Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 10:41   #3481
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Hi ACM, I was No:2 on the Prelaunch AT booking in Chennai MPL Ford booked on 21-Jun-13 & took delivery of my Sea Grey ES AT 1.5P on 9-Aug-13. The AT ES is superb and drives like a Dream. I am getting FE of 12km/l on Highways & 10km/l in city.. Will post a detailed Owners review of the AT in the next 48 hours.
I did hear from my SA that one AT has been delivered! Congratulations mate!

On the other hand, i had booked the AT on 13 June 2013 initially (I didnt ask for my number but i was told i was not number 1, anyway ) but later changed it to Diesel since they said AT would take 6 months. Wish i had waited but nonetheless i am very happy with the diesel!

Happy & safe driving! Looking forward to your thread!
Old 19th August 2013, 10:46   #3482
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
At the risk of going of topic, ACM sir I would still recommend you stick with the ES. The ES is a very recommendable product according to me and for some one as you to have come so far and give up is quite heart breaking. I will recommend a constant and kind of unrelenting pursuit with your dealer. It is bound to produce results.

In the words of a great man, Good things come to those who wait. And you Sir have waited so much. Please Dont give up. Your review alone would be something worth waiting for.
Yep actually it would be more heart breaking for my better half than even for me as she seriously prefers new vehicles and hence we try to alternate between new and perowned ones though 3 of the last 5 have been new vs. 2 perowned ones and it was the turn of preowned this time round. But the EcoSport does present an opportunity to be a vehicle suitable for both sexes vs. some vehicles that are perceived as manly and other feminine.

Yep Eq24 waiting for some time more but the search for alternatives also continues in parallel, and it is quite a radical search from luxury sedans to Large SUV's both Manual and Automatic.

With the EcoSport one feels like (I felt with Aria and Laura initially) that there would be so much more to discover & modify (and share) over the initial years that the overall ownership process would be more interesting.

I also am really keen to see how the EcoSport matches upto the Laura and Aria in a combined role in aspects other than Space and if Space really ends up being a deterrent for a family of 4. (Actually already have experienced the adverse side of not having a 6-7 seater on hand when there are guests at home and a single vehicle - but with two vehicles on hand should be interesting. Would for the first time be adding a roof top luggage carrier - is it really practical (in the rains) needs to be seen. As said a lot to discover and a lot to miss but Ford / the Dealer needs to be reasonable.

ROYFERNANDEZ - Thank you for the info will await your ownership thread. Congratulations on getting the AT. I guess there are already two AT's on TBHP and many more booked. The Ratio of AT vs MT on TBHP is likely to be quite high as compared to the normal buyers as the benefits of DSG Gearbox and the extra safety stuff would be better understood here. That said the Diesel and EcoBoost engines too are quite tempting.

Oh for the 2L EcoBoost with 4X4 with AT available internationally though not sure if it has an AT.

Last edited by ACM : 19th August 2013 at 10:55.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 11:05   #3483
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ACM, I was No:2 on the Prelaunch AT booking in Chennai MPL Ford booked on 21-Jun-13 & took delivery of my Sea Grey ES AT 1.5P on 9-Aug-13. The AT ES is superb and drives like a Dream. I am getting FE of 12km/l on Highways & 10km/l in city.. Will post a detailed Owners review of the AT in the next 48 hours.
Congratulations!

Eagerly awaiting your review - hopefully you'll answer a lot of questions for a lot of us!
Old 19th August 2013, 11:23   #3484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will post a detailed Owners review of the AT in the next 48 hours.
Looking forward to your review. Will help me decide once and for all to go ahead with the booking.
Would greatly appreciate your inputs on driveability, NVH & rattles and seat comfort (I hear some complaints about the front seat cushion being quite short resulting in lack of under-thigh support)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by arjab : 19th August 2013 at 11:23. Reason: syntax error
Old 19th August 2013, 11:46   #3485
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks royfernandez - I too have booked the AT and your ownership review will help set my expectations.
Old 19th August 2013, 13:47   #3486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
At the risk of going of topic, ACM sir I would still recommend you stick with the ES. I have seen the Automatic in the NCR stock yard and so it is being delivered.

The ES is a very recommendable product according to me and for some one as you to have come so far and give up is quite heart breaking. I will recommend a constant and kind of unrelenting pursuit with your dealer. It is bound to produce results.

In the words of a great man, Good things come to those who wait. And you Sir have waited so much. Please Dont give up. Your review alone would be something worth waiting for.

Regards
So safe to assume you're sticking to your booking as well? Or still thinking of alternatives? Any updates from Harpreet Ford Gurgaon that you could share here?
Old 19th August 2013, 13:55   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
So safe to assume you're sticking to your booking as well? Or still thinking of alternatives? Any updates from Harpreet Ford Gurgaon that you could share here?
Ya I guess I am sticking with the ES. Its a good car and considering the fact that I can not make any peace with the other cars in the market, this is a good bet.

HP Ford guys are in all fairness trying to get the car on time but the problem is it is not the guys we speak to who call the shots, what Khichdi the upper guys cook is only known to them.

I can only gather that the Ambient and trend are the big movers with the Titanium and O versions taking a lot of time. Another month and I suspect cars will be with new owners. Its good for us too, if a better launch happens between now and then, what's lost, I will say good bye to Rs. 3000 and jump ship. However I do feel that it will be unlikely.
Old 19th August 2013, 19:07   #3488
djs
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post

Now more than 2 months have passed and still there is no (good) news. The most recent update is that my allocation would be happening in August end.
I believe the dealers and ford are equally responsible in letting the customers down .
Thanks for the information ZENith. I had a word with Mr. Vince Varghese from Elite Ford today & it seems they are getting more vehicles by Aug end. As per him, of the first 105 vehicles to be delivered in first 3 months, 78 had been delivered, so hopefully our turn will come soon. So far they have delivered 2 TDCI Mars Red and 4 more to be allocated by Aug end (in first lot), of which one is mine. He assured me that I'll get it before 15th Sept and again stressed that they don't give any out of turn allocation to anybody. With allocation at Dealer's discretion, there is no other way than to believe them even if its not true. I hope we should get the vehicle in September, fingers crossed.

Looking at current scenario, I feel Ford should have devised a customer vehicle allocation system to manage its supply chain in better way instead of taking customers on a ride. But then, customer is not always the King, its demand vs supply dynamics.

Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 19:13   #3489
BHPian

I booked my eco sport titanium diesel at riddhi ford on 22nd july. My SA says that I would only be able to get the car early next year. Is this a reasonable waiting period or am I being cheated? My son is turning 18 next month and wanted to gift him on his birthday. I have given the color choice as white or black.
Old 20th August 2013, 09:32   #3490

The red raptor is arriving in a week. Got a call from Mr. Ravi of Elite ford yesterday about the allocation. I am given to understand that some variants are huge in demand and low in production and that is causing some delay in deliveries of those variants. According to the VIN, my vehicle was built on 12th August.
I have started loan and insurance formalities. Royal Sundaram has quoted 27000 for bumper to bumper insurance. Any one here can comment on Royal Sundaram insurance service?
Old 20th August 2013, 10:01   #3491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post
The red raptor is arriving in a week. Got a call from Mr. Ravi of Elite ford yesterday about the allocation. I am given to understand that some variants are huge in demand and low in production and that is causing some delay in deliveries of those variants. According to the VIN, my vehicle was built on 12th August.
I have started loan and insurance formalities. Royal Sundaram has quoted 27000 for bumper to bumper insurance. Any one here can comment on Royal Sundaram insurance service?
From what I have heard from my friend, who is working with an insurance broking firm. Royal sundaram and bajaj allianz guys are best to deal with.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 11:43   #3492
BHPian

Quote:

Hi ACM, I was No:2 on the Prelaunch AT booking in Chennai MPL Ford booked on 21-Jun-13 & took delivery of my Sea Grey ES AT 1.5P on 9-Aug-13.
Congratulations dude. Eagerly waiting for the initial owenership experience.

Do let us know about acceleration., overtaking experience, braking, specially on slippery roads.

I can definitely see ES AT being delivered now at a faster pace, hoping to get mine soon.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:23   #3493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs View Post
As per him, of the first 105 vehicles to be delivered in first 3 months, 78 had been delivered, so hopefully our turn will come soon.
They haven't finished their first batch of deliveries yet? This is just painful...at this rate, I seriously wonder how they plan to meet the backlog of orders.
Old 20th August 2013, 12:46   #3494
BHPian

Test drove the Ecosport TDCI today, I liked it except the steering, its lifeless.
High stance + life less steering, makes it odd after dropping down driving the Figo. But it helps for a effortless bumper to bumper drive.

Engine not a scorcher.. but decent to drive. Lag is very much under control. Gear shift is smooth. Brakes are decent and vehicle is composed.

Ergonomics, Im 6'2 and its not an issue for me to drive it, just few adjustments gives me my driving position spot on. Its spacious enough for 4 well built, 5th can be squeezed upon. Enough leg room and head room for me at front as well as at rear.

Visibility, ofcourse had its limits due to thick A pillar and high mounted dash. Again Figo spoilled me.

If the Ecosport has the HPS, i might end up having trouble to deal with 'itching to buy new car' syndrome.

They have stopped taking bookings further for Titanium O TDCI, and the waiting period for Titanium D is ~ 12 months, The base variant is carrying the least waiting period of ~3 months. This is the situation with Chennai Ford.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 20th August 2013 at 12:49.
Old 20th August 2013, 15:28   #3495
BHPian

I have a small query regarding wheel alignment
My ES has done 5250 km and I had gone to get the wheel alignment done.I had enquired at 3 places and all the three told that they are yet to receive the readings for Ecosport from the company.
Anyone here who got the alignment done ? If so from where??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks