Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 21:30   #3376
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I too am not interested in offending anyone. But I do feel that placing a link helps interested prospective Buyers to go straight away to the Owner's Link, rather than searching for a new EcoSport Entry every time in the long owners thread / link.
Seran Manian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 21:41   #3377

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post

Is that Matt Black or the regular black of Ecosport?
It's NightFury Super Matt (not the regular vinyl) has a deep shimmer and matures overtime.
Develops fine scarry pattern over edges and adds to the character

I saw this first done to a Volvo XC60 and felt as if I saw a WW II Tank, the guy had carelessly ignored and left the mud over the wheel arches..

I HAD TO get this done and so within a week of delivery I got it done. Thankfully I met a good guy for the job and it took 2.5 days for same. Though he warned me before he did the job since this sticker requires high maintenance, reason fine granular surface texture. AND that's what makes it a Head-turner.

Even the Metro Ford sales guys were fully drooling over the vehicle when I paid a visit to them to collect my return cheque (in a hurry I paid them more than the vehicle cost, may b that's what helped me get my choice of colour n variant and delivery in just 3 weeks time.

My experience with Metro Ford was exceptionally satisfactory and exemplary, I was attended by Vasanth. He was a sweet heart to make this possible.

PS: Mods suggest if I can share the details of the garage, where I got the job done.
Old 13th August 2013, 00:12   #3378
BHPian

7100 KMS update :

Mine is a prebooked Ecosport TDCi that got delivered a month back and has done 7100 kms so far. Car is good (overall).

-It can definitely can do with more power, I could feel the difference with 4 on board and without AC being sprightly than 5 On board with AC ON.

- 3 day trip of 1690 kms(Chennai to b'lore to Jog falls) with 5 On board. Rear occupants felt Ok with the leg room and did not complain of the lack of shoulder room surprisingly. One did mention that my Dzire felt a bit wider than this, which is of course true.

- Microsoft SYNC was mighty useful and the wiper was good as it was pouring continuously.

- Headlight definitely needs an upgrade to 90/100w bulbs.

- Handling is good, suspension makes noise if one goes over the bumps at high speeds or undulations on the road (unnoticed), high speed stability is awesome.

- Most Critical part : Mileage - 15 kmpl with 5 On board with 95% AC.(Mixed with ghat sections, high speed sprints and full highway driving) In city - I get 16.5 kmpl

- Did not feel any fatigue after driving 700 kms in one night unlike my Dzire which has soft seats, could still feel my butt after the drive.

- The tires(Good year) cannot do even 5% off-roading that a 4x4 with AT tires can do.

I am just mentioning that needs improvement for prospective buyers.

Cheers.

Last edited by revv_maniac : 13th August 2013 at 00:14.
revv_maniac is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 03:20   #3379
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aftermarket accessories for Ford EcoSport available in India .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Well I'm in search for that too.
There is a provision for DRL's in the headlamp.
I think they would give it only as a part of facelift maybe 3 years down the lane.
ecosport/11472092[/url]
I am also waiting for the same DRLs and projector headlamps, so that I can open the headlight only once.
Also found a company called genome who reterofit projectors.I will post some pictures later.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 06:51   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshBLR View Post
EcoSport Headlamps originally were supposed to house a DRL (Daytime Running Light) and same was taken off to make it cheaper for Indian market. However the headlamps still hv groves fro same with holes on either side (not accessible) wonder if same wud b made available in the Indian market soon.....
Well, i guess those headlamps are for export version.

Im still able to spot a few ecosport(s) with DRL headlamps being tested without any camouflage, on the tindivanam-chennai highway. Must say the DRLs look brilliant in evenings.

May be export versions are still being tested.
Old 13th August 2013, 09:43   #3381
BHPian

Congrats guys. Looks like ford has a winner. Duster's dropping sales are testament that Renault took we duster owners for ride with high pricing.

Only if we had this option last year, I would have got ecosport. Never mind , duster does my job perfectly mostly. I just wish eco sport success will fill some sense in Renault's bad management .

Spoke to Renault service center employees about ecosport. As usual they started moaning on nonexistent eco sport issues .tells me Ford did a good job.

Oh BTW last repair job resulted in a ill fitted intercooler with more rattling and door creaks. When I mentioned "I wish I would have waited for eco sport", things started moving swiftly.
So thank you Ford. Long live competition, if this goberment does not kill our economy.
acroback is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 10:00   #3382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I am also waiting for the same DRLs and projector headlamps, so that I can open the headlight only once.
Also found a company called genome who reterofit projectors.I will post some pictures later.

Hey please give updates on this !
I too am interested for the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Well, i guess those headlamps are for export version.

Im still able to spot a few ecosport(s) with DRL headlamps being tested without any camouflage, on the tindivanam-chennai highway. Must say the DRLs look brilliant in evenings.

May be export versions are still being tested.
They really do buddy.
Ya it may be so.
Will keep an open eye for them as I haven't seen DRL's in flesh!
Old 13th August 2013, 11:20   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
7100 KMS update :

Mine is a prebooked Ecosport TDCi that got delivered a month back and has done 7100 kms so far. Car is good (overall).

-It can definitely can do with more power, I could feel the difference with 4 on board and without AC being sprightly than 5 On board with AC ON.

- 3 day trip of 1690 kms(Chennai to b'lore to Jog falls) with 5 On board. Rear occupants felt Ok with the leg room and did not complain of the lack of shoulder room surprisingly. One did mention that my Dzire felt a bit wider than this, which is of course true.

- Microsoft SYNC was mighty useful and the wiper was good as it was pouring continuously.

- Headlight definitely needs an upgrade to 90/100w bulbs.

- Handling is good, suspension makes noise if one goes over the bumps at high speeds or undulations on the road (unnoticed), high speed stability is awesome.

- Most Critical part : Mileage - 15 kmpl with 5 On board with 95% AC.(Mixed with ghat sections, high speed sprints and full highway driving) In city - I get 16.5 kmpl

- Did not feel any fatigue after driving 700 kms in one night unlike my Dzire which has soft seats, could still feel my butt after the drive.

- The tires(Good year) cannot do even 5% off-roading that a 4x4 with AT tires can do.

I am just mentioning that needs improvement for prospective buyers.

Cheers.
The power does leave a lot to be desired especially when you want to overtake on the highways. But I think the tuning is for efficiency and I can live with it as I am basically a very sedate driver and only overtake heavy trucks that go at city speeds on the highways.

Spot on about the tires. Though the ground clearance will tempt you to go over rugged terrain, the tires will soon bring you back down to earth(read soft roads)
sup? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 11:25   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post

The power does leave a lot to be desired especially when you want to overtake on the highways. But I think the tuning is for efficiency and I can live with it as I am basically a very sedate driver and only overtake heavy trucks that go at city speeds on the highways.

Spot on about the tires. Though the ground clearance will tempt you to go over rugged terrain, the tires will soon bring you back down to earth(read soft roads)
Is there a particular vehicle that you have been driving regularly where you feel the power is adequate? I just wish to know if you are comparing it to any other car. Moreover is that car in the same price bracket? I found EcoSport to be faster/powerful than hatches and slower than sedans. But then as per pricing it sits between the two , so I am not complaining. But my experience is from TD's only
Old 13th August 2013, 11:40   #3385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
7100 KMS update :

Revv,
Thank you for the quick summary.

Have you thought about installing a DieselTRONIC Race dynamics box? I have spoken to them and they say that the Box for the Ecosport is going to be out soon. They said that they will remove it for us before the service, so it will not void warranty. I will take a test run on my ecosport after installing the box and see whether it makes a difference. If it does, I will surely buy it. (Once I get the delivery).

Apart from that, how do you find the build quality of the vehicle after driving it for 7k kms? Any rattles?
Old 13th August 2013, 11:52   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post

If you are a sedate driver then the power should be more than enough for you! The engine is not a techno bombshell but it sure does its job well in terms of delivering its torque low down in the rev range. Ford does know how to build tough diesel engines and place them in cars which have great handling.
Old 13th August 2013, 11:58   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Is there a particular vehicle that you have been driving regularly where you feel the power is adequate? I just wish to know if you are comparing it to any other car. Moreover is that car in the same price bracket? I found EcoSport to be faster/powerful than hatches and slower than sedans. But then as per pricing it sits between the two , so I am not complaining. But my experience is from TD's only
I don't think you should compare Ecosport with Hatches as that is not fair to the hatches. My comparison is with Sedans that are similarly priced. My parents have an Chevy Optra and that zips about like a rocket. Others that I have driven like the Rapid/Vento/City etc that are in a similar price range seem to have more power. But of course my Ecosport gived me more fuel efficiency than the other cars that I have mentioned and I am very happy about that.
Old 13th August 2013, 12:02   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I own EcoBoost and have driven the diesel. Between the two lack of power in diesel is evident. I know this is not a fair comparison.

Coming to other cars which have similar diesel engines. I have driven the national engine (MJD) and for sure, I felt that it is more powerful than the one in EcoSport, not going too much into exact numbers of horses.

I think in the end, it is all about that turbo kick that went missing in the EcoSport.
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 12:59   #3389
BHPian

Just finished a trip to the hill station ,Munnar. Just a few days before our visit,Munnar was devastated by some of the worst landslides in it's history.Initially we had planned to cancel the visit.But since the weather seemed to improve,we went ahead with the journey.
We encountered some real bad roads on the way apart from the long winding roads through the tea gardens, which are typical of Munnar.I must say that the Ecosport handled all kinds of terrain very well.I had seen somebody mention in some other post that he was finding it difficult to maneuver the Ecosport through such terrains.But I felt no problem in those unfriendly roads - whether the steep uphills or the slushy mountain roads or the remnants of the 'so called' roads
Overall, came back mighty impressed..I am attaching some snaps too
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun-2-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun3-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun4-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun5-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun6-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun7-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun-1-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun-9-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun-10-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mun-11-c.jpg  

jojoinassi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 13:10   #3390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
I had seen somebody mention in some other post that he was finding it difficult to maneuver the Ecosport through such terrains.But I felt no problem in those unfriendly roads - whether the steep uphills or the slushy mountain roads or the remnants of the 'so called' roads
Overall, came back mighty impressed..I am attaching some snaps too
Which tyres does your Ecosport have? What was the fuel efficiency of the whole trip?

Also, how about some larger images?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks