Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 16:17   #2386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

Today I saw an ad in a newspaper from VolksWagen on the Polo and Vento. Free 3 yr insurance, three year ext warranty, three year maintenance. Boy, am tempted. I hope these are all available on the Polo GT as well.
I called up right now. Its only valid if you avail zero percent volkswagen finance for 18 months.
Old 8th July 2013, 16:26   #2387
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The chinese version of ecosport 1.5 auto titanium has
1.Keyless entry
2.Leather seats
3.sunroof(not panoramic)
4.daytime running lights.
5.6 airbags
6.providing headlighlight bulb upgrade to hella and phillips (same 55/60watts but atleast 40Percent brighter)I bought hella H4
7.interior map reading spot light led replacement by philips (bought one pair)T10 type
8.brighter led replacement for trunk.philips again (cylinder shape)
Also bought one extra pair of T10 super white leds and replaced parking lights as they are also T10.
9.No HID option from ford india
10.The length is also around 200mm more.
Hi Ecosport,
Thanks for the info. The head lights look great!
Are these the lights you got? Sorry, i couldn't understand the post clearly. Also, where did you do the fitment?

6.providing headlighlight bulb upgrade --> I bought hella H4
7.interior map reading spot light led replacement by philips --> bought one pair T10 type. Are you referring to the 3 reading lights right above the gear knob?
8.brighter led replacement for trunk.philips again (cylinder shape) --> Any specific model number?

Also bought one extra pair of T10 super white leds and replaced parking lights as they are also T10. --> Is T10 a brand? Can you post the exact specifics?

Thanks!

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th July 2013 at 21:09. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 17:15   #2388
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a random thought, can the 1.5D be 'chipped' for power/torque gains?
Old 8th July 2013, 17:33   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
I called up right now. Its only valid if you avail zero percent volkswagen finance for 18 months.
That's a good deal if you are getting 0% rate if interest, esp with AMC offer. Just ask for a 4th year warranty price.. (should be under 5000) and extra cost to convert comprehensive insurance into 0% dep.

Last edited by click : 8th July 2013 at 17:33. Reason: typed wrong word
Old 8th July 2013, 18:04   #2390
BHPian

The VW fully loaded offer is not applicable for the Polo TSI - sad.

Also, dealer says that VW has no plans to introduce any sort of extended warranty for the Polo TSI and that the company has taken care of the GB failure issues by fixing and fine tuning "certain" things. Lack of extended warranty is a major bummer for a hi-tech 10 lac hot hatch, especially with the well-known GB issues.

With the EcoSport receiving mixed reviews on this thread and the rear space also a concern, guess the wait gets a bit longer.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:06   #2391
BHPian

From Parry's June 2013 Car sales Analysis, 573 Petrol Ecosports have been shipped to the dealers. Did anyone on this forum get delivery of Petrol Ecosport and more importantly the Automatic one? Last checked, I was informed by the dealer (Wasan, Marinlines Mumbai) that Ford is yet to start the production of Petrol Ecosport (which is supposed to start in late July) and hence the shipment will begin only in August for manual variants and it will take additional one month for automatic variant.
Old 8th July 2013, 18:07   #2392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post

That's a good deal if you are getting 0% rate if interest, esp with AMC offer. Just ask for a 4th year warranty price.. (should be under 5000) and extra cost to convert comprehensive insurance into 0% dep.
I checked with the Chennai dealership - the offer is not applicable for the GT TSI. Absolutely no discounts or offers on the GT TSI.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 18:36   #2393
BHPian

Can anybody advise me on the driveablity of the regular petrol 1.5L Manual transmission engine? Was trying to read reviews about it and so far there are nil!
Old 8th July 2013, 19:10   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Just a random thought, can the 1.5D be 'chipped' for power/torque gains?
Yes definitely. Race dynamics or Petes would definite come out with something or they should have as the same engine is used in Fiesta as well.

I would also go for a remap or box after 4-5k kms as after driving my Vento, this would definitely feel underpowered, the remap should help. Also after 4000-5000 kms we can judge if the chasis balance and handling can take more power

Last edited by coolboy007 : 8th July 2013 at 19:12.
Old 8th July 2013, 19:39   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Yes definitely. Race dynamics or Petes would definite come out with something or they should have as the same engine is used in Fiesta as well.

I would also go for a remap or box after 4-5k kms as after driving my Vento, this would definitely feel underpowered, the remap should help. Also after 4000-5000 kms we can judge if the chasis balance and handling can take more power
Pete's do not have a tuning box yet for the Fiesta 1.5D. As far as I know, they import their boxes from PSI motorsports, and I guess they do not have a 1.5D version with them. I think the 1.5D engine is not available Europe. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 8th July 2013, 20:31   #2396
BHPian

Got the VIN number for my car. It is May manufactured. Dealer said that car is in transit.
Went to the dealer to choose accessories.
As of now I have just ordered seat covers and illuminated scuff plates. The rear view camera costs whopping 25k. It was 15k couple of weeks ago. Dealer says Ford has revised prices for accessories. This was a big let down.
Old 8th July 2013, 21:18   #2397
BHPian

Which variant? Which dealer?
Can you please put the break up price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Got the VIN number for my car. It is May manufactured. Dealer said that car is in transit.
Went to the dealer to choose accessories.
As of now I have just ordered seat covers and illuminated scuff plates. The rear view camera costs whopping 25k. It was 15k couple of weeks ago. Dealer says Ford has revised prices for accessories. This was a big let down.
Old 8th July 2013, 21:30   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
From Parry's June 2013 Car sales Analysis, 573 Petrol Ecosports have been shipped to the dealers. Did anyone on this forum get delivery of Petrol Ecosport and more importantly the Automatic one? Last checked, I was informed by the dealer (Wasan, Marinlines Mumbai) that Ford is yet to start the production of Petrol Ecosport (which is supposed to start in late July) and hence the shipment will begin only in August for manual variants and it will take additional one month for automatic variant.
This could be for demo and test drive purposes for showrooms ..

First lot of EcoBoost would get shipped towards second half of July. (As per my info) and the 1.5 shipments to start from August
Old 8th July 2013, 21:34   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
The rear view camera costs whopping 25k. It was 15k couple of weeks ago. Dealer says Ford has revised prices for accessories. This was a big let down.
Nice trick from Ford. After pricing the car low, they are making it up by selling accessories. Exorbitantly priced, and push it to customers who want to get their cars early.

I suggest you get the car with the minimal set of accessories possible. Once the current euphoria dies down, the prices would come down. Or else you would find a lot of cheap after-market ones very soon.
Old 8th July 2013, 21:38   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Pete's do not have a tuning box yet for the Fiesta 1.5D. As far as I know, they import their boxes from PSI motorsports, and I guess they do not have a 1.5D version with them. I think the 1.5D engine is not available Europe. Please correct me if I am wrong.
The 1.5 TDCI motor is available in Europe, and in two states of tune: 75 Bhp and 90 Bhp. It is available on the Fiesta hatch, Fiesta panel van and B-Max MPV.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks