Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 13:30   #931
mxx
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

How can there be a 2 lakhs difference for diesel variants? unlike 1.5 petrol, the the diesel falls into the lowest excise/tax bracket (<4meter, <1500cc for diesel).
Either the price list is not correct, or ford is trying to royally fleece their customers.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:34   #932
BHPian

Called Ford dealer at Goa and Kolhapur. Booking amount is 50k. Cancellation charges 0/- at Goa and 10,000/- at Kolhapur. No vehicles available for Test Drive / Display and no idea about pricing. Goa dealer seemed more professional in providing whatever information he has.

I wonder if this strategy will work for Ford. I seriously feel Ford is going in a wrong direction.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:38   #933
BHPian

This is the first time I am getting 10+ sms for the launch/td/display of a single car. They are just building hype! Sigh!

Received 5 sms from one dealer and 3 from another. The first dealer is from whom I bought my vehicle(Figo) and another I have no relation. Other messages were from Ford.

First dealer is offering TD, while other is asking to come and feel it. If a old customer who haven't expressed any interest is getting these much spam, how many messages will there be for a person who expressed interest!
Old 19th June 2013, 13:40   #934
BHPian

We all pray that the prices of any variant of ecosport doesnt cross max 10 lakhs on road,it will be a real steal and a huge runaway success for the Ford company and a huge benefit for us customers who have waited for this product to launch patiently.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:44   #935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
If a old customer who haven't expressed any interest is getting these much spam, how many messages will there be for a person who expressed interest!
I expressed interest and am getting calls. Checked out the vehicle and collected the brochures last week. No unnecessary calls, just calls me up to update the current situation. Yesterday's call - Ecoboost ready for test drive, Diesel up for display, vehicles dispatched allocated for this particular showroom. Again, I will get a call when the diesel is up for a TD and when they announce the price. I think he is doing a pretty good job of not irritating his customers unlike what I am experiencing with other manufacturers..
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 13:45   #936
BHPian

Yesterday visited MPL Ford had a look at the Diamond While car on display. They confirmed that launch is on 21st. The max expected on road price is 11 lacs. They claim to have about 200 prebookings in two days. Looking at the crowds and their enthusiasm, I guess there would be at least around 100 bookings.

As I sat in the car, the feeling that the car is compact is growing in me. It is just a shade bigger than my old Santro. I had a feeling that seats are not optimised to fill the entire available width. There are big gaps to the door. I was not sure if this is worth 10 lacs. Anyway, booked with a advance of 50K. It was a half hearted booking. The stated condition is a penalty of Rs 5000 on cancellation, but there are oral assurances that there will be no cancellation charges upto launch. I will take a test drive after 21st and then decide.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:47   #937
BHPian

I just spoke to Planet Ford dealership Pune.As per them,the launch won`t happen before next week,they said it confidently as the display vehicles and test drive vehicles are yet to reach them and they said, it will reach them by next week only,and till the time the display and test drive vehicles don`t reach the showrooms all over India Ford is not going to launch it.So i guess all the interested buyers of ecosports can do their research in the mean time and shortlist the variant and color of their choice and when the pricing is announced take the final call.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:02   #938
BHPian

Just had a look at the ecosport at coimbatore ford dealer. Test drives were happening too - just the diesel version though.

I felt that the overall size, space and interior quality doesnt seem to be an upgrade from my swift (last gen). Went with my chequebook to book one, but came back even without taking a test drive :(

The positives are good design, solid build (exterior), features and safety. This would be a sensible alternative to premium hatchbacks, but isn't attractive for buyers looking at other segments IMO.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 14:07   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
We all pray that the prices of any variant of ecosport doesnt cross max 10 lakhs on road,it will be a real steal and a huge runaway success for the Ford company and a huge benefit for us customers who have waited for this product to launch patiently.
At least for the AT version I guess this might not be the case because of the excise duty regulations. If we go by the prices quoted a few posts earlier , then the OTR prices in Chennai would be touching 10L OTR , if not more.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:09   #940
BHPian

In a matter of 3 pages and roughly 30 conversations, 3 people have returned back with their cheque books intact or torn. If we on Team-BHP are doing this, what about the masses.
I believe Ford is going for a dud again. All 4Ps have been left out of the entire launch. What is there to launch now anyways.
Dusters and the Terranos are sure to jack up their prices yet again. Market is getting steamy. Good time to sit and watch the game being played out and keep your hands inside your pockets
Old 19th June 2013, 14:11   #941
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
If this is true, Ford is going in the wrong direction. Once the initial hype goes down, the sales will go down - especially if the pricing is not great.
Yup, the Maruti way! While Maruti managed to pull it off, I wish Ford falls on its teeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
I know Ford pretty well and no way will they stoop to this level. Am sure the dealer is trying to make a quick buck here.
Well I'd be happy to learn if its the other way around but this is what the dealer informed me. He maintained that there's a proper Booking booklet for Eco-Sport & not a piece of paper that is used for Figo, Fiesta, etc. & that the 3000/- deduction on booking cancellation is a policy by Ford & not the dealer.

I could have gulped the Booking cancellation charges but the mandatory accessories clause could not be swallowed. Though I do not like the cancellation charges policy but then one has an option to think & book to avoid these. Still I protest levy of any such charges.

Due to both these reasons, I decided not to book the vehicle.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:12   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I felt that the overall size, space and interior quality doesnt seem to be an upgrade from my swift (last gen). Went with my chequebook to book one, but came back even without taking a test drive :(
I expect this to happen on a fairly large scale when display vehicles start appearing in showrooms. Just my humble opinion though.

All this pre-booking frenzy is driven mostly by slick marketing, pictures and videos on the internet / TV. When people actually see and feel the physical product most of them will turn back due to its compact size.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:34   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
All this pre-booking frenzy is driven mostly by slick marketing, pictures and videos on the internet / TV. When people actually see and feel the physical product most of them will turn back due to its compact size.
This might be happening with the masses but not with Team-BHP members IMO.
We have had a comprehensive Team BHP review as a benchmark and the car was on display in major metros for people to get the feel of the car.
So there are no more unpleasant surprises waiting except the pricing. Even on that front the verdict is clear - It will sell well if priced less than Duster
Old 19th June 2013, 14:36   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I expect this to happen on a fairly large scale when display vehicles start appearing in showrooms. Just my humble opinion though.

absolutely correct,The photos on the website, the videos can be very misleading and its the actual product when viewed in person one can actually feel the compactness and compare it to the vehicle they currently own and whether it is worth the upgrade.A fine example would be the Honda Amaze,with its amazing mileage and power being boasted on the internet it was the actual test drive which turned me away from buying it.There was lots of diesel noise inside the cabin along with the vibrations and the bumpy ride.

Last edited by vineetg84 : 19th June 2013 at 14:38. Reason: incomplete
Old 19th June 2013, 14:44   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
- It will sell well if priced less than Duster
It will definitely be priced way less than Duster (by 1-2L) as it is -
  • small/compact
  • less than 4m and diesel <1500CC - Tax benefit
  • a segment lower than Duster (To be honest)
  • Ford will not repeat Fiesta blunder again
  • to compel hatchback buyers as they are the "main" target customers

It will be a run away success because all of us dream about owing "SUV" and this will be the cheapest so called "SUV" (with hatchback features for family) from a reputed company. I am not counting Quanto and Rio as desirable vehicle. Ecosport has all the recipes for a success product.

There will be people who will feel this is not a "SUV" but then if ford manage to price it just a bit higher than Polo/I20 then it will be Value for Money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks