Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 08:11   #991
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
All secrets out. Brochure now available at Ford india website. All models and Specs in website now..

http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/models
This has been there on the website for a day or two . The real secret is the price and that will be announced on 26th June.

@PPS : that is the strategy so far for most companies. The vehicle starts selling well and the prices are increased by a good margin. Another reason to pre-book the eco-sport !
Old 20th June 2013, 08:22   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
This has been there on the website for a day or two . The real secret is the price and that will be announced on 26th June.
Oh. Sorry. So I am trying to give a 'latest update' two days late. Once the Price info is out, the whole thing will be clear. Side Curtain Airbags for this segment is a welcome addition I suppose...
Old 20th June 2013, 09:33   #993
BHPian

Motorbash has scooped the official prices for some variants:

EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Ambiente: Rs 6.1 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Trend: Rs 6.95 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Titanium: Rs 8.1 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Titanium Automatic: Rs 8.75 Lakh
EcoSport 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium: Rs 9.15 Lakh

Quote:
Yes, this list doesn’t share the prices of the diesel variant as well as 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium (O), but this is all we have received. These prices are ex-showroom Dehradun and are claimed to be the bank’s prices.
Source:http://motorbash.com/so-are-these-th...ford-ecosport/
Old 20th June 2013, 09:49   #994
BHPian

Just looking for an opinion, does addition of ABS warrant a 95 thousand addition in price? That's the price difference between Trend and Ambiente variants. Surely safety is important, but does ABS cost 1 lakh rupees?
Old 20th June 2013, 10:06   #995
Senior - BHPian

Noticed that the Base Diesel version seem to be having rear disc brakes as compared to even top end Titanium option pack. Is ford so generous ? or just a typo ? or are they compensating for lack of ABS on base ambiente diesel ?

Source : http://www.india.ford.com/suv/ecospo...iesel-ambiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Motorbash has scooped the official prices for some variants:

EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Ambiente: Rs 6.1 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Trend: Rs 6.95 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Titanium: Rs 8.1 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Titanium Automatic: Rs 8.75 Lakh
EcoSport 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium: Rs 9.15 Lakh

Source:http://motorbash.com/so-are-these-th...ford-ecosport/
Typically Diesel should start at a 1-1.5L premium over petrol. So if this were to be believed, then Base diesel should be around 7.5lakhs and the Trend variant which most people will end up buying will be 8.5L That should keep it south of 10.5L even in Bangalore.

If this really comes true, Renault is going to sweat as the duster models having basic safety such as ABS are selling at 13 lakhs here in bangalore

Last edited by rajshenoy : 20th June 2013 at 10:10. Reason: Combining multiple posts
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 10:33   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I really fail to understand the thinking process here.

Can you please explain to me what have I lost or am going to lose by prebooking?

Keep the 3k cancellation fee aside. Anything apart from that? I have all rights to cancel the booking if I dont like it.
Exactly what i was about to say.

How is being an enthusiast linked to pre booking a car? I would rather think the person who really desires a particular car would be the one braving long waiting periods and all
keshavarora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 10:42   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Noticed that the Base Diesel version seem to be having rear disc brakes as compared to even top end Titanium option pack. Is ford so generous ? or just a typo ? or are they compensating for lack of ABS on base ambiente diesel ?

Source : http://www.india.ford.com/suv/ecospo...iesel-ambiente

Typically Diesel should start at a 1-1.5L premium over petrol. So if this were to be believed, then Base diesel should be around 7.5lakhs and the Trend variant which most people will end up buying will be 8.5L That should keep it south of 10.5L even in Bangalore.

If this really comes true, Renault is going to sweat as the duster models having basic safety such as ABS are selling at 13 lakhs here in bangalore

I would say titanium (o) diesel should be of the same price as titanium automatic, which if above is true will be at 8.75 ex showroom.
Truly mouthwatering.
Old 20th June 2013, 10:55   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvl View Post
Just looking for an opinion, does addition of ABS warrant a 95 thousand addition in price? That's the price difference between Trend and Ambiente variants. Surely safety is important, but does ABS cost 1 lakh rupees?
The difference is not only ABS but also rear power windows, Driver seat Height adjustment, Rear wiper/defogger, Steering mounted controls, body coloured ORVM/Door handles, Additional storage spaces etc.

Comparing the Renault Duster feature list Vs price, I rather think Ford is being generous. let is not forget that even the base version is getting telescopic & tilt steering, tinted glasses, Powered/Turn Indicator ORVM, music system with USB/Bluetooth, remote central locking etc. Bring it on Ford!

Details: http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...cificationdata

Last edited by urajkumar : 20th June 2013 at 10:58.
Old 20th June 2013, 10:59   #999
BHPian

If these prices are true its going to be a blockbuster for sure. The Titanium and Ambiente are excellent VFM packages, Titanium especially.
However the trend version seems to be on the higher side, 85k for ABS, rear power windows and few other minor features like seat hight adjustment, body coloured mirrors doesn't add up.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 20th June 2013 at 11:02.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:22   #1000
BHPian

Spotted 5-6 Ecosports at Elite Ford yesterday.

Surprisingly all were only white color.

Dint get to see all of them in detail.....but i guess all of them were TDCI.

The ones i saw were only TDCI for sure.

Clicked some snaps from my mobile. was in a hurry so could not upload.

Ecosport appears to be very small/compact when compared to a Duster.

But overall a very nice package..... neatly done and acceptable quality.

The front looks much better than photos/images.

All depends on the prize now, If priced well I guess people would not mind the compact feel.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:29   #1001
BHPian

It would have been great if SYNC and other junk would have been optional accessories, after all Ford doesn't need these to market the Ecosport. If this could have reduced the price by 50k would have made a true VFM proposition.

All indications point to the AT, ecoboost, and Diesel top end to be priced between 11L to 12L OTR Bangalore, which is the new Fiesta pricing. Tough choice when you have competent sedans in the same price range.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:36   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
It would have been great if SYNC and other junk would have been optional accessories, after all Ford doesn't need these to market the Ecosport. If this could have reduced the price by 50k would have made a true VFM proposition.

All indications point to the AT, ecoboost, and Diesel top end to be priced between 11L to 12L OTR Bangalore, which is the new Fiesta pricing. Tough choice when you have competent sedans in the same price range.
I think the feature and equipment list is good. They are really the USPs for the car. Especially when smaller and cheaper hatchbacks are coming equipped with some of that equipment, the EcoSport with its compact dimensions definitely needed them. I'd say Ford has been quite spot-on while attaching the bells and whistles to this car.

As for the pricing - yes, it seems this car will fight more with the sedans rather than entry level SUVs for the market share. The SUV enthusiasts will probably prefer to shell out a few more bucks for a larger vehicle. And I for sure would buy the EcoSport diesel rather than a Verna/Fiesta/Vento/Rapid/Linea/City/SX4 for it's practicality & flexibility.

In fact people should also consider the EcoSport when they are shopping for sedans. After-all its a loaded, competent micro SUV at the cost of a mid-tier sedan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
If these prices are true its going to be a blockbuster for sure. The Titanium and Ambiente are excellent VFM packages, Titanium especially.
However the trend version seems to be on the higher side, 85k for ABS, rear power windows and few other minor features like seat hight adjustment, body coloured mirrors doesn't add up.
Thats the usual marketing tactic. We know the features aren't worth 95k. But we do want them alright. So we go for Trend. Ford makes more profit. Simple business. Everyone does it.

Last edited by Reinhard : 20th June 2013 at 11:55.
Old 20th June 2013, 12:10   #1003
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's one review from a TAI member. Looks good.

Had TD the white 1.5D MT EcoSport today. Wow this is really amazing. This is surely a head turner. Gone crazy and drove the vehicle at 130 KMPH at Necklace road of Hyderabad. Handling is good. Vehicle remained very much under control on sudden braking. Mine was the last trip of test drive for the vehicle today along with 3 other fellow test drivers. We were total 5 members travelling. Rear seat easily accomodated 3 medium built people. Didnt get a chance to test SYNC and infotainment. Found bit of lag at low RPM but at speeds its so good. Vehicle remained very much stable on higher speed. One of my fellow Test driver took a sharp turn at good speed, there is negligble body roll. Display was showing 16 KMPL avg. Having been test driven through out the day by different people in varying traffic conditions, 16 KMPL can be considered good mileage i think. And when my trip ended, so many people were still waiting at the showroom for a chance to drive this vehicle. But they were only allowed to satify themselves by seeing and feeling the car as the Test Drive for the day closed.

There is so much hype created for this vehicle. 3 out of 5 people visiting showroom are booking this vehicle.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 12:38   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just noticed that the lower end Trend variant gets beige interiors but the Titanium (O) gets all black. That's a brilliant move by Ford.
Thank god for that. Love black interiors.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:00   #1005
BHPian

look like Ford has still to make lots of correction related to ecosport on the website,i clicked on the variant 1.5l petrol automatic and under section wheel and tyres it is mentioned 16 inch steel wheels and in the same exterior section its mentioned 16 inch alloy wheel(including spare wheel)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks