Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 16:36   #961
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Online site also mentions a MT Leather Shifter gear and it seems to be a bit of a copy past job from the Titanium MT. If indeed the start stop button and flip key does exist in the AT it will be great but seems unlikely. We can expect Ford to make corrections on their website in a day or two if the feature is not present as there would be persons from Ford Marketing team monitoring this thread.
They have already made the correction on the website the AT indeed does not have Start-Stop Button and flip key nor the leather seats. The Specs now mentioned do match the brochure.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 16:42   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I wish I'm totally wrong, but the picture of the EcoSport besides Figo in the official review has made the image of a very compact dimension vehicle in my mind. NOM.
When I had a side-by-side look at Ecosport and Figo in the showroom, I felt that Ecosport's size is just marginally bigger than Figo (atleast visually). All I could say is that Ecosport is a more solid and feature loaded hatchback with a good ground clearance. A slight premium over other hatchbacks makes sense, but I am not sure if it is worth 10 lakhs.

I forgot to mention that the plastic door pads aren't solid and flexes under a little pressure, which I think isn't a good sign about the quality of materials used. Infact I took a test drive of Linea and XUV5OO last week - their interiors looked a lot more premium IMHO compared to Ecosport.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 17:15   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
To me, on the technical/mechanical front, EcoSport is just a "car". And the top variant's current discussed price is noticeably close to the affordable workhorse SUVs - Scorpio / XUV / Safari - yes, base/mid variants. All of which, carry a much bigger punch under their hood and chassis.
Every one has a way to judge cars and you may be right on your part to call Ecosport a jacked up hatch but for prospective buyers like me, it still is a brilliant package. VFM differs for all and what may be vfm to you, may not be vfm for me.

Ford would never price the Ecosport neck to neck with Duster and if they do, it would become the new fiesta again.

I would go on to say that even at 10.5 on road for Titanium in Delhi is a brilliant price and i would definitely go for it, the kind of places i visit i need that 200 mm ground clearance and hatches like Swift/ i20 cant venture into the off road territory which are roads are becoming.

As for Duster, had to reject it sadly due to its build quality (wafer thin doors), the spartan interiors and a not so established service/dealer network, couldnt digest spending 14L on it, its barebones and looks dated (subjective)

We have a 7 year old Scorpio and though it has been faithful, these ladder on frame SUV's like Scorpio are extremely uncomfortable for the passengers with their pitching, bobbing and scary handling, these are good for city duties or extreme off roading which i never did.

A family of 3 (like ours) or 4 should be happy with Ecosport, we cant relate VFM with the size of vehicle, we are trading in our Scorpio for Ecosport and have no remorse, yes i lose on the space but the 20 other things are a big positive over Scorpio. The only other better Suv is XUV but we dont need a Mahindra now and am scared of the constant niggles and issues.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:25   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
When I had a side-by-side look at Ecosport and Figo in the showroom, I felt that Ecosport's size is just marginally bigger than Figo (atleast visually). All I could say is that Ecosport is a more solid and feature loaded hatchback with a good ground clearance. A slight premium over other hatchbacks makes sense, but I am not sure if it is worth 10 lakhs.

I forgot to mention that the plastic door pads aren't solid and flexes under a little pressure, which I think isn't a good sign about the quality of materials used. Infact I took a test drive of Linea and XUV5OO last week - their interiors looked a lot more premium IMHO compared to Ecosport.
i had asked a few questions to hormazd the editor of Autocar India magazine and he too recommended the ecosport even though the size is not must of a difference
Old 19th June 2013, 17:33   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Every one has a way to judge cars and you may be right on your part to call Ecosport a jacked up hatch but for prospective buyers like me, it still is a brilliant package. VFM differs for all and what may be vfm to you, may not be vfm for me.

Ford would never price the Ecosport neck to neck with Duster and if they do, it would become the new fiesta again.

I would go on to say that even at 10.5 on road for Titanium in Delhi is a brilliant price and i would definitely go for it, the kind of places i visit i need that 200 mm ground clearance and hatches like Swift/ i20 cant venture into the off road territory which are roads are becoming.

As for Duster, had to reject it sadly due to its build quality (wafer thin doors), the spartan interiors and a not so established service/dealer network, couldnt digest spending 14L on it, its barebones and looks dated (subjective)

We have a 7 year old Scorpio and though it has been faithful, these ladder on frame SUV's like Scorpio are extremely uncomfortable for the passengers with their pitching, bobbing and scary handling, these are good for city duties or extreme off roading which i never did.

A family of 3 (like ours) or 4 should be happy with Ecosport, we cant relate VFM with the size of vehicle, we are trading in our Scorpio for Ecosport and have no remorse, yes i lose on the space but the 20 other things are a big positive over Scorpio. The only other better Suv is XUV but we dont need a Mahindra now and am scared of the constant niggles and issues.
Wonder if anyone could put it better than you did. Very well said indeed & agree with you totally. I didn't mean the EcoSport is bad. In fact in an earlier post you'll see how much I like this car myself!

My point of view towards VFM during this discussion was from the cost to build vs. OTR price perspective. And that's where the size, utility, underpinnings and complexity of the non electronic components come into picture. Just tried to make the price a bit relative in reference with others. Without referencing, even the Hummer would seem "VFM" .

Congratulations on your purchase. Hope to see your ownership report soon!

P.S. - I don't really have a reason to argue - it was just loud thinking. I'll stop this point here so that this thread's primary focus on the EcoSport will remain on vital points rather than my individual definition of VFM!

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th June 2013 at 17:41.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 17:36   #966
BHPian

With the ecosport at elite Ford service station. 2 white ecosports. I will post pictures once I am back home.
Old 19th June 2013, 18:26   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
With the ecosport at elite Ford service station. 2 white ecosports. I will post pictures once I am back home.
I called Elite ford Marathalli but they said the fleet has not arrived. They have got it in the yard but it has not come yet.

Guess what ?, the SA at Elite ford told me that there's 6 month waiting time for Ecoboost. He said they would be getting around 105 cars, with mixed variants(details not known) and already has more than 100 bookings. For the ecosport, they have been told that wait would be six month.

Wonder if that is just a hype building tactics. The longer the wait time, the more is popularity of the car. So all those claims by their CEO of "We are ready is the demand hits the roof" were bogus?

After so much of wait time, if one has to wait for another six month then I'm giving up. Planning to check out Linea and say bye to this Ecosport frenzy. :-(

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th June 2013 at 19:54.
Old 19th June 2013, 19:16   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
The dealer had a list of Accessories, he placed the paper in front of me, I did not even bother to see/read because I do not approve of the mandatory accessories in the first place. The dealer is Bhagat-Ford, Punjab.

He maintained that the instructions are from Ford & applicable pan-India. Not just this he said Extended-Warranty & Insurance shall also be mandatory from the dealership itself with the vehicle. I happily kissed the vehicle, dealership & Ford goodbye!
Drop is a mail to the MD of Ford India. They take it very seriously. I believe the Deal is trying to cash in on the demand . These tactics will also fal foul with the competition commission/ consumer courts. You cannot force a customer to buy accessories and/or insurance from the dealership. ,However, since 70-80 % of the customers succumb to the pressure exerted by the dealers, they resort to these sharp practices.
Old 19th June 2013, 19:24   #969
BHPian

Ford Ecosport to be launched on 26th of June in New Delhi according to overdrive magazine.

Finally the wait is over.
Old 19th June 2013, 19:26   #970
BHPian

It is not at the showroom yet. It is at their service station in Mahadevapura. They were cleaning the ecosport. Should be in the showroom tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
I called Elite ford Marathalli but they said the fleet has not arrived. They have got it in the yard but it has not come yet.
A friend had given his Figo for service and went to pick it up at the Elite service station. He called me saying there were 2 Ecosport vehicles at the service station. I went there immediately.
Both were TDCi, one a trend and the other Titanium (o). The service advisor said that they are expecting the pricelist tonight.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_170818.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_170841.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_170855.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_170911.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_170919.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_170931.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_171111.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_172032.jpg

I am 6 feet tall and I had the driver seat adjusted to my comfort. This is me sitting at the rear seat. There is around 5-6 inches of space between my knee and the seat
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_172048.jpg

An eyesore
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_172251.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_172311.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_172321.jpg

My friend at the rear seat. He is 5'11 . Head room and shoulder room is more than enough at the rear. Rear seat can seat 3 ladies comfortably.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_172712.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130619_172839.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130619wa0001.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130619wa0002.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130619wa0003.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20130619wa0004.jpg
zteg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 19:44   #971
BHPian

Just did a test drive of the Ecosport/ Ecoboost @Mody Ford, Hyderabad. Impressions:
+ Looks nice, just as nice as it does in the pictures.
+ Well built, ergonomics is just right. A pleasure to drive. The steering was quite light at the slow speeds, wonder if it weighs up with speed
+ Decent space in the rear seat, headrests are adjustable with a wide range
(-) Shod with MRF (ugh!). I got a distinct impression (though no-one explicitly said it) that the petrols will come with MRFs and the diesels with Goodyear Assurance. Not sure its true
(-) Some of the left-hand drive characteristics remain unaltered. e.g. the parking brake is attached to the front passenger seat, indicator stalk is to the left and and a few others . Not a deal-breaker, but a little better planning on the design change/supply chain would have been much appreciated.
(-) Not sure whether its just perception or the result of a more tightly tuned suspension, but the rear seat ride felt a bit harder than the average Indian car.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 19th June 2013 at 19:45. Reason: Typo
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 20:00   #972
BHPian

Ecosport launch date confirmed by motorbeam website,to be launched on 26 june

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-e...6th-june-2013/
Old 19th June 2013, 20:00   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Just did a test drive of the Ecosport/ Ecoboost @Mody Ford, Hyderabad. Impressions:
(-) Not sure whether its just perception or the result of a more tightly tuned suspension, but the rear seat ride felt a bit harder than the average Indian car.
Believe me, that stiff suspension will be a joy on the highway. You will not be tired at the end of the day unlike in cars where the suspension is soft and there is constant bobbing over undulations.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 20:17   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
+ Looks nice, just as nice as it does in the pictures.
+ Well built, ergonomics is just right. A pleasure to drive. The steering was quite light at the slow speeds, wonder if it weighs up with speed
+ Decent space in the rear seat, headrests are adjustable with a wide range
(-) Shod with MRF (ugh!). I got a distinct impression (though no-one explicitly said it) that the petrols will come with MRFs and the diesels with Goodyear Assurance. Not sure its true
(-) Some of the left-hand drive characteristics remain unaltered. e.g. the parking brake is attached to the front passenger seat, indicator stalk is to the left and and a few others . Not a deal-breaker, but a little better planning on the design change/supply chain would have been much appreciated.
Which Mody Ford is this ? Can you give us the Area Name
Is it for all or a privileged test drive ?
Old 19th June 2013, 21:05   #975
BHPian

Ecosport launch on June 26th? Another week to go.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/347...n-26-june.aspx

Some big scoop expected tonight
http://www.motorbeam.com/general/maj...1107-pm-today/

Could this be the pricing? The service advisor at Elite Ford mentioned pricelist will be released tonight.

It is the pricelist I am interested in more than the launch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks