

Last edited by vasoo : 1st July 2013 at 11:51.
vasoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 11:59   #1987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Not sure what is more electrical about a Start/Stop button than key-based start. Instead of turning the key, you are pressing a button. Both are electrical behind the switch. It is just a matter of convenience. and to avoid inadvertent usage, usually start button will require the brake pedal to be depressed to work.
+1 to that. And i think you are referring to the "clutch" pedal cause thats what is to be worked a bit on the Ecosport and my Getz as well.
Old 1st July 2013, 12:01   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Guys - based on 6 yrs with the Fusion I can say one thing - Ford's electricals are very reliable. Also I have done a test of the central locking as follows:-

Scenario - person inside car. All doors locked. battery then fails (did this by disconnecting the battery!!). Person inside can open doors mechanically by pulling the unlock lever from inside.
We should have the same system in the EcoSport as they are all based on the european Ford logic. And mechanical unlock works from outside using key.
Old 1st July 2013, 12:13   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
If battery is kaput, .. option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Crap! I eat some dust on...s blinked feebly.
Usually once you are in the car and Key battery is dead, you can press the start stop button using your key. That way you can start the car. When key battery goes down, key fails to transmit the security signal, but when the key is close the the start/stop button car can sense it and will work.
This is mentioned in i20 manual, it must be same with other Key-Less vehicles.

Quote:
Not sure what is more electrical about a Start/Stop button than key-based start... work.
You are correct to an extend, but key-less entry vehicles do verify that key is in its vicinity before starting. If the key is not near, you can only switch on the electricals and not the vehicle
Old 1st July 2013, 12:18   #1990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
+1 to that. And i think you are referring to the "clutch" pedal cause thats what is to be worked a bit on the Ecosport and my Getz as well.
I don't have experience with newer Ford vehicles. One must depress brake pedal along with pressing the start button for some cars I drove in US such as Sonata, Mazda 6 and Nissan Altima.

Last edited by vasoo : 1st July 2013 at 12:21.
Old 1st July 2013, 12:25   #1991
BHPian

Ford Electricals are solid built and of good quality. being a happy Ford owner for the past 5 years ( and counting) , i can vouch for that.
one have to be careful with the buttons though. there were many instances (Ford Fiesta), where the elctric boot release buttons broke / damaged (complaint by a fellow Fiesta owner)
Old 1st July 2013, 12:53   #1992
BHPian

On the AT model, it looks like there is no start stop button (based on the brochure) and the dealership guys are not very clear if it is going to be a key less entry (keep the key in your pocket) with an ignition key or it would be just a regular key with remote opening closing function? any idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Guys - based on 6 yrs with the Fusion I can say one thing - Ford's electricals are very reliable. Also I have done a test of the central locking as follows:-

Scenario - person inside car. All doors locked. battery then fails (did this by disconnecting the battery!!). Person inside can open doors mechanically by pulling the unlock lever from inside.
We should have the same system in the EcoSport as they are all based on the european Ford logic. And mechanical unlock works from outside using key.
An interesting thing at Elite ford I saw last week was that they were jump starting the Ecosport display model (probably the battery ran out with every one switching on/off electrical stuffs) and they could not open the boot till the battery got charged. I would think there would be an emergency (manual) boot release from inside?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st July 2013 at 13:06. Reason: please use the EDIT / MULTI-QUITE button within 30 minutes, instead of posting consecutively. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2013, 13:32   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have experience with newer..Nissan Altima.
Just confused, can some one start car by depressing break and hitting start button to start car? with out a( normal or key-less) key. If so, won't it be a huge security issue?. Some one can just break glass, depress break, hit/hold button for few minutes.. and drive away the car.
Old 1st July 2013, 13:35   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
An interesting thing at Elite ford I saw last week was that they were jump starting the Ecosport display model (probably the battery ran out with every one switching on/off electrical stuffs) and they could not open the boot till the battery got charged. I would think there would be an emergency (manual) boot release from inside?
I saw the same at Noida Ford this weekend. They had started the two showroom cars (diesel and ecoboost) and were trying to charge the battery. The cars were on for about 40 minutes inside a showroom with central AC

There was a guy trying to figure out if there is a way to keep the boot open and was contemplating placing something in the boot to prevent it from closing.

I just hope it was his ignorance, and there really is another way to open the boot from inside the car. It isn't a deal breaker but an annoying "feature".
Old 1st July 2013, 13:44   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
On the AT model, it looks like there is no start stop button (based on the brochure) and the dealership guys are not very clear if it is going to be a key less entry (keep the key in your pocket) with an ignition key or it would be just a regular key with remote opening closing function? any idea?

Fusion has manual boot release lever on the RHS bottom side of the driver seat . The electrical boot release switch on the dash works only when ignition is on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks