Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:59   #8416
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Autocar UK has put the Eco-sport on the top 10 worst cars on sale!

How on earth is that possible? some thing we perceive as so good and desirable in india is rated as worst in UK? Cant really understand!
Worst is a relative term, aligned to what is available in the UK market, especially from Ford. Anyway, if you look at the whole list, the Ecosport indeed is in good company
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:05   #8417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Anyway, if you look at the whole list, the Ecosport indeed is in good company
Yep true, even the bmw 7 series made it into the list!
Old 22nd December 2014, 20:36   #8418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-britain-today

How on earth is that possible? some thing we perceive as so good and desirable in india is rated as worst in UK? Cant really understand!
However it is in exalted company - alongside big names like BMW, Lexus, Alfa Romeo among others. So not to worry.

Last edited by wilful : 22nd December 2014 at 20:38.
Old 22nd December 2014, 20:54   #8419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post

Many congratulations. Red is indeed a very nice colour. By when will you get your Ecosport?
Thanks me booked at Elite Ford. Delivery mostly by this weekend. Just got the loan papers going.

Any suggestions on any accessories to add or things to take note of on the delivery day.

Not keen to add anything extra but just contemplating on spare wheel cover. Any idea if its good to buy there or outside?
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:06   #8420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BBC review sometime earlier was also not much better. In an earlier post in this thread there was a mention and the link.
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:25   #8421
BHPian

Posting something worth after a long time.
My uncle is interested in the ecoboost optional version.He was given this quote(rough estimate).

10.68 lakhs on road (Goa)
inclusive of :
1. ~ 33,000 insurance
2. 8,000 handling charge
3. 10,000 accessories.

I will insist on outside insurance and try and do away with handling charges, SA said there is no offer/no discount and to book soon since price will be increased in the new year. According to him there are a couple of cars at the plant(red and black (O)variants) and he can get it delivered in a week ,otherwise its 2 to 3 months waiting period .

Will there be an imminent price hike(again? )

thanks

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 22nd December 2014 at 21:28.
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:33   #8422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Err, all engines heat up the hood; its not just specific to ecoboost.
Sorry, for being unclear.
I did a TD of Zest Revotron 1.2L turbo charged petrol. After 4-5 kms, the driver side bonnet heated up. The SA said it's normal for turbocharged engines and said Ecoboost also heats up the same way.
So, wanted to confirm here.
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:13   #8423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Thanks me booked at Elite Ford. Delivery mostly by this weekend. Just got the loan papers going.

Any suggestions on any accessories to add or things to take note of on the delivery day.

Not keen to add anything extra but just contemplating on spare wheel cover. Any idea if its good to buy there or outside?
I'm also in same dilemma. But the cost is exorbitant of the exterior wheel cover. It's around 13k. So I have dropped the idea for the time being.
Old 23rd December 2014, 07:57   #8424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Guys, my Ecoboost is giving me only 7km +/- 0.5 Kms per lit, driven strictly within city limits. My car is also being recalled . Will there be any improvement in the mileage?
I get 11.5 - 13 km/L in Bangalore city, the difference being due to whether I get caught up in heavy traffic.

7 km/L is definitely low on the face of it. Can you confirm that you're not up shifting gears too early or too late? What RPM range do you usually run at? Also, I highly recommend using the instantaneous mileage indicator (the horizontal bar) to tune your driving style. I would not expect any change in mileage due to the fuel line recall. What's your odo reading and how many services have been completed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Hi Ecoboost owners, can you please confirm if the turbo-charged petrol engine heats up the bonnet?
Yes, like all engines, it heats up the hood/bonnet. That's also the reason you hear the radiator fan running for some time after stopping the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I would like to know is the exterior wheel cover for Ecosport is useful or not? And what is is cost?
I recall it costs around 13k last time I checked. I personally believe the only use of this is cosmetic (it looks good to some, and can hide a dirty spare). I don't believe it has any utility or protective value, since what special protection can you give one tire when the other 4 are exposed to the elements, and are driven on? Go for it if you like the looks of it, but please don't buy it only to "protect" your spare.
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:02   #8425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I get 11.5 - 13 km/L in Bangalore city, the difference being due to whether I get caught up in heavy traffic.

7 km/L is definitely low on the face of it. Can you confirm that you're not up shifting gears too early or too late? What RPM range do you usually run at? Also, I highly recommend using the instantaneous mileage indicator (the horizontal bar) to tune your driving style. I would not expect any change in mileage due to the fuel line recall. What's your odo reading and how many services have been completed?
I can totally understand this situation. The traffic out here is really pathetic thanks to the metro construction on the entire city stretch. I manage a max of 12kmpl in my city run (TDCI). But on highways, it can go close to 17-18kmpl. The best way is to keep the rpm at the powerband (1.5k rpm), I tried that and got the best figures.
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:36   #8426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The traffic out here is really pathetic thanks to the metro construction on the entire city stretch. I manage a max of 12kmpl in my city run (TDCI). But on highways, it can go close to 17-18kmpl. The best way is to keep the rpm at the powerband (1.5k rpm)
So there are placed with worse traffic than Bangalore!

If the diesel can only give a maximum of 12 km/L, then 7 km/L for the EcoBoost is understandable (though not light on the wallet!)

For the EcoBoost, it's best to keep the engine around 2000 rpm. Anything lower than 1.8k rpm drops it out of the boost zone, with the resultant loss of power and mileage.
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:51   #8427
BHPian

Just wanted to report my experience at Cauvery Ford, Bangalore this Sunday. First of all, the showroom exudes no warmth and the absence of any personnel to even greet you when you enter the showroom rings alarm bells for a potential customer.

Seeing a black Ecosport on display, my family and I walk to the car and sit inside it and basically examine the car for a good 10 minutes. Only after that, an unenthusiastic salesman with an extremely sombre expression comes forward. The conversation that followed went like this:

Salesman: Can I help you?
Me: Hi, I'm interested in the 1.5 Petrol Titanium. Do you have a TD car with the 1.5 Petrol engine?
Salesman: No Sir.
Me: Ok...

(2 minutes of silence)

Me: Do you expect to have the 1.5 Petrol TD car?
Salesman: No Sir.

(1 minute of silence)

Me: But how will a person decide to buy this car if they can't drive it?
Salesman: We don't. Most of our sales are for the diesel anyway.

(1 minute of stunned disbelief at such honest admission)

Me: If I still want to get the petrol, how long do I need to wait?
Salesman: About two to three months, Sir.
Me: And the diesel?
Salesman: We can get one for you immediately.
Me: Do you have a brochure and the pricelist?

The salesman hands me a brochure (which turned out to be one for Ecosport accessories rather than the car itself) and a pricelist. I thank him and walk out.

It got me thinking that Ford would do well not to sell the 1.5 Petrol at all if this is how dealers are treating potential customers for one.

Secondly, the general lack of enthusiasm irked me off. I'm walking in to buy a car that costs a good damn million rupees. As a salesman, you better have the courtesy to take some time to talk to me about the car, its salient features, and why I should consider it over something else.

All in all, the experience left a poor, indifferent taste in the mouth. I'd think twice before considering dealing with Cauvery Ford, Bangalore.

Putting the rant aside, has anyone here driven the 1.5 Petrol in manual guise? How do you compare it against the Diesel?

Last edited by Pyrotek : 23rd December 2014 at 11:56. Reason: query about 1.5 Petrol driving experience
Old 23rd December 2014, 12:17   #8428
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My ecoboost petrol has completed 10K kms and I am getting overall average of 12 to 13.5 kmpl. It has NEVER given me more than 13.5 with normal driving
Old 23rd December 2014, 15:26   #8429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
My ecoboost petrol has completed 10K kms and I am getting overall average of 12 to 13.5 kmpl. It has NEVER given me more than 13.5 with normal driving
Same here. My driving is 60:40 highway city.
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:14   #8430
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Agreed. in city conditions I get upto 12 Kmpl.
BTW, do you guys think using premium or high octane petrol would help? I'm asking cause theoretically, a low compression ratio of the ecoboost, these fuels wont help much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks