Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 15:25   #3511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
There is no one I have seen who has his hands on a Manual 1.5(P). The 1.5(AT) FE figures are around 10-12 as mentioned in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rs-review.html . That means the Manual would give at lest 12-15 as Manuals are always better..

I see people reporting almost 12-15 FE of Ecoboost. Why take a less powerful engine with a turbocharger compared to a more powerful engine without one.. I believe in the mountains the 1.5(P) will be a better performer as compared to Ecoboost.
Dear Switch sir,

Don't expect the manual 1.5P's efficiency to be better than the A/T. I have the fiesta a/t on which I get an average of 8-9 in bombay traffic. The manual one gives ~0.5 kmpl more. Thats about it. Also the ecoboost is rated at 125ps and the 1.5 is rated at 107. So the ecoboost is more powerful on paper, but you'll have to change your driving style for the ghats (where you must keep the engine in the turbo zone). Whether you are comfortable with that or not is purely a personal decision. The ecoboost will not give a good f.e. if it is thrashed either. Decision is yours entirely. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the ecoboost but that's because of the price factor

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 21st August 2013, 16:42   #3512
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Question for you guys who are following the MUV closely. There is no one I have seen who has his hands on a Manual 1.5(P). The 1.5(AT) FE figures are around 10-12 as mentioned in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rs-review.html . That means the Manual would give at lest 12-15 as Manuals are always better at FE as compared to AT's with the same engines.
Normally AT efficiency is lesser than in the Manual as most AT available earlier were 4 speed ones (Cielo was 3 speed) while the Manual box would be a 5 speed box. But with a DSG box like in the Fiesta the AT will be 6 speed and also this being a DGS the shifts will be much faster and smoother. Theoretically a DSG AT FE should be better than that of the Manual. Also the 0-100 times should be better than in a manual. This is indeed the case with Skoda (and I guess all VW group vehicles) vehicles like the Laura and Superb where the DSG is 6 or 7 speed and more fuel efficient that their manual versions as also faster.
Old 21st August 2013, 19:20   #3513
BHPian

Any ideas when Ford India might start shipping the 1.5(P) versions. I am really interested in the 1.5(P) Trend if the FE figures are acceptable.
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 19:54   #3514
BHPian

Some of the Ford dealers have stopped accepting new bookings for Ford EcoSport. But its not a complete stoppage. Still they are accepting bookings for some variants. This depends upon the booking figure of individual dealers. The reason for this is (obviously) huge backlog.

Source:- NDTV
Old 21st August 2013, 20:28   #3515
BHPian

Hey Razor,

There is an option to turn off ABS but not the EPS I checked out the Hill Asisst feature & believe me dude I was impressed - I was in this long ramp almost 45 degrees & I stamped on the brakes because the Swift in front of me braked hard for no reason at all must have dropped something don't know & I slammed my brakes & then he took off something like fast & furious & the guy behind me was just cms away from my rear bumper imagine a 45 degree slope & a guy just cms away from your rear bumper, anyways I thought this is the best time to check out the Hill Asisst feature, I had an option of pulling the handbrake on & then hitting the gas pedal hard which I would have done if I was in my Scorpio, but I didn't panic & Ford didn't let me down, Wowww I just pulled away so cleanly it was unbelievable, after the toll the guy in the swift waved me down & immediately asked whether this was the AT & he was really impressed
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 20:49   #3516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Hey Razor,

There is an option to turn off ABS but not the EPS
Option to turn off ABS, are you sure??
Old 21st August 2013, 22:46   #3517
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Razor,

There is an option to turn off ABS but not the EPS I checked out the Hill Assist feature & believe me dude I was impressed - ..
Exactly opposite is true. One can switch off EPS (VSC) and Traction Control (TC) not ABS.
Old 21st August 2013, 22:59   #3518
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Razor,

There is an option to turn off ABS but not the EPS I checked out the Hill Asisst feature & believe me dude I was impressed - I was in this long ramp almost 45 degrees & I stamped on the brakes because the Swift in front of me braked hard for no reason at all must have dropped something don't know & I slammed my brakes & then he took off something like fast & furious & the guy behind me was just cms away from my rear bumper imagine a 45 degree slope & a guy just cms away from your rear bumper, anyways I thought this is the best time to check out the Hill Asisst feature, I had an option of pulling the handbrake on & then hitting the gas pedal hard which I would have done if I was in my Scorpio, but I didn't panic & Ford didn't let me down, Wowww I just pulled away so cleanly it was unbelievable, after the toll the guy in the swift waved me down & immediately asked whether this was the AT & he was really impressed
Thanks Roy, Can you also check if you can turn off the Traction Control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I think Roy is right you can turn off the ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Exactly opposite is true. One can switch off EPS (VSC) and Traction Control (TC) not ABS.
Hey MrOptimist I think you cannot turn off the ESP on EcoSport(I would love if I am wrong)

In my honest opinion Ford should allow the EcoSport users to turn off / on the ESP and Traction Control feature as there are circumstances where Traction Control needs to be turned off.
Old 21st August 2013, 23:50   #3519
Senior - BHPian

I would seriously like to know, that how can we turn off the Abs?? , as far as I know this can only be done by removing abs relay from ecu, but that would trigger the abs light on center console.
Old 22nd August 2013, 00:41   #3520
Senior - BHPian

There is no possible way to switch off the abs, Ford or any company would definitely not offer a switch to just disable a safety feature like ABS. You can only disable it by cutting the abs wires or removing the module

Companies give an option to turn ESP/ESC off but never ABS.
Old 22nd August 2013, 01:12   #3521
BHPian

I am confused and this might be OT but I have to know.

Why is Hill assist needed in an automatic car, wouldn't by virtue of the D mode the car will be in gear and one just needs to give some throttle input and be off. In gear the car always crawls does it not?, won't a reverse slip occur if the car was in neutral?.

In a manual car I can understand as slipping the clutch or handbrake would be required so Hill hold would be beneficial but why in an Auto?

Will the experts help.

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:18   #3522
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Razor,

There is an option to turn off ABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
I think Roy is right you can turn off the ABS
Guys please don't get confused. There is absolutely no way one can turn off ABS in a car. No manufacturer will give you that option. The only hack is to remove the ABS fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
In gear the car always crawls does it not?, won't a reverse slip occur if the car was in neutral?.
A DSG will not crawl as much as a regular torque converter AT. It will roll back. In an AT you still only use one foot for brake and accelerator. The time to remove the foot off the brake and on the gas is enough to allow a car to roll back.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd August 2013 at 09:21.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:31   #3523
BHPian

Saw this not so good news in yesterdays Economic Times that Ford India has stopped bookings for some Ecosport variant.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/21958179.cms

Yesterday one of my colleague who is interested in the EcoSport visited a Ford showroom and was shocked to see the waiting period of 300 days !!
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:09   #3524
BHPian

Guys I apologise We cannot turn off ABS but have an option to turn off the ESP(Electronic Stability Program), sorry for the confusion caused
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:18   #3525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
I am confused and this might be OT but I have to know.

Why is Hill assist needed in an automatic car, wouldn't by virtue of the D mode the car will be in gear and one just needs to give some throttle input and be off. In gear the car always crawls does it not?, won't a reverse slip occur if the car was in neutral?.

In a manual car I can understand as slipping the clutch or handbrake would be required so Hill hold would be beneficial but why in an Auto?

Will the experts help.

Thanks
Hill Assist feature works great on the AT on any slope or ramp upward or downward. From a standing stop the car moves forward or backward because of gravity & by the time (a few seconds) you move your right leg from the brake to the accelerator the Hill Assist keeps the brake on to avoid roll back or forward enabling you to pull away cleanly. Believe me it worked like a dream in the Ampa Mall ramp with cars ahead & behind me just cms away

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks