Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 11:34   #2596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
There is mention of an Overdrive review on the web of the automatic Ecosport that has barely crossed 5,000 kilometers and has begun to rattle badly, the whole Ecosport thing is turning into a roller coaster ride with different bits of information trickling in. Guess one should follow the Sachin Tendulkar principle, don't read anything about the Ecosport, just go there and buy it
I can't find the link; could you please point to that.
Old 14th July 2013, 11:42   #2597
BHPian

Observations from Noida Ford showroom:
- Big chunky door handles are a distinct competitive advantage. Felt like pulling them out and fit them on my XUV.
- Ideal seat height for ingress/egress.
- Half hearted attempt to make the interiors dual-tone does not quite work out.
- Mars Red is what brings the design alive. Found the white boring and gray sad. My bro is sold on Chill looking at pics.
Old 14th July 2013, 11:56   #2598
BHPian

According to motoroids and few other sites bookings of Ecosport have reached 25000 in 17 days. I still can't figure out the reason behind 9 months waiting period for diesel. Even at a modest 5k per month the backlog should be cleared in 4-5 months.
Old 14th July 2013, 12:04   #2599
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
According to motoroids and few other sites bookings of Ecosport have reached 25000 in 17 days. I still can't figure out the reason behind 9 months waiting period for diesel. Even at a modest 5k per month the backlog should be cleared in 4-5 months.
Different dealers are quoting different waiting periods; in Mumbai they are still quoting 4 months for diesel. Ford needs to take control & give better feedback to the consumers else many like me who need a car sooner will look at other options.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 12:08   #2600
BHPian

Finally I too took the plunge; booked the Ecosport Titanium Diesel at Muthoot Ford, Calicut. The wait is for 5 months, albeit for now.
"Your booking priority is 116 and on Titanium colour wise, your position is 7th.This is for your kind information" said an email in response to my booking.

I insisted that I be sold with just the vehicle cost, road taxes and handling charges, which they obliged, but insisted that I give them in writing that I don't need ford recommended insurance/ under body coating/ extended warranty.
Old 14th July 2013, 13:27   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Different dealers are quoting different waiting periods; in Mumbai they are still quoting 4 months for diesel. Ford needs to take control & give better feedback to the consumers else many like me who need a car sooner will look at other options.
I had pre-booked an Ecosport AT but given the ambiguity and misinformation, I have started evaluating alternatives (if there are really any in a sellers market) and have requested for cancellation.
What an irony that Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) has gone pleading to Government for sops and stimuli; whereas there are customers around willing and waiting to pay for good products and services to whom they don't even respond with grace, not specifically Ford in this case but there are stories abound on this and other fora about lackadaisical attitude and complacence of automobile manufacturers and their dealers. All they will end up is more interference by the Government in policies and operations by the industry (if it were not enough).
dnahelix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 17:01   #2602

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkumar79 View Post
Observations from Noida Ford showroom:
- Big chunky door handles are a distinct competitive advantage. Felt like pulling them out and fit them on my XUV.
- Ideal seat height for ingress/egress.
- Half hearted attempt to make the interiors dual-tone does not quite work out.
- Mars Red is what brings the design alive. Found the white boring and gray sad. My bro is sold on Chill looking at pics.
How about the blue colour? Got any change to see it in flesh? Then please share your opinion or a possible pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Ecosport Vs Duster
I just want to clear a few things for prospective buyers who are looking for info on the ecosport and their decision. People so far have had only to say that "Is it not too much of a car for 10 lacs" ... A petrol bunk owner said this after he looked at the features and took a short spin in my car when i went there to refuel. He congratulated me saying its a wise decision and its beautiful colour. He took his car out and sped off. An AUDI Q5.
By the way what is the colour of your car?..
Old 14th July 2013, 17:33   #2603
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this 1.5D Trend with aftermarket alloys.
Followed it when I returned back. Excellent road presence and the rear really looked awesome. Wish it had alloys on the spare wheel too.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

Old 14th July 2013, 18:53   #2604
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Spotted this 1.5D Trend with aftermarket alloys.
Followed it when I returned back. Excellent road presence and the rear really looked awesome. Wish it had alloys on the spare wheel too.
These alloys look vaguely Punto-ish for some reason.
I vastly prefer the OEM alloys offered on the top spec, by Ford.
Old 14th July 2013, 19:11   #2605
BHPian

Hi just saw the waiting periods posted by other members. These prolonged waiting period for almost all models are likely to hurt demand. Expect some relief for competitors as prospective buyers may change their preferences instead of waiting for almost 9 months for some of the diesel models.
Old 14th July 2013, 19:23   #2606
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why dealers are quoting 9-10 months for the Titanium option 1.5D. June's despatches were approx 4k, assuming Ford can maintain the same(conservative approach) they should be able to clear all backlogs(25k or so) in 5-6 months tops.

9-10 months would've been ok if Ford had got ~40k bookings which clearly isn't the case. I'm guessing dealers are way above the limit in exaggerating the waiting time. The actual deliveries for all of us who have booked should me much earlier hopefully
Old 14th July 2013, 19:31   #2607
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I don't understand why dealers are quoting 9-10 months for the Titanium option 1.5D. June's despatches were approx 4k, assuming Ford can maintain the same(conservative approach) they should be able to clear all backlogs(25k or so) in 5-6 months tops.

9-10 months would've been ok if Ford had got ~40k bookings which clearly isn't the case. I'm guessing dealers are way above the limit in exaggerating the waiting time. The actual deliveries for all of us who have booked should me much earlier hopefully
As somebody else also pointed out earlier in the thread, the 4k despatch hasn't been all june manufactured, people have also got the may manufactured and even earlier cars. So monthly production may not be 4K.
But otherwise, considering the high level of localisation and the availability of capacity in the plant, they should be able to meet the demand. (They have regularly made over 7K figos for many months previously, so they Can)
Old 14th July 2013, 19:32   #2608
BHPian

With the fuel hike from tonight and the few ones in the last month do people still find eco boost a value proposition?
Old 14th July 2013, 19:46   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
With the fuel hike from tonight and the few ones in the last month do people still find eco boost a value proposition?
Not good vibe at all. Am planning to take delivery of my EcoBoost coming week and this is not good thing at all.
Old 14th July 2013, 19:49   #2610
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Such small hikes do little to change a person's mind. Maybe, if you just were on the borderline, and you hear"Petrol price hiked", you may make up your mind and say "that's it, get the Diesel".
But if a person would keep his senses in control, do some calculations, there would be many who would still find EcoBoost better value, if they have a monthly running of well under a 1000 Kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks