Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2015, 10:42   #8551
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Has any one also noticed the drivers seat losing its firmness? My car has done 22k kms and the drivers seat cushion is sagging. So much so that i sink in the seat where the back rest begins and it gets irritating to slide myself out of the pit!

Any ways to fix this?
Old 27th January 2015, 11:08   #8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
While cleaning the car this morning, I ended up opening the bonnet/engine bay only to realize that a full grown cat was sitting on the engine

The way through the exhaust/behind the engine on the 1.5P is big enough for cats or even small dogs to get in, I am writing to check if the premium models ( I have an ambiente) have any protection in that area to avoid unauthorized occupation of engine compartment?
Lol, A cat would not harm your car. It will keep the mice away as rats would not even come near your engine due to the smell of the cat. But make sure you check your engine bay before you crank making sure you dont hurt the cat.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid typing...like...this... Read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th January 2015 at 11:14.
Old 27th January 2015, 16:52   #8553

Hello Everyone
I am facing a rather unsual problem nowdays during cold start of my diesel engine. There is some kind of white smoke which comes out during cold start condition for few minutes. Is it something usual in Winter? I am really worried from past few days.
Please provide me your insights on the same which would help me take further action
Old 27th January 2015, 18:46   #8554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
Hello Everyone
I am facing a rather unsual problem nowdays during cold start of my diesel engine. There is some kind of white smoke which comes out during cold start condition for few minutes. Is it something usual in Winter? I am really worried from past few days.
Please provide me your insights on the same which would help me take further action
I cant believe that Bangalore is so cold these days . The major cause of white smoke is inadequate heat while starting. The white smoke is a mixture of water vapour and un burnt diesel. Have a reliable diesel mechanic check for incorrect ignition timing or any leakages in the system.
Old 28th January 2015, 20:36   #8555
BHPian

A warm 'hello' to all forum members! This being my first post, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members who have contributed to this thread, and in particular, the OPs. I have been following your excellent reviews & feedback for the last few months, and these have helped tremendously in convincing me to go in for my dream vehicle - the 1.0L Petrol Ecoboost MT.

Having said that, I would greatly appreciate any assistance/comments on my current dilemma: I have made the complete downpayment for my vehicle on 24 Jan (it was billed to the dealer, Caculo Ford, on 20 Jan,) but the SA now claims that the vehicle has not been dispatched from the Chennai plant till today. The VIN provided is MAJAXXMRKAFC82199. Is there any way to track the movement of the vehicle on the Ford India website? Thanks!

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 28th January 2015 at 20:56.
Old 28th January 2015, 21:43   #8556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
The VIN provided is MAJAXXMRKAFC82199. Is there any way to track the movement of the vehicle on the Ford India website? Thanks!
As per VIN, it's a Jan 2015 manufactured vehicle. There's no way to track movement from the plant to dealer. You just need to follow up with the dealer regularly.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 20:20   #8557
BHPian

Ecosport Stepney Cover Diamond White Set Of 2 Pieces @ 6899/- + 499/- shipping:

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/f...-lock/13071232

Anyone know this seller and can vouch for them?

Seller info Shri Krishna , Delhi
Shri Krishna has been on rediff shopping since 2013 with product in multiple categories like Other Car Accessories, Car Styling Products, Lamps and Horns, Car Cleaning Products, Bike Accessories and Apparels,

On Rediff.com: Since 2013

About this product - Ford Ecosport Stepney Cover Diamond White Set Of 2 Pieces With Lock
Specifications
Product Features
1, it is original car design, very good for keep the spare tire well.
2, use the good fiber to do.
3, it is easy to install in the car.
4, the packing is very nice and stable,
1), we use the carton box to pack the goods,
Warranty
N/A
In The Box
2 X tire cover for 2013 ford ecosport,all color,two parts
Old 29th January 2015, 23:34   #8558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
Hello Everyone
Don't even bother about it, it's not white smoke, its basically engine getting warmed up and temp difference. In North India, you would see this with every vehicle during morning start up!

I will be worried, if white smoke comes out even driving 4 or 5 kms
Old 30th January 2015, 10:33   #8559
Senior - BHPian

This month's Autocar has a long term review (2nd report) on the Ecosport.
It underlines the plus points - good ground clearance, compact dimensions, comfortable seating etc - all of which were among my priorities when I bought it.
I'm sure prospective buyers find the report interesting.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...rt-392660.aspx
wilful is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 14:10   #8560
BHPian

Guys, just want to share a bad experience with Cargo Ford, Ahmedabad.
I took my car for 3rd service (20,000 kms) last month. My front passenger side power window switch was not working and hence needed to be replaced under warranty. On receiving my car back in the evening i noticed the new switch was a bit dirty so i asked whether it was a new switch or not. They assured that they have replaced it with a new switch so i didn't argue with them ( as am already fed up with them due to past instances).
Couple of days ago i noticed that my rear passenger side power window switch was not blue in colour but red. This got to me thinking that they might have swapped my rear and front power switches and installed an old fiesta switch for the rear. I dont know why they would have done such a fraud as it was under warranty and they wouldn't have to bear the cost of replacing the switch. I confronted them this morning and also complained it in Ford Customer care to take action against the dealer.
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 13:16   #8561
BHPian

Kindly Advice

Friends today one my way to office a Luggage Auto Banged my left side mirror (ford Ecosport).The mirror broke but nothing as happened to the glass or the indicator or the motor. The problem is Im due for Insurance renewal end of next month .Should i go for a claim or pay cash (5 K checked with the showroom) ?

Btw the driver pleaded he cannot afford to pay.
Old 31st January 2015, 15:26   #8562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Kindly Advice

Friends today one my way to office a Luggage Auto Banged my left side mirror (ford Ecosport).The mirror broke but nothing as happened to the glass or the indicator or the motor. The problem is Im due for Insurance renewal end of next month .Should i go for a claim or pay cash (5 K checked with the showroom) ?

Btw the driver pleaded he cannot afford to pay.
If you are at 10% NCB slab then claiming insurance might workout, but if you are in higher NCB slab my suggestion is to avoid claiming insurance and pay by cash.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 18:37   #8563
AAD
BHPian

I have the Ecosport AT and I realised that the model sold in India has the front seat fore and aft movement lever placed according to Left Hand Drive markets. The driver side lever is near the handbrake, which would be near the front left door for the LHD markets and the co-passenger seat is also near the handbrake, which for LHD markets would be towards the front right door.

No wonder they mixed up the side airbag sensor wiring. Speaks poorly of Ford India's commitment to Indian market that they cannot offer the right configuration for a model that at one time saw over 5000 units sold each month and even now is the volume seller for the company.

I realised this since I share this car with my wife (it's her's actually) and I have to move the drivers seat back after she has driven. And it requires a bit of contortion to operate the lever and push the seat back. Definitely not a pretty sight for a by stander������
Old 31st January 2015, 19:36   #8564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
I have the Ecosport AT and I realised that the model sold in India has the front seat fore and aft movement lever placed according to Left Hand Drive markets. The driver side lever is near the handbrake, which would be near the front left door for the LHD markets and the co-passenger seat is also near the handbrake, which for LHD markets would be towards the front right door.

No wonder they mixed up the side airbag sensor wiring. Speaks poorly of Ford India's commitment to Indian market that they cannot offer the right configuration for a model that at one time saw over 5000 units sold each month and even now is the volume seller for the company.

I realised this since I share this car with my wife (it's her's actually) and I have to move the drivers seat back after she has driven. And it requires a bit of contortion to operate the lever and push the seat back. Definitely not a pretty sight for a by stander😊😊😊
Maybe am missing something, bit I do not see why having the lever near the hand brake is unintuitive. I find it rather convenient to operate the lever with my left hand. And I find it very convenient when I have to adjust the passenger seat while seated in the driver seat. Very convenient as the lever is within my hand's reach. Maybe it is different in other cars, but the fact that I have not noticed it so far is proof enough that it poses no inconvenience.

But then what I am still clueless is what this has to do with the airbag wiring.
Old 31st January 2015, 19:58   #8565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
But then what I am still clueless is what this has to do with the airbag wiring.
I am also rather mystified by this. Not heard about any wiring mix up thus far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks