Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 14:16   #2461
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

The accessories price has been exorbitantly increased across all Ford dealers in Mumbai! When I spoke to Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai from where I took delivery last Sunday he gave me the following explanation:

a. The price includes LBT Tax (Local Body Tax)
b. Includes his fitting charges

The Interior Ambient light costs Rs. 3,933 with Bhavna Ford while it costs Rs. 2,116 with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore!

This means Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai charges Rs. 1,817 extra for the same accessory! THIS IS CALLED CHEATING CUSTOMERS IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

FORD, India you better take action against all your dealers in Mumbai as far as accessories is concerned. Just as you have issued a price list for the EcoSport vehicle, please follow the same for all the accessories. This is the only way you can earn some respect at this stage! Shame on Ford, India!

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2013 at 01:26. Reason: Please avoid partial highlighting of text, thanks
xuv2390 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 14:49   #2462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post
Congratulations to those who have already received their ecosport. Eagerly waiting for the ownership reviews.
Has anyone taken delivery from Elite ford? I pre-booked mine - Tit(o) Mars red - on 14th June @ Elite ford, but still no signs of delivery yet. I get the usual answers from my SA - 3 months is what we promised.
That sounds suspect. If I'm not wrong, I think members 1 or 2 members who booked in early June (much prior to launch) have already got delivery of their EcoSport in Hy'bad and B'luru. Elsewhere in India too.

3 months waiting for someone who booked on June 14th doesn't sound right when others similarly placed are having their vehicles in their hand. You will have to investigate and get tough with the Elite Ford guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Price of accessories from Lathangi Ford (Bangalore) available at http://www.lathangiford.com/accessories.htm
In B'luru itself, I'm seeing varying prices being quoted for accessories. IMO, Ford should regulate this and ensure the differences are very minimal. Spare wheel cover with Elite Ford is 8175 inc tax and with Lathangi, the same costs 10,485. Rear wing spoiler with Elite Ford is 5775 whereas with Lathangi Ford, the same costs 8900. Steep differences.

Last edited by k_ajay : 10th July 2013 at 15:03. Reason: Adding response to another post.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 14:50   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ Though in general accessories sold through dealerships are expensive I felt the prices mentioned in list above are bit too steep.
Bull Bar: Rs: 44000
Navigation Kit :Rs: 118000 !!
Drop one zero buddy, it will cost only 11800. I would pay 118000 only if the package included a satellite too

About the prices, i guess instead of making a fuss , simply don't buy them. Why do you need a 11k wheel cover or a 6 k illuminated scuff plates?
niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 15:27   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
That sounds suspect. If I'm not wrong, I think members 1 or 2 members who booked in early June (much prior to launch) have already got delivery of their EcoSport in Hy'bad and B'luru. Elsewhere in India too.

3 months waiting for someone who booked on June 14th doesn't sound right when others similarly placed are having their vehicles in their hand. You will have to investigate and get tough with the Elite Ford guys.
If you haven't noticed already, many people who have got deliveries have stuffed their cars with a lot of accessories. Scuff plates, ambient lights, bonnet guards, bumper appliques, rear view cameras, etc. Stuff that one does not usually buy, given the exorbitant prices. Google around, and you will see a number of delivered cars looking like those "fully loaded" auto rickshaws in Bangalore.

To put it bluntly, a scam is going on. Ford knows it, but they are allowing the dealers to party. They haven't had one since the Figo was launched.
ecosport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 16:55   #2465
Senior - BHPian

If at all I book the Ecosport, it would be 6 months after the initial hoop-halla is subdued; by then Mahindra would have some offers on its Quanto, Duster would have reduced waiting, Terrano would be in picture and let's not forget Maruti's XA Alpha and perhaps the Hyundai mini SUV.

My feeling is once the above two products are launched, Ecosport would be readily available. Also, XA would be available with K series engine so, mileage would be great! Gypsy of the future
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 17:01   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
If you haven't noticed already, many people who have got deliveries have stuffed their cars with a lot of accessories. Scuff plates, ambient lights, bonnet guards, bumper appliques, rear view cameras, etc. Stuff that one does not usually buy, given the exorbitant prices. Google around, and you will see a number of delivered cars looking like those "fully loaded" auto rickshaws in Bangalore.

To put it bluntly, a scam is going on. Ford knows it, but they are allowing the dealers to party. They haven't had one since the Figo was launched.
Fully aware of it as we've been seeing photos of the same for the last few pages. Was only informing member Zenith that deliveries have begun in many cities including Hy'bad and B'luru..

Scam yes when they push few compulsory accessories but I wonder if customers are not protesting against mandatory fitment of the costlier accessories. I was lead to believe that only the 'essentials pack' worth ~4500 was being pushed as mandatory (which too, Ford has asked dealers to mention as optional)? I checked the mandatory pack and it includes Carpet floor mats, mudflaps, car freshner, etc... Think it is crazy to push car perfume and religious idols on customers asking them to pay for it. But mud flaps and carpet floor mats are sensible purchase (unless someone has planned to get floor carpet outside from 3D or 3M)..

Pushing anything else should be flatly denied (once car allocation and PDI is done)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If at all I book the Ecosport, it would be 6 months after the initial hoop-halla is subdued; by then Mahindra would have some offers on its Quanto, Duster would have reduced waiting, Terrano would be in picture and let's not forget Maruti's XA Alpha and perhaps the Hyundai mini SUV.

My feeling is once the above two products are launched, Ecosport would be readily available. Also, XA would be available with K series engine so, mileage would be great! Gypsy of the future
Somewhat in a similar boat. I am thinking of waiting until Jan 2014 so my current car will be 5 yrs old. By which time, I'm hoping 1 or 2 other high interest vehicles get launched, diverting some attention away from the EcoSport. Also, Honda Jazz might be launched by that time.

I'm also wondering if I should wait another year and see if Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, Skoda, Honda VW all launch their mini-SUVs by then. This market space can only get more challenging and interesting.. (truth be told, that Skoda Polar is very well designed and very, very tempting, but reports of a 2015 launch is a put-off)..

Last edited by k_ajay : 10th July 2013 at 17:14.
Old 10th July 2013, 17:10   #2467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Terrano would be in picture and let's not forget Maruti's XA Alpha and perhaps the Hyundai mini SUV.
Yes, that will be the ideal time to in hunt for a mini-SUV. However apart from Terrano which may be launched later this year both other vehicles (Hyundai & XA alpha) may be out by 2014 end or 2015 only as per current reports. Till then Duster, EcoSport and the likes will be selling in descent numbers I guess.
Old 10th July 2013, 18:21   #2468
Distinguished - BHPian

Just went through the last few pages of you guys TDing the 3 variants of the EcoSport, and I have a some queries -

1) Can anyone who has driven (or test-driven) all 3 variants (1.5 petrol, Ecoboost and Diesel), shed some light on any differences in steering feel?
I have been reading about the steering being super-light (although not as vague as the Hyundais).
Is that inherent to the 2 petrol variants only, or even the diesel suffers from this lack of heavy bite/weighted feel as well?

2) If someone has a picture of the EcoSport in Kinetic Blue, please post it.
I thought someone had posted it earlier in the thread but I can't seem to find it right now.
Also, anyone who has checked out the EcoSport in all it's color options, which is the best color for the EcoSport other than Mars Red? Is the Silver shade similar to the one on the Figo?

3) I am contemplating to book one for myself next year once this initial hoopla dies down and I save up a bit more of Vitamin M to get myself the top variant, to replace both cars in my garage. It might most probably be the petrol (either 1.5 or 1.0 EcoBoost), since my running is not that great. Which one would you recommend, out of the two?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th July 2013 at 18:23.
Old 10th July 2013, 18:31   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
If someone has a picture of the EcoSport in Kinetic Blue, please post it.
I thought someone had posted it earlier in the thread but I can't seem to find it right now.
Also, anyone who has checked out the EcoSport in all it's color options, which is the best color for the EcoSport other than Mars Red? Is the Silver shade similar to the one on the Figo?
All colors here except for Chill metallic
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3160118

White, Black and Sea gray looks good. Even though I hate silver, Ecosport looks good in it.

Last edited by n_aditya : 10th July 2013 at 19:18. Reason: quote tags fixed
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 18:44   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
All colors here except for Chill metallic
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3160118

White, Black and Sea gray looks good. Even though I hate silver, Ecosport looks good in it.
Here is the blue Ecosport.
http://overdrive.in/reviews/2013-for...tic-road-test/

And you can read Overdrive's automatic review as well. 13.4s to 100, although not too quick, isn't bad for a 1.2 tonne heavy car.
Old 10th July 2013, 19:53   #2471
BHPian

@Ajay

http://www.lathangiford.com/accessories.htm

Are these prices the final ones from Lathangi ? If yes, they are inline with what Ford released earlier

The rear view camera + IRVM display is only 15K .
Old 10th July 2013, 19:55   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
@Ajay

http://www.lathangiford.com/accessories.htm

Are these prices the final ones from Lathangi ? If yes, they are inline with what Ford released earlier

The rear view camera + IRVM display is only 15K .
Yes, i hope it stays at 15k. I have written to Ford regarding the inconsistent pricing. Lets see what they come up with.
Just wondering what was the guy smoking when he came up with 25,500 price.
Old 10th July 2013, 20:31   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just went through the last few pages of you guys TDing the 3 variants of the EcoSport, and I have a some queries -

1) Can anyone who has driven (or test-driven) all 3 variants (1.5 petrol, Ecoboost and Diesel), shed some light on any differences in steering feel?
I have been reading about the steering being super-light (although not as vague as the Hyundais).
Is that inherent to the 2 petrol variants only, or even the diesel suffers from this lack of heavy bite/weighted feel as well?

2) If someone has a picture of the EcoSport in Kinetic Blue, please post it.

3) I am contemplating to book one for myself next year once this initial hoopla dies down and I save up a bit more of Vitamin M to get myself the top variant, to replace both cars in my garage. It might most probably be the petrol (either 1.5 or 1.0 EcoBoost), since my running is not that great. Which one would you recommend, out of the two?

Thanks in advance, guys.
I found the steering in the Diesel Ecosport very similar to that of Vento.
All the colors except Mars red are same as the one in Figo. Mars red is close to the orange color available in A-star,Estilo etc. As far as i heard Mars red and White are running neck to neck when it comes to demand.

If you have the budget i would suggest you to go for the diesel.
Among petrols, if you like to floor the accelerator often than Ecoboost is the one to go, and if sedate city/highway driving is what you do, 1.5L is the one to go for.
Old 10th July 2013, 21:24   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ranjith. Yes, those seem to be prices of accessories including VAT. Elite Ford mention on their pricing sheet that fitment (labour) and painting charges (as applicable) are additional.

15K for rear view mirror with camera sounds right. Elite is crazy to jack up the price by 10K.

Zteg, do keep us posted on what you hear.. Thanks.

RavenAvi, I've only test driven the EcoBoost for less than 5kms. Basis that and what other members have experienced here, the 1.0 EcoBoost for exciting highway drives and spirited city driving, if at all that is possible. Diesel for smooth city experience (mainly) and high FE. Not sure about the 1.5 though..
Old 10th July 2013, 21:26   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I found the steering in the Diesel Ecosport very similar to that of Vento.
Among petrols, if you like to floor the accelerator often than Ecoboost is the one to go, and if sedate city/highway driving is what you do, 1.5L is the one to go for.

I recently drove the Ford Escape (1.6 lt Ecoboost) for about 2 weeks covering over 4 K miles, it returned me an average mileage close to 29mpg (90% US highways speed of 50-75mph).
Escape returned best mileage figures in the 50-60 mph speed range. I noted that the Ecoboost engine mileage drops significantly in city driving condition to around 20 mpg.

The 1.6 Ecoboost engine provided plenty of torque and power for easy overtaking, cruising and was a pleasure to drive.

I believe the 1.0 liter Ecoboost engine in India will also have similar characteristics so guys don’t expect very high mileage figure in Indian city driving conditions.

Most Viewed