Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 11:50   #616
Senior - BHPian

My take on pricing is, that the ecosport base petrol will start at the same price as top end Figo diesel

13-14 lakh is seriously not gonna happen, for sure.
Old 10th June 2013, 11:51   #617
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
If the Top End crosses 14lacs, I'll go and buy the Storme that very same day. Urban SUV or whatever, the Storme standing beside an EcoSport will show what I'm talking about. Don't like/afraid of TATA? Then the XUV5OO is waiting available almost off the shelf.
If you wanted a C segment car, would you instead buy a D segment one just because it costs only as much as a C segment car? There are certain kind of people who does not equate "bigger" to "better". Not everybody fancies driving the biggest box with four wheels. Else, everybody with a 6-10L budget would have been buying only Manzas.

ps: I booked the Ecosport. Am "downgrading" from a Civic.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 11:54   #618
Senior - BHPian

If the Eco Sport pricing is anything over 10L ex-showroom, it will be a sales dud after the initial euphoria dies in a few months, not withstanding how good it might look just like what happened to the Fiesta.

Ford better price it between 7 to 9 lacs for it to really cash the opportunity. It needs to be at least 2L below the Duster to really cash in because all said and done it is a size smaller than it, and in India size 'eventually' matters proportionate the 'price'.

Last edited by dkaile : 10th June 2013 at 11:57.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:09   #619
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

Don't jump on me when i say but that is precisely why Duster manages to sell 5k in spite of being a so-so offering is my opinion. We form opinions so quickly so unilaterally. While i agree to the fact that 14lacs OTR is way too much for a small SUV no matter how loaded with features, i'm sure you will not plonk that kind of money on Tata or Mahindra just cause Ford is charging you a premium. The question is if you wanted one of these, why bother about the Ecosport pricing at all?

Not to you but generally speaking.
We really buy cars much like clothes, buy what "we think" looks good on us without really giving much thought to any one elses opinion or reason. We go for shopping with some idea of what we want but come back with something not even remotely close (in looks or price). Why? Cause it makes us happy!

Similarly, I feel we buy cars on impulse! I don't want to spend 10lacs on a car so safe, so good to drive but so ugly and be stuck with it for the next 5yrs. Or a car so good looking, so affordable, so fuel efficient but cramped. We research a million web pages but go buy what we "feel" we want rather than what we "think" we need. We start with a budget of x lacs and end up spending x+ cause we want what we like. It is also why people are buying Polo 1.2TSI when the entire trend seems so against petrol cars!

Personally, my booking for Ecosport is driven by the above. I'm sure i want a car that is modern, looks good, suv'ish, fuel efficient and loaded with features. Space is something i can live without cause we are a tiny family! So what if its 12lacs OTR? Its a one time cost i pay. Its not something i will think of each time i see the car. Rather its the great looks and everything else its got going for that i will look at and smile each day for the next 5yrs!

So is 12lacs vs. 11lacs a deal breaker? Nopes! Not for me at least. Its a stretch but i'll probably still be way happier than having bought a Duster! So i went ahead and booked the Ecosport Titanium Sea Grey in diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post

If you wanted a C segment car, would you instead buy a D segment one just because it costs only as much as a C segment car? There are certain kind of people who does not equate "bigger" to "better". Not everybody fancies driving the biggest box with four wheels. Else, everybody with a 6-10L budget would have been buying only Manzas.

Are these bookings official?
How can you select a variant when it isn't even officially priced?
Has the dealer given you a receipt which states Eco Sport & your selected variant.

EDIT:The Urban Discoveries campaign is over.Expect launch any day now along with the winners announcement

Last edited by agambhandari : 10th June 2013 at 12:16.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:16   #620
BHPian

Isn't the pricing supposed to be announced today?

I don't see any updates in this thread or on the Ford website!
Old 10th June 2013, 12:18   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Isn't the pricing supposed to be announced today?

I don't see any updates in this thread or on the Ford website!
Na, it's tomorrow. On 11th.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 12:26   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Has the dealer given you a receipt which states Eco Sport & your selected variant.

EDIT:The Urban Discoveries campaign is over.Expect launch any day now along with the winners announcement
Yes, i believe so. I paid a lac and am getting a receipt today. I mentioned it in my post from Saturday, i signed the Form-20 as well. As for the variant, they have a brochure listing the features (though he didn't hand me one for obvious reasons) so i went ahead and put my money on Titanium. Might make him scribble the (O) if the pricing is reasonable.

I also managed to get a good enough time inside the car that was returned by the Pune urban discovery team though no test drive. Test drives should begin this week though they were clear that initially, only the ecoboost will be available for TD.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:30   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Just a receipt, no variant mentioned. I guess it will be converted to official booking once the launch happens.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:34   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Similarly, I feel we buy cars on impulse! I don't want to spend 10lacs on a car so safe, so good to drive but so ugly and be stuck with it for the next 5yrs. Or a car so good looking, so affordable, so fuel efficient but cramped. We research a million web pages but go buy what we "feel" we want rather than what we "think" we need. We start with a budget of x lacs and end up spending x+ cause we want what we like. It is also why people are buying Polo 1.2TSI when the entire trend seems so against petrol cars!

Personally, my booking for Ecosport is driven by the above. I'm sure i want a car that is modern, looks good, suv'ish, fuel efficient and loaded with features. Space is something i can live without cause we are a tiny family! So what if its 12lacs OTR? Its a one time cost i pay. Its not something i will think of each time i see the car. Rather its the great looks and everything else its got going for that i will look at and smile each day for the next 5yrs!

So is 12lacs vs. 11lacs a deal breaker? Nopes! Not for me at least. Its a stretch but i'll probably still be way happier than having bought a Duster! So i went ahead and booked the Ecosport Titanium Sea Grey in diesel.
Agree to the point of buying on impulse but I guess in a market like ours, the impulse would still have to be 'rationalized'. Example in my case, I started with a budget of 6lacs OTR in Bangalore, had chosen Beat primarily but then changed to Figo (set me back by 1.5lacs more) but it was still a rational decision. Now as far as the best 'looking' car in the segment goes for me was a tie between the Punto & the Polo but they were way to expensive to maintain and buy, so I ended up buying the Figo which ticked a lot of boxes rather than not. And I am glad for using my head.

I believe what we perceive as the value of the car is more important than what it actually is. So in this case if most Indians feel Ecosport is more valuable even if its 12-13 Lacs OTR then they would buy. Now add the point when India is such a price conscious market.
I believe if Ecosport is priced anywhere remotely close to the Duster, if would fail (or people might buy the Petrol at max). Most people would simply pay the 1lac or 2lac extra (would not look big if someone is financing the car - Marginal increase in EMI's) and buy the Duster. I simply don't think Ford would be blind enough to do that.
What is going for the car is the positive mindset it has. I am sure the Ford guys wont kill it.

My gut feel says, its priced closer to the Amaze, possibly 50k more. 10 lacs is the outer limit I feel for this car. Not gonna pay a single dime over it.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 12:52   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Agree to the point of buying on impulse but I guess in a market like ours, the impulse would still have to be 'rationalized'. Example in my case, I started with a budget of 6lacs OTR in Bangalore, had chosen Beat primarily but then changed to Figo (set me back by 1.5lacs more) but it was still a rational decision. Now as far as the best 'looking' car in the segment goes for me was a tie between the Punto & the Polo but they were way to expensive to maintain and buy, so I ended up buying the Figo which ticked a lot of boxes rather than not. And I am glad for using my head.
Absolutely agree. By impulse i didn't mean getting crazy. Just nudging ourselves for spending that bit extra to get the next best than what we think we should.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:03   #626
BHPian

I remember reading this somewhere: "All purchase decisions are emotional and made from the heart, and then we use our head and justify/rationalize the decision with all kind of logical explainations ". This holds good mainly for men.
vasanthn21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 13:28   #627
BHPian

Quote:
If you wanted a C segment car...Am "downgrading" from a Civic.
Spot On man!. Loved your reply :-).

EcoSport will get its own space, and will be positioned irrespective of price.
Old 10th June 2013, 13:58   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If the interiors were of the quality like the Skoda Fabia had, then I would've agreed, but I think you should see the OnCars.in review of the EcoSport. The interiors aren't as good so as to command that price IMO.
Old 10th June 2013, 14:09   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
If the interiors were of the quality like the Skoda Fabia had, then I would've agreed, but I think you should see the OnCars.in review of the EcoSport. The interiors aren't as good so as to command that price IMO.
I've never been inside a Fabia but I've spent some time inside the ecosport/fiesta cabin. So can't really compare and probably don't need/want to. On their own, the plastics are good enough and seem long lasting for a 10lac car. I don't understand what is really the expectation from the plastics? I've a 5yr old Getz and it has similar plastics, hard or what ever folks say. But they have lasted like new with regular waxing (or what ever care they take as a part of interior clearning i opt for) over the service intervals. The ecosport plastics seem just as good if not better.

All these tiny weeny bits get shoved out of your memory once you reach the showroom and see this car or any car in flesh. No matter what oncars or our own reviews on t-bhp say. The real deal breakers have already been spoken about at great lengths.

On a side note : got a call from the sales rep, the launch is around 15th and not 11th. so the wait continues unless Ford comes out and announces the dates and ends our misery.
Old 10th June 2013, 14:33   #630
Senior - BHPian

Kochi Komets discover a unique port in their Ford EcoSport

Cheers!

Vinu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks