Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2013, 12:14   #3346
BHPian

Re: Aftermarket accessories for Ford EcoSport available in India .

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshBLR View Post
EcoSport Headlamps originally were supposed to house a DRL (Daytime Running Light) and same was taken off to make it cheaper for Indian market. However the headlamps still hv groves fro same with holes on either side (not accessible) wonder if same wud b made available in the Indian market soon.....

Attachment 1123876

Well I'm in search for that too.
There is a provision for DRL's in the headlamp.
I think they would give it only as a part of facelift maybe 3 years down the lane.

Please do update us if you have any information regarding sourcing the same!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And also found the Car cover for EcoSport on Rediff shopping online

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/p...sport/11472092
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-car-cover-ford-ecosport-rediff-shopping.jpg  

Last edited by johannskaria : 11th August 2013 at 12:24.
Old 11th August 2013, 12:53   #3347
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
Another instance of Ecosport tyre trouble.
Quite an experience, probably the first long drive with your new car, not a good one!
Got a few queries. How do you think Elite ford can help you?
Which brand tyres have you got? Also how easy is it to replace the tyres, especially removing the spare and fixing it back on? Is it a one or two man job?
Old 11th August 2013, 15:19   #3348

One of a kind.....

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image3779567010.jpg
harshBLR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 16:08   #3349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Thanks, yup that was me, returning from a ride to Kalpaklam. Were you in a light blue Polo 1.6?
Yes! Foreigner + Indian wife in light-blue Polo 1.6. Perhaps we do stand out a little, but your powers of observation/memory, even down to the model, are amazing!

I expect/hope for another four-plus years out of the Polo, and, in fact, am in two minds as to whether I'll even go on driving here after that. Otherwise, I have the Ecosport is my next car feeling. Especially when they dig up our road and reduce it to dirt track status yet again, as they have just done.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 11th August 2013 at 16:11.
Old 11th August 2013, 19:19   #3350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Quite an experience, probably the first long drive with your new car, not a good one!
Got a few queries. How do you think Elite ford can help you?
Which brand tyres have you got? Also how easy is it to replace the tyres, especially removing the spare and fixing it back on? Is it a one or two man job?
I talked to the CRM of Elite Ford. He said they would want to take a look at the car and see what they can do. I hope they put me down for an exchange or something. I will keep you posted.

I have the goodyear 15''.

Replacing the tyre is a breeze actually. It is easier than doing it for Hatches where the spare tyre is buried underneath the boot. If you are well built like I am, lifting the spare tyre to mount it at the back is not going to be too much trouble and I much prefer this to a hatch.
Old 12th August 2013, 08:49   #3351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshBLR View Post
One of a kind.....

Attachment 1124002
Is that Matt Black or the regular black of Ecosport?
Old 12th August 2013, 08:54   #3352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post

Is that Matt Black or the regular black of Ecosport?
Matt black . that's why one of its kind
niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 09:27   #3353
Distinguished - BHPian

My BIL and I visited the Ford dealership - Lathangi Ford in JP Nagar, Bangalore on ORR on Saturday.
We were interested in the 1.5D and the 1.0EB Titanium+ variants.
1.0EB was not available for a TD and hence took a TD of only the 1.5D
Here are the top-five things that we liked and we didn't.

What we liked:
  1. Beautiful looking vehicle from the outside, Though its a little smaller than the Duster, it definitely looks bigger than our hatchback. The Rear tyre adds to the masculine SUV-like feel
  2. Nice commanding seating position for the driver
  3. Rear seat leg room felt good but I think it was mainly because of the upright seating position
  4. There was no visible turbo lag and the engine was fairly smooth to drive and has decent pulling capacity for a large rev range
  5. Key-less entry and the start-stop button
What we didn't like:
  1. The plastic quality didn't feel premium but definitely not as cheap as something like Etios. It was just "acceptable".
  2. The driver seat armrest is a nice addition but a little thin to my liking
  3. The resolution of the MID at the centre is very less and looks like its out of a video game console of the 90's. It cries for a touch screen.
  4. The boot is really small for a "SUV"
  5. The 1.5 engine didn't feel powerful in whatever we drove
Overall it is a decent package. A nice upgrade from a hatch and a good alternative to the now seemingly expensive Duster.
On road Prices for Bangalore is ₹10.34Lakhs for 1.0EB and ₹11.26Lakhs for the 1.5D (Both Titanium+ variants). The booking amount was ₹50,000.
We have asked for a TD of the 1.0EB. He has assured that he'll call us once it is available. After that, the final decision will be taken.

The waiting period is HUGE. The sales executive told us that the 1.5D will take 8 months for delivery and the 1.0EB will take 1 year.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 10:09   #3354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... but I don't know what to do if he does not give me a new set of tyres. I have lost all confidence in these tyres...
What are the other options if he agrees for exchange/replacement? I mean which other brand does it come with from factory?

Horrible experience though. About the higher than normal revs, relax, I don't think one particular instance would harm the engine in any way. If anything, many people advocate no running-in these days and go pedal to metal from Day 1.

Hope you get this sorted soon. ATB!
Old 12th August 2013, 10:25   #3355
BHPian

Quote:
Another instance of Ecosport tyre trouble.
Maybe it was your style of driving? How used to are you to driving in such conditions? If there were Omnis doing this route, I don't see any reason why the Ecosport couldn't. I don't think the tyres are that much to blame.

Also, you can relax about the engine, I don't think one particular instance of revving will do any harm to the engine.
Old 12th August 2013, 10:30   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
[*]The 1.5 engine didn't feel powerful in whatever we drove[/list]
I couldn't understand this , are you comparing it to some other vehicle or you talking about driving in different conditions or something?

Was it because it didn't have that "turbo kick" of DDiS/MJD?
Old 12th August 2013, 10:57   #3357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I couldn't understand this , are you comparing it to some other vehicle or you talking about driving in different conditions or something?

I think he is referring to that Turbo kick found in DDiS. I felt the same. My Swift had a better kick.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 11:37   #3358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Its both actually.
For my BIL who has a Polo1.6 right now which is 104PS was understandably feeling the lack of power in this 91PS engine
For me, it was more the driving conditions. Since I didn't get to drive in different conditions, I the limited time I drove, I was not overly impressed (May be I expected too much).

Quote:
Definitely not because of this
Old 12th August 2013, 11:44   #3359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A flat front left tyre. Ok, so need to change it. While I was adjusting the position of the car to bring it on to a completely flat surface, my friend starts waving at me, saying no air in the back tyre too. I get down and check that rear left tyre has also lost 3/4th of the pressure.

Now, for the final straw. After coming back to Bangalore last night, today morning I check the rear tyre which was filled with air and find it has gone almost flat again.

That would be mine. It is a Trend diesel.
Sup --> Yours definitely seems to be a stand alone issue with the tires. What did the CRM say? Drop in the updates.

My front right tire had a long nail in it and went absolutely flat. I want to check if we are getting tubeless Goodyears on Ecosport. My Getz with tubeless tires has never gone flat with a nail!

I just got back from a tour and my car (delivery on 5th July) was simply standing since 3rd week of July. So haven't had a chance to go through the manual yet but i really was surprised to see zero tire pressure! Really need to read up the manual.
Old 12th August 2013, 12:11   #3360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
What are the other options if he agrees for exchange/replacement? I mean which other brand does it come with from factory?
Horrible experience though. About the higher than normal revs, relax, I don't think one particular instance would harm the engine in any way. If anything, many people advocate no running-in these days and go pedal to metal from Day 1.
Hope you get this sorted soon. ATB!
Yesterday when I went my local tyre repair guy to get the troublesome tyres patched, he showed me one big hole and two very minute holes. He patched the big hole and said it will be ok to use as a spare for a couple of days but that I should get it exchanged because this seems to be an issue with the tyre quality.

Today I went to the service station and they told me they would call the goodyear guys and get my tyre checked. They said they would give me a call as to when I should come to get the tyre checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Maybe it was your style of driving? How used to are you to driving in such conditions? If there were Omnis doing this route, I don't see any reason why the Ecosport couldn't. I don't think the tyres are that much to blame.
Also, you can relax about the engine, I don't think one particular instance of revving will do any harm to the engine.
I have driven a lot in ghat roads though it has always been petrol engines. But I have never had issues driving in these conditions before. I am not saying I am a great driver but the tyre having 2-3 small holes within 1000 kms should raise questions about the quality of the tyres rather than my driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Sup --> Yours definitely seems to be a stand alone issue with the tires. What did the CRM say? Drop in the updates.

My front right tire had a long nail in it and went absolutely flat. I want to check if we are getting tubeless Goodyears on Ecosport. My Getz with tubeless tires has never gone flat with a nail!

I just got back from a tour and my car (delivery on 5th July) was simply standing since 3rd week of July. So haven't had a chance to go through the manual yet but i really was surprised to see zero tire pressure! Really need to read up the manual.
Ya. Even I was surprised that a tubeless tyre had issues and that too two tyres at the same time. I will wait to see what the Goodyear guys say about this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks