Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 20:42   #721
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Does anyone know if tinted glass is offered as an option in the ecosport? The rear glass in one of the photos from the review looks tinted. But not sure.
Old 13th June 2013, 21:02   #722
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I had enquired about this EcoSport a couple of weeks ago. Got a call from Metro Ford stating bookings were open now.

I thanked the girl and said that I would only book once I had seen the product and experienced it for myself.
Old 14th June 2013, 08:50   #723
BHPian

After a long wait, i got a call from Noida ford that 'pre launch' bookings have begun. Went and booked a titanium diesel in mars red. The sales exec expects the launch to happen with the coming week and expects me to get delivery within the first lot, even though approximately 30 people booked before me.

Hoping to get the car soon!
Old 14th June 2013, 09:58   #724
BHPian

Whilst i gave my cheque for 50000/- to Wasan, Mumbai i told them i would not be able to confirm the variant/ colour without TD'ing and knowing the OTR. They agreed and has also assured that they wont charge any penalty for cancellation.
So its just a pre-book to ensure that your are in the first lot "if" decide to go ahead..not a bad deal i would say..
Old 14th June 2013, 10:54   #725
BHPian

Even though I have moved away from ecosport and waiting for my GT TSI delivery, my personal take would be to do the final booking after a test drive or better to wait for a few months for the initial hype to die down and then take a call. Having seen the vehicle in flesh a few weeks back in MPL Ford, I was let down by the quality of the interiors and the finish as well . IMHO the fit and finish still needs to be better for a vehicle in this price range.
Yesterday went in a Figo which was hardly 4 months old and there was so much of screeches and noise around the c-pillar. Hope they don't have similar problems in ecosport.
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 11:00   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Even though I have moved away from ecosport and waiting for my GT TSI delivery, my personal take would be to do the final booking after a test drive or better to wait for a few months for the initial hype to die down and then take a call. Having seen the vehicle in flesh a few weeks back in MPL Ford, I was let down by the quality of the interiors and the finish as well . IMHO the fit and finish still needs to be better for a vehicle in this price range.
Yesterday went in a Figo which was hardly 4 months old and there was so much of screeches and noise around the c-pillar. Hope they don't have similar problems in ecosport.
If you had waited for a few months for the initial hype to die down, i am sure your GT TSI would not be on it way of delivery.. As some one mentioned earlier, its all about where your heart is ...
Old 14th June 2013, 11:34   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from the local Ford dealer, Cochin. Vehicle ready for display (urban discovery vehicle). No TD now. Price and TD will be ready next week. 220 Ecosports will be available here for the first 3 months.So if I book now, I shall get one within this slot.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 14th June 2013 at 11:42.
Old 14th June 2013, 11:34   #728
Senior - BHPian

Today got an SMS from MPL Ford saying bookings are open for EcoSport @ 50K booking amount.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:18   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post

If you had waited for a few months for the initial hype to die down, i am sure your GT TSI would not be on it way of delivery.. As some one mentioned earlier, its all about where your heart is ...
Well there is difference . Polo is already an established hatch and the only difference is the DSG and the TSI engine and I booked it after I took a proper test drive. But as far as the ecosport , it is a completely new vehicle and I suspect Ford might be planning for an upgrade mid next year to address any niggles and customer feedback. As a matter of fact , i was waiting for ecosport for an year, pre-booked it last month (via e-transfer) and cancelled it the moment i had a look at the vehicle. I had taken a TD of GT during the same time and was in a fix for a couple of weeks. My heart was saying GT 100% but my mind said to wait till I had a look at ecosport.
The visit to the showroom changed all of that, pre-booking was cancelled and I booked GT the very same day.
I finally went with what my heart said, so you are right on that.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:44   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
220 Ecosports will be available here for the first 3 months.
By releasing such numbers, I feel ford is trying to balance out Indian demand vs. export of Ecosport. At the end of the day, exports would have higher margins.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:50   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
By releasing such numbers, I feel ford is trying to balance out Indian demand vs. export of Ecosport. At the end of the day, exports would have higher margins.
This will cover all variants. They had also mentioned the available colors during this period. Anyways, am visiting the showroom in the evening to collect all the details.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:58   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They agreed and has also assured that they wont charge any penalty for cancellation.
Have they given this agreement in Writing or was it just Verbal? There are threads on TBHP where dealer charges cancellation fees, processing / handling charges and make it a pain point to reimburse the money.

Ford expects overwhelming demand, even if priced on par with Duster, so dealer issues is the last thing that Ford would look into.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 13:57   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Whilst i gave my cheque for 50000/- to Wasan, Mumbai i told them i would not be able to confirm the variant/ colour without TD'ing and knowing the OTR. They agreed and has also assured that they wont charge any penalty for cancellation.
So its just a pre-book to ensure that your are in the first lot "if" decide to go ahead..not a bad deal i would say..
Which Wasan did you hand over the cheque? I also checked with Wasan Marine Lines. The sales rep told me that the official bookings have still not started though they are taking Rs 50000 cheque which they will encash only if we tell them so after the start of official bookings. On asking how will the priority be decided as they are not giving any token number unlike S C Ford (where token number till last evening was 189), he didn't have any satisfactory answer. I'm saving my Rs 50000 till the official bookings start. Will be a pain to get it back if there is unusual delay.
Old 14th June 2013, 14:36   #734
BHPian

There were reports that EcoSport will be launched on June-11 or so. But there is no official words as of now. Can some one explain the reason behind the delayed launch? I think Ford has set very aggressive pricing targets and they are unable to source brought out items with required quality/cost.

If Ford India crawls like this, I think Nissan Terrano will be first to come. By this time many prospective customers might have moved away from Ford EcoSport.
Old 14th June 2013, 14:37   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Which Wasan did you hand over the cheque? I also checked with Wasan Marine Lines. The sales rep told me that the official bookings have still not started though they are taking Rs 50000 cheque which they will encash only if we tell them so after the start of official bookings. On asking how will the priority be decided as they are not giving any token number unlike S C Ford (where token number till last evening was 189), he didn't have any satisfactory answer. I'm saving my Rs 50000 till the official bookings start. Will be a pain to get it back if there is unusual delay.
Wasan Chembur. Incidentally i was chatting with Ford customer care (live chat on ford india website). The exec categorically denied commencement of official bookings and advised against any such advance payment..
Moto-Mariner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks