Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 15:57   #2236
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I got a surprise this afternoon. Lathangi Ford called me that my car has been allotted. (White EcoBoost booked last Sunday)
I was told it'd take atleast 5-6 months and my car is ready in 7 days.
Even I got a call from Lathangi today and I was expecting this call almost 2 months later. The variant I had booked is the Titanium Diesel Sea Grey. Will visit them tomorrow and ask about the VIN number and check when it was manufactured. Also, have all the documents ready for the loan and hopefully it will be smooth sailing in SBI ( where I dont have a bank a/c).
Old 5th July 2013, 15:58   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Well that seems to be my only option. Can you give me some dealers information who does that?

Since the dealership called just now to inform the prices will be around 80,000 itself. That too without Tires.They say it is to avoid customers going for the Ambiente model as their margins are also low in that.
What a crappy logic? In my opinion, while pricing the EcoSport very "competively" they would definitely foreseen such opportunities to offset their profit loss.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:01   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
What a crappy logic? In my opinion, while pricing the EcoSport very "competively" they would definitely foreseen such opportunities to offset their profit loss.

Well thats the logic which they explained me !
Ford ought to really grow up. I really start wonder now what their Servicing costs would be!!!
Old 5th July 2013, 16:04   #2239
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Alloys - 80K should include about 50K for 5 new Tyres. (without the swap price) and about 30K for the 5 alloys in 16". Do check.

Order of Bookings as per the dealer where I booked:

Colour - White (max by far), Mars Red (Clear Second), rest in more or less equal small numbers.
Engine - Diesel (max) followed by EcoBoost followed by 1.5P
Transmission - Manual (95%) AT (5% or lesser).
Didn't ask him about the Trim.

A white EcoBoost should be in sufficient demand - in the context of the discussion above.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 16:06   #2240
Distinguished - BHPian

Same case here. Just called up Kairali Ford. Diesel Titanium has the longest waiting period. If it's the base and mid model, vehicle will be available for allotment this month.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 16:12   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Alloys - 80K should include about 50K for 5 new Tyres. (without the swap price) and about 30K for the 5 alloys in 16". Do check.

Order of Bookings as per the dealer where I booked:

Colour - White (max by far), Mars Red (Clear Second), rest in more or less equal small numbers.
Engine - Diesel (max) followed by EcoBoost followed by 1.5P
Transmission - Manual (95%) AT (5% or lesser).
Didn't ask him about the Trim.

A white EcoBoost should be in sufficient demand - in the context of the discussion above.

Rechecked with them they still want 80k for the 5 alloy wheels. no tire swaps included. They said they would sell me the alloys rest would have to be done by me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Same case here. Just called up Kairali Ford. Diesel Titanium has the longest waiting period. If it's the base and mid model, vehicle will be available for allotment this month.
My only thing is that Kairali have got greedy. Hope they wont be greedy when it comes to servicing!

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th July 2013 at 08:26. Reason: back to back posts
Old 5th July 2013, 16:39   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

I Booked Ambiente Variant of Ecosport in Black with Kairali Ford Thrissur, kerala with booking no 68 and allotment in July. They did a commendable job right till yesterday.
I presume you have booked a Diesel version. I have been clearly told they have not started production of the base version and nor do they intend to in the near 3 months. For now it seems like it was only a marketing gimmick to get people coming to thier showrooms. Are you sure it would be delivered by July?

I prebooked the AT and finally changed to Ambiente Diesel version. I am fine with 3 months wait time since i am moving my house and the new place has parking place which the current one does not have. Kindly recheck again with the dealer again.

On another point, i think you should get alloys outside to differentiate yourself from the OEM alloys. It will make you stand out among the other ecosports on the road. Blacked out alloys on your black ecosport would look smashing. I certainly plan to do that.

Last edited by urajkumar : 5th July 2013 at 16:42.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:47   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I presume you have booked a Diesel version. I have been clearly told they have not started production of the base version and nor do they intend to in the near 3 months. For now it seems like it was only a marketing gimmick to get people coming to thier showrooms. Are you sure it would be delivered by July?

I prebooked the AT and finally changed to Ambiente Diesel version. I am fine with 3 months wait time since i am moving my house and the new place has parking place which the current one does not have. Kindly recheck again with the dealer again.

On another point, i think you should get alloys outside to differentiate yourself from the OEM alloys. It will make you stand out among the other ecosports on the road. I certainly plan to do that.

Ya I booked Diesel indeed. Ya they have promised me a July Delivery.

Even I thought so but two things are preventing me from doing that :-
1. They say I will void related parts warranty if I fit an after market accessory
2. I really liked the EcoSport concept, and the alloys were a part of it. It really goes with the design
Old 5th July 2013, 16:50   #2244
BHPian

Ok I talked to the executive and she said that people in showroom are equally surprised. I think its a genuine vehicle because I'm offered to wait for next lot if i wished. No mandatory purchase of accessories if i chose to buy. I think this case is a fair one. But am still confused as to what to do.
Old 5th July 2013, 17:12   #2245
BHPian

The lathangi Ford guys in Bangalore are still behaving arrogantly and thinking they're doing us a favor by selling the EcoSport. On inquiring about the Ecoboost, this is what I got:

Sir, why don't you come down and deposit 50k for booking, we'll talk about the delivery after at least ten months!! Actual babies don't take this long to get delivered!

No test drives offered as well. I just wished him all the best and that's it. Polo GT is looking increasingly more desirable, but the VW supply chain and dealer attitude is another long story.

It's pathetic that even though we have several options right now to choose from, the dealers are spoiling everything for the customer. A new car purchase is supposed to be a happy occasion, not a migraine inducing slugfest.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 17:17   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok I talked to the executive and she said that people in showroom are equally surprised. I think its a genuine vehicle because I'm offered to wait for next lot if i wished. No mandatory purchase of accessories if i chose to buy. I think this case is a fair one. But am still confused as to what to do.
Go with your heart man. Its not a matter of life and death. I am sure you were going through this thread for last 1-2 yrs. Will life change in 1-2 months ?
Old 5th July 2013, 17:25   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you sell the car (or the allotment, if that is possible) for a premium and make a new booking. Based on the trend of deliveries on this thread, it looks like the waiting period claims were exaggerated and its should come down soon.
Old 5th July 2013, 17:29   #2248
BHPian

I just saw a Black Ecosport on road (seems just taken the delivery with garlands), Man black suits the ecosport the best. Gives an illusion of big vehicle. This car has a good road presence. Mine is just 1.5 yrs old, so no way of thinking on this :(.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 17:39   #2249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm no expert but consider these simple steps:

a. buying a car for most of us is going to be a 3-7+ yrs decision. So if finances are not in place and you feel rushing into it will risk other dependencies and matters, simply don't. Car will always come, even if later.
b. If finances are no problem, check the car thoroughly. Then decide.
c. It could be that you genuinely got lucky. Relax and don't worry, just arrange the finance if you are able to rush it without any other impacts and enjoy the chance you've got.

Good luck!

Mods: Apologies I only saw now that my previous post still has Edit option open and I've already created this one. Could you kindly mege this post with post #2252?

Quote:

1. They say I will void related parts warranty if I fit an after market accessory
2. I really liked the EcoSport concept, and the alloys were a part of it. It really goes with the design
Not to mean anything else, but just that the concept EcoSport had different alloys.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-01fordecosportiablive628.jpg

Personally, I would have loved to see this on the Indian EcoSport. Killer piece, euro version cars get this alloy.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2014fordecosporteuversionfront.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2013 at 16:05. Reason: As requested
Old 5th July 2013, 17:41   #2250
BHPian

Quote:

I don't think any warranty would get void if you install aftermarket alloys of similar size as the OE alloys. This is the dealer's BS to make you buy the alloys from them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks