Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 09:36   #856
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Its really a nice car (Great review!!) But somehow the spare wheel on the boot door looks a bit out of place for its dimensions. It looks like one of those hatchbacks with mod-jobs that we regularly see on the weird & wacky mod-jobs thread on TBHP. Just my opinion of course, many would contradict. NOM.

Also, out of curiosity - how much money does it take to do a tiny bit of re-engineering to position the wiper & illumination/indicator stalks as per the RHD pattern? Must be at least a few thousand trillions given that these guys aren't keen to do it?
Isn't the RTO once in a while supposed to have a regulation for the greater good before approving a design to be roadworthy for our conditions? If GM can do this change for the Enjoy (and I think SAIL as well?) why can't Ford? I feel its a bit disappointing on the part of the local R&D & compliance department of the manufacturer in question.

Love the urban-SUV totally except for these points. Definitely an exceptional package & solid threat to the Duster.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th June 2013 at 09:38. Reason: typo correction.
Old 18th June 2013, 09:55   #857
BHPian

@ Starscream you are right. With Mulally in India, we should be seeing the launch in the next couple of days. He has already had one press conference and i think we should see the launch happen by 20th June

However, the 9 month wait period or even the 3 month wait period seems to be a problem for Ford. We have waited for over a year now and with another 3 to 6 month wait period, the Dusters and even the Terrano will be keeping the cash registers open.

I only hope they price it competitively so that the Dusters and Terranos will start offering discounts. I am not too sure on what market Ford is looking at, but for the average Indian who has money and who is planning to upgrade from a hatchback to a SUV, Ford Ecosport might be a let down. Let us face it, we love spaces. Only the auto aficionados will look at the engine, drive comfort and the safety factors. If Dzire is outstripping the market or the Wagon R is rocking it is because these vehicles are value for money, offer what the common man wants and are willing to price it differently

For the tech savy and the quality conscious folks, the Ecosport would provide what they are looking for, but would in enrapture them - I dont think so. I wonder if Ford could have provided a slightly better dimensioned vehicle.
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 10:36   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfSith View Post
How does grey look ?
Love this grey on the Figo. I think it's the best version of grey in business, and was in fact going to book this one. However, on the ecosport, somehow it seems to have a visual illusion of making the car appear smaller. The brighter ones, like Mars Red, White & Yellow, seem to make the car appear bigger.
Individual perceptions I guess..

Last edited by Gizmokid : 18th June 2013 at 10:37.
Gizmokid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 10:47   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
Love this grey on the Figo. I think it's the best version of grey in business, and was in fact going to book this one. However, on the ecosport, somehow it seems to have a visual illusion of making the car appear smaller. The brighter ones, like Mars Red, White & Yellow, seem to make the car appear bigger.
Individual perceptions I guess..
Agreed. The dark colors do make the urban SUV as a hatch on heels. IMO, white looks awesome and beautiful among all the colors. Mars Red: am sick of seeing this color and do not like it
MotoNanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 11:15   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

Local Dealer Update:

Ecosport Ecoboost test drive started. Diesel variant up for display.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 11:34   #861
BHPian

Ecosport will be displayed in the Ford Showrooms from today. Understood from MPL ford chennai that, waiting period is about 3 months for the vehicle. booking has been started. 50 k for the booking. still no price clarity.
Old 18th June 2013, 11:51   #862
BHPian

Now that the car is almost here, a quick question to BHPians who have booked the car; The review says that the MRF's are very poor, and GoodYear's were only slightly better.
If we end up getting the MRF's, how much would be the depreciation if they are exchanged As Is? Any suggestions on the most VFM store in Bangalore? Would there be an advantage if many of us go collectively?
Old 18th June 2013, 12:11   #863
BHPian

@Gizmokid - Checked with Millivision and got a buy back quote of Rs.4000 per MRF / Good year tyre. A few folks negotiating together should get us better deal for both the replacement tyre as well as the old tyre buyback.
dish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 12:31   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmokid View Post
Now that the car is almost here, a quick question to BHPians who have booked the car; The review says that the MRF's are very poor, and GoodYear's were only slightly better.
If we end up getting the MRF's, how much would be the depreciation if they are exchanged As Is? Any suggestions on the most VFM store in Bangalore? Would there be an advantage if many of us go collectively?

You may not get any adavantage on this new launch. Ford Plays very safely. If this car sells well., we can expect considerable discounts on the other models in the coming months.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:39   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
@Gizmokid - Checked with Millivision and got a buy back quote of Rs.4000 per MRF / Good year tyre. A few folks negotiating together should get us better deal for both the replacement tyre as well as the old tyre buyback.
Hope that trend flows in Delhi also!

So how much you think thick 17" would come for? And what brands are suggested?

Thicker tires would definitely add to stability and ruggedness of Ecosport!
Old 18th June 2013, 12:43   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
The MRF's MRP is INR 6400. So ~12K loss on the replacements?

I was thinking of the Yoko's DNA db ES501 at ~9000 each.

I really hope Ford get its pricing right
Attached Images

Last edited by Gizmokid : 18th June 2013 at 12:49.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:43   #867
BHPian

Guys there is already a thread on the tyres for Ecosport.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...l-upgrade.html

I guess we should take the tyre discussion there.
zteg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 15:21   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
I was asked 1 Lac as a booking amount by Talera Ford.
The Sales guy added 3 months waiting period to it. Are they driving people away from booking the ecosport?
No way I am handing over my money before I get to drive the car and knowing the price.
Agree. A general suggestion to all the folks putting the advance down: Dont do it! If in case you need to cancel, the dealer will give you a hard time - knowingly or not. Book it only if you intend to buy at all costs. What's the hurry?

Last edited by bsdbsd : 18th June 2013 at 15:22. Reason: Corrected a typo.
Old 18th June 2013, 15:34   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
I was asked 1 Lac as a booking amount by Talera Ford.
The Sales guy added 3 months waiting period to it. Are they driving people away from booking the ecosport?
No way I am handing over my money before I get to drive the car and knowing the price.
You can "officially" book the car at 50k. If you are going to handover 1lac, make sure you get the car in the first lot. What the hell is that 50k additional amount then worth? Talera is just probably cashing in on the demand it sees based on the bookings. I paid a lac to get ahead of the queue cause i've driven the fiesta 1.5 diesel and seen the Ecosport enough to know it suits my requirement.

BTW : Does anyone have any pics of the car in "Chill" color? I googled but couldn't really find any and i'm quite keen to know how different it is from Silver. Is it the DZire beige/gold kind of shade?

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 18th June 2013 at 15:48.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:22   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
BTW : Does anyone have any pics of the car in "Chill" color? I googled but couldn't really find any and i'm quite keen to know how different it is from Silver. Is it the DZire beige/gold kind of shade?
Check this picture of chill metallic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3134014
zteg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks