Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 15:23   #736
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
Wasan Chembur. Incidentally i was chatting with Ford customer care (live chat on ford india website). The exec categorically denied commencement of official bookings and advised against any such advance payment..
Where is the option for livechat? I couldnt find it on the website. Can you please post a link.
Old 14th June 2013, 15:48   #737
BHPian

Booked a Titanium(O) TDCi Ecosport at Metro Ford. Now starts the job of shortlisting tyre upgrade options to replace the stock MRF / Goodyears. Starting a new thread in Wheels & Alloys section
Old 14th June 2013, 15:49   #738
BHPian

There was a time when I visited this thread multiple times a day, now I visit this page once in multple days! :( Still there is no update!
Old 14th June 2013, 16:05   #739
M35
BHPian

Speculations cloud Ford EcoSport launch
What ?
Old 14th June 2013, 16:29   #740
Senior - BHPian

Ford India tweets: EcoSport Bookings Open

Link to News Section

The hotly awaited Ford EcoSport crossover is slated to be launched later this month. While the interest in the crossover is high among car buyers across India, Ford is yet to announce a launch date, somewhat dampening spirits. Now though, some cogs seem to be turning with Ford dealers officially taking bookings for the EcoSport crossover. This announcement has been publicly made by Ford India's official Twitter account.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford.jpg

Apart from this tweet, Ford is yet to issue an official press release announcing the opening of bookings for the EcoSport. The exact details of the booking amount and cancellation policy is not known at this point in time. In India, the EcoSport will feature three engine options: a 1 liter EcoBoost turbo petrol engine, a 1.5 liter Ti-VCT naturally aspirated petrol motor and a 1.5 Liter TDCI turbo diesel engine. While a 5 speed manual gearbox is standard across all three engines, the 1.5 Liter petrol motor gets the 6 speed PowerShift dual clutch automatic gearbox as an option.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2013fordecosportcompactcrossoverinoxfordwhite.jpg

The EcoSport measures a touch under 4 meters in length. This length of the EcoSport allows select variants (depending on engine displacement) of the crossover to be classified as a small car under the Indian government's excise norms. So, most variants of the EcoSport are expected to priced quite competitively, considering the excise benefits Ford India stands to gain. Ford has outfitted the EcoSport with an ample amount of kit, with even the base Ambiente variant of the crossover getting the following features as standard,
  • Factory Fitted Audio with Bluetooth and USB support
  • Tilt-telescopic steering wheel
  • Electrically Adjustable Wing Mirrors
  • Front Power Windows
  • Air Conditioning

The higher variants add a slew of features and safety equipment including ABS+EBD, Airbags, Steering Mounted Audio Controls, Automatic Climate Control, Push Button Start, Keyless Entry, Reverse Parking Sensors and Leather Seats.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 14th June 2013 at 16:35. Reason: News Link Added
Old 14th June 2013, 16:58   #741
BHPian

This reminds me of the aptitiude tests where you choose one correct option from multiple choices. If you think too long for the correct answer, mostly it turned out to be the wrong one.
Hope Ford doesnot go overboard on the hype generated and come out with ridiculous prices after so much delay.
bigwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 17:24   #742
BHPian

I got a call from Metro Ford bangalore yesterday saying that they are taking the bookings. We can book ecosport by paying 50K. They informed me that the launch is anticipated to be 17th June if not 20th June is 100% the launch date.

Will be going to Metro ford tomorrow to book the ecosport.
Old 14th June 2013, 17:42   #743
BANNED

I am really pissed at the local Ford Dealer.

-Claim 1 lakh to be the official Booking amount
-Includes 37K for accessories that are not optional(and would come factory fitted) and the rest for the Extended Warranty
-Claims the Launch/reveal of price date to be between the 18-25 June, can be booked then as well(of course, duh!)

When are accessories mandatory like this? This seems like some funy business to me and my Dad. Needless to say, waiting till the official price list and everything is out to book our EcoSport.
Old 14th June 2013, 17:58   #744
BHPian

Booked Ecosport today. They have a wide variety of accessories as well. You need to mention what accessories at the time of booking itself.
A couple of interesting accessories to look
1. Reverse parking camera, integrated with IRVM
2. Rear armrest
3. rear spoiler
Old 14th June 2013, 18:12   #745
BHPian

All this hype and hoopla around EcoSport has given all these dealers a free hand.. they are fleecing people by demanding all sort of money in the name of booking amount.. there is no consistency in terms of booking amount(some are asking 50K , some are asking 1L) and same goes for cancellation charges.. how can these be "official" bookings when there is no official word out on launch dates, prices, variants..

Suddenly from a very well planned Urban discoveries campaign.. Ford has stooped down to such shoddy work which reeks of mismanagement and uncertainty.. taking advantage of unsuspecting loyal customers
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 18:44   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
I think you can ignore this. Normally from this source, the information will not be that trustworthy.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:47   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
All this hype and hoopla around EcoSport has given all these dealers a free hand.. they are fleecing people by demanding all sort of money in the name of booking amount.. there is no consistency in terms of booking amount(some are asking 50K , some are asking 1L) and same goes for cancellation charges.. how can these be "official" bookings when there is no official word out on launch dates, prices, variants..

Suddenly from a very well planned Urban discoveries campaign.. Ford has stooped down to such shoddy work which reeks of mismanagement and uncertainty.. taking advantage of unsuspecting loyal customers
I second your opinion.

What I feel is, Ford was forced to tweet that post as it got info from so many sources that the dealers have started to take bookings and calling them official! But this is a complete failure on part of Ford. The term 'official' has lost its meaning! Without announcing the prices/ accessories/ AMC and other things, how can you term it as official booking.

Even in the same city, different dealers are quoting different booking charges! There is no statement from Ford regarding the cancellation policy and commitment!

I would have loved to hear a clear statement from Ford about not entertaining such bookings rather than tweeting some stupid post.

There is nothing official about it!
Old 14th June 2013, 18:49   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Booked Ecosport today. They have a wide variety of accessories as well. You need to mention what accessories at the time of booking itself.
A couple of interesting accessories to look
1. Reverse parking camera, integrated with IRVM
2. Rear armrest
3. rear spoiler
Forgot to mention one important point here. The Engine cover is coming as an accessory
Old 14th June 2013, 18:53   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
-Includes 37K for accessories that are not optional(and would come factory fitted) and the rest for the Extended Warranty

When are accessories mandatory like this? This seems like some funy business to me and my Dad. Needless to say, waiting till the official price list and everything is out to book our EcoSport.
Nope - There is nothing as Factory fit "Accessories". If it is fit at factory, it becomes a specification / feature. Accessory is a feature / tool added post purchase to suit custom needs. You can buy the Accessory anytime at a later date as OEM or aftermarket. Example, if the top end model comes standard with a spolier, it becomes factory fit and becomes a feature in iteself. The gate price already includes all "accessories" fit at the If a spoiler is added to the basic model, then it is an accessory.

I think the dealer is trying you to "force" you to buy accessries worth 37K from them. This is what Toyota dealers try to do. The compel you to buy certain standard slow moving accessories. They build this price into the "on-road" cost.
Old 14th June 2013, 19:18   #750
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Nope - There is nothing as Factory fit "Accessories". If it is fit at factory, it becomes a specification / feature. Accessory is a feature / tool added post purchase to suit custom needs. You can buy the Accessory anytime at a later date as OEM or aftermarket. Example, if the top end model comes standard with a spolier, it becomes factory fit and becomes a feature in iteself. The gate price already includes all "accessories" fit at the If a spoiler is added to the basic model, then it is an accessory.

I think the dealer is trying you to "force" you to buy accessries worth 37K from them. This is what Toyota dealers try to do. The compel you to buy certain standard slow moving accessories. They build this price into the "on-road" cost.
Yes, exactly what me and my family thinks. According to the description by dealer, I don't think that these things seem accessories anymore.
The dealer called most of these as protection bits. I suppose these would be those black plastic bits that look pretty bad (although functional). Anyway, I will wait it out a bit till there is a bit more clarity regarding "the official bookings"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks