Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 11:31   #916
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The 2L difference between 1.5P and D is too much. My gut feeling is that 1.5 petrol will be more fun to drive than diesel. Petrol makes sense for folks who do not use the vehicle a lot.
Agree. and the price tag of 9.5 for Titanium Diesel is not at all VFM. OTR Bangalore will cost around 11.5L. So much for 200mm clearance?? No way!
Old 19th June 2013, 11:50   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Ford's pricing is interesting

..... a lot of "lesser informed" buyers may not notice the the actual difference in the equivalent P and D versions is 2Lakhs!
Well said. You cannot imagine craze for diesel cars in my state. They will rather sell their body organs to buy a diesel car. I see these rural guys walking in with money in plastic bags and heading straight for diesel version. They won't buy petrol car even at half the price of a diesel car. Ironically, these guys can afford to buy petrol even at 500 rupees a litre.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:00   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

I stopped by Metro Ford (St. Mark's Road) this morning, and received the usual spiel:
  • 200 vehicles in the first lot
  • 150 pre-booked and 50 available
  • Enquired about the EcoBoost variant, but that's fully booked up (the sales guy stated only 14-15 EcoBoosts were there in the lot of 200).
  • What was available was a diesel Titanium and a 1.5 Petrol Trend in the colours I was looking for (Kinetic Blue & Sea Gray).

I left without pre-booking any variant, since I have the feeling that they're trying to inflate the demand or give a perception of high demand and am particular about the EcoBoost.

If this is indeed the case, shame on Ford - after pimping out the EcoBoost variant so much (reviews and the Discoveries programme) providing only 7-8% EcoBoost-powered vehicles shows their lack of confidence in their marketing abilities.

Suddenly, my interest in the T-Jet has shot up. And don't accuse me of cross shopping I'm shopping for turbocharged petrols.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:04   #919
BHPian

Ford has updated thier website with all details including accessories, colors, specifications etc. I think the launch is around the corner. please find the link below

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport

I have booked the Automatic version but if it crosses 10.5, i might move to the base version. lets see
Old 19th June 2013, 12:05   #920
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review. Rated 5 stars.

Why is there no 1.0 (Ecoboost) with Automatic transmission?
That would be the best of both world for me - high mileage, decent power for a highway trip and easy of driving in city.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:18   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Brilliant review. Rated 5 stars.

Why is there no 1.0 (Ecoboost) with Automatic transmission?
That would be the best of both world for me - high mileage, decent power for a highway trip and easy of driving in city.
I think the DCT will not be able to handle the extra torque and maybe Ford thought an automatic ecoboost might turn out to be too expensive for a 4M car.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:26   #922
AWD
BHPian

Back from local Ford dealership & totally disappointed. Booking cancellation charges fixed at Re.3000/- & Consumers have to buy Accessories worth 30,000/- with the vehicle. I had taken the Booking amount cheque along, only to bring back, tear off & discard.

To down with Ford & Eco-Sport, not worth the wait, Im not buying the vehicle if this the attitude the Company decides to adopt prior to launch. Post launch, God save the consumers!
AWD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 12:35   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Back from local Ford dealership & totally disappointed. Booking cancellation charges fixed at Re.3000/- & Consumers have to buy Accessories worth 30,000/- with the vehicle. I had taken the Booking amount cheque along, only to bring back, tear off & discard.

To down with Ford & Eco-Sport, not worth the wait, Im not buying the vehicle if this the attitude the Company decides to adopt prior to launch. Post launch, God save the consumers!
What accessories? Which dealer is this? Which city?

I guess it is just a case of dealers getting greedy. Ford wouldn't want to tarnish themselves with such cheap tactics.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:37   #924
BHPian

The more i look at the updated website (http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport) , more i am convinced that the Titanium AT version is going to cross the 11 lakhs OTR. I rather buy the 1.5 liter Trend Petrol silver (must be around 9 lakhs OTR) & add rear parking sensors / Bling alloys (available as accessory with ford). I am only sad that i might not get airbags but nonetheless this is going to be a city car only (Innova/Superb for the highways) and so I might just do that.

I must add that even the base version is loaded with features & a bow to ford for the same
Old 19th June 2013, 12:38   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Many dealers dont give any accessories. For Swift, I didnt get any. I had to pay for mud flaps and carpets. Vento, they gave mats and flaps for free. So I guess Ford might or will do since they know it has already created a sensation. But they cant definitely compel anyone to buy them. It's customers call at the end of the day.
Old 19th June 2013, 12:49   #926
BHPian

Has the delivery already started?

Spotted a Mars Red color Ecosport in front of Golf Course today morning while driving to work. TN 15 K registration!
Old 19th June 2013, 12:56   #927
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
What accessories? Which dealer is this? Which city?
I guess it is just a case of dealers getting greedy. Ford wouldn't want to tarnish themselves with such cheap tactics.
The dealer had a list of Accessories, he placed the paper in front of me, I did not even bother to see/read because I do not approve of the mandatory accessories in the first place. The dealer is Bhagat-Ford, Punjab.

He maintained that the instructions are from Ford & applicable pan-India. Not just this he said Extended-Warranty & Insurance shall also be mandatory from the dealership itself with the vehicle. I happily kissed the vehicle, dealership & Ford goodbye!
Old 19th June 2013, 13:08   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He maintained that the instructions are from Ford & applicable pan-India. Not just this he said Extended-Warranty & Insurance shall also be mandatory from the dealership itself with the vehicle. I happily kissed the vehicle, dealership & Ford goodbye!
If this is true, Ford is going in the wrong direction. Once the initial hype goes down, the sales will go down - especially if the pricing is not great.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:10   #929
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer had a list of Accessories, he placed the paper in front of me, I did not even bother to see/read because I do not approve of the mandatory accessories in the first place. The dealer is Bhagat-Ford, Punjab.
I happily kissed the vehicle, dealership & Ford goodbye!
I know Ford pretty well and no way will they stoop to this level. Am sure the dealer is trying to make a quick buck here.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:24   #930
BHPian

The titanium 16'' 205/60 Tyre has a circumference difference higher by 2.82%(56.23 MM) over 15'' 195/65 found in the lower variants. Then how come the ground clearance is the same for all variants at 200MM. Could there be any additional work done on the suspension to make the ground clearance uniform across variants?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks