Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2015, 20:20   #8566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post

I am also rather mystified by this. Not heard about any wiring mix up thus far.
Well, there has been a mixup and that is why there is a recall issued. What I was wondering was how that and seat adjustment lever placement are related.
Old 31st January 2015, 21:02   #8567
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Well, there has been a mixup and that is why there is a recall issued. What I was wondering was how that and seat adjustment lever placement are related.
Well that is what I am wondering too. I know about the recall and the airbag sensor/wiring issue but the connection between that and the LHD placement eludes me.
Old 1st February 2015, 00:48   #8568
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Well that is what I am wondering too. I know about the recall and the airbag sensor/wiring issue but the connection between that and the LHD placement eludes me.

I agree it's convenient to adjust the co-passengers seat for the driver with the lever closer on the co-passenger seat . But for the drivers seat, it is inconvenient unless u get in the car. I make this observation based on the fact that I am 6 ft tall and push my seat all the way back while my wife is 5'2 and pulls the seat fully forward, making it impossible for me to get in and then adjust the seat. So I have to bend in this unnatural manner to push the seat to my liking.

In most other cars such levers are actually a bar across the width of each seat so it is convenient for one to operate irrespective of one's position.

My contention therefore is that they have not re-positioned the levers for a RHD market. While doing so, they have mixed up the side airbag wiring to the opposite sensors. The recall in many Ecosport, including mine was to correct the connectors.

This is purely my inference and I will be happy to be proved otherwise.
AAD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 08:17   #8569
Distinguished - BHPian

This is what happened to my car last week. It was a solid hit and I expected much more than this. Will be taking my car in two weeks for the third service, so planning to check on this. Expecting it to cost a bomb to repair this.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc_0115.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc_0001.jpg
Old 1st February 2015, 08:20   #8570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is what happened to my car last week. It was a solid hit
Unfortunate. Who did this to your car? It won't cost a bomb for sure as the door is not affected.

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st February 2015 at 08:28.
Old 1st February 2015, 08:42   #8571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Unfortunate. Who did this to your car? It won't cost a bomb for sure as the door is not affected.
An omni tried to overtake from the left. I have couple of scratches and small dents around the car. Will try and fix this atleast.
Old 1st February 2015, 13:53   #8572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An omni tried to overtake from the left. I have couple of scratches and small dents around the car. Will try and fix this atleast.
Really unfortunate. Is there a crack in the metal (in the 2nd pic)?
Overtaking from the left is the done thing these days especially by two wheelers unfortunately. Are you planning to fix this at the Ford Service Centre or elsewhere?
Old 1st February 2015, 16:56   #8573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Really unfortunate. Is there a crack in the metal (in the 2nd pic)?
Overtaking from the left is the done thing these days especially by two wheelers unfortunately. Are you planning to fix this at the Ford Service Centre or elsewhere?
Luckily, there isnt any crack. Anyways, I have my 20k service coming in mid feb. Shall get a quote from them. If it's reasonable, I shall get it done. I have few minor complaints this time.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 17:39   #8574
BHPian

Quote:
This is what happened to my car last week. It was a solid hit and I expected much more than this.
That's really an unfortunate incident and it's quite relieving that you are safe.
Good news is that the damage is minimal.
Bad news is that it happened to the body panel which is difficult to mend(cost wise will impact a bit).
As far as i can see the sheet metal is exposed(repair it soon) which means it needs a dent pulling and priming with the paint coat. The dealer sure will hand a bill for more than 10K i guess for this. I'm not that sure though.
IMO as your car is white you can try doing it at a trusted local body shop as the color shade wont look much different and they will do it at 30% of the cost of the dealers.
Old 1st February 2015, 19:51   #8575
BHPian

Quote:
Expecting it to cost a bomb to repair this.
The damage is nothing major, those panels can be dent repaired. However you need to paint the entire section to restore the polished finish. Touchups will also work but that polished feel will be gone for those areas. I had a similar accident months back on my ES, but it wasnt a harmless OMNI, but a full sized water tanker. Both my doors also got dented. I also hit my engine sump. They replaced the engine sump and oil, replaced the front left door, dent repaired the rear left door and other areas along with painting. Total bill came around 28k, out of which i payed 4.5k (had zero dep insurance). Going by your damage you dont need to pay more than 2k from your pocket. Also please avoid non authorized places as its hard to get that level of finishing from there. You spent 10L+ on your car, why skimp on saving few thousand by going to unauthorized place ?
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 11:43   #8576
BHPian

Is EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution) & EBA (Emergency Brake Assist) the same? The Ford India website mentions ABS and EBD (http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/features/safety) but the features comparison shows EBA available only in the AT variant.
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:32   #8577
BHPian

Planning to give my car (diesel ES) for the 40,000km service
Any suggestions?
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:33   #8578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Is EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution) & EBA (Emergency Brake Assist) the same? The Ford India website mentions ABS and EBD (http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/features/safety) but the features comparison shows EBA available only in the AT variant.
No. EBD allows for different brake force to be applied to each wheel, eg where traction may be different with wheels on different surfaces. EBA senses that you are doing an emergency stop and you might want even more brake pressure than your foot is capable if indicating on the pedal. That's the difference between Distribution and Assist.

Not a great expert on these TLAs, but I think this is correct.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 10:34   #8579
Senior - BHPian

Took a short break with the family over the Republic Day weekend at a serene spot in Muhamma (about 48 kms from home). It is a quiet hamlet between Chertala and Alleppy by the side of the Vembanaad Lake. The celebrated tourist destination 'Kumarakom' is on the other side of the backwaters. The advantages of this place therefore is that it is less frequented, and more importantly for a budget conscious me, less expensive. The drive to the place took us about an hour and twenty minutes (on Saturday forenoon).
We stayed in a small resort called Deshadan Backwaters which we found to be pretty good - the place has got good reviews on Trip Advisor. Took a boat ride in the evening to Pathiramanal Island (uninhabited mangroves) - sadly one is welcomed to the Island by the sight of (plastic) rubbish strewn all over the landing. Once inside however, the place was dense and quiet except for the sound of the occasional bird.
Stayed overnight and left after breakfast on Sunday morning.
Posting a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0413.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0414.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0381.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0377.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0383.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0386.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0396.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0402.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0405.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0399.jpg  

wilful is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:35   #8580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took a short break with the family over the Republic Day weekend at a serene spot in Muhamma (about 48 kms from home). It is a quiet hamlet between Chertala and Alleppy by the side of the Vembanaad Lake. We stayed in a small resort called Deshadan Backwaters
Wow, lovely pictures and appears to be a nice place. You need to do a travelogue for the rest of us.

Since this is the EcoSport thread, I have to point out one thing I noticed in your first picture - I think you're running the stock wiper blades. When you decide to change them, please consider either the Hella DynaEdge or Bosch Aerotwin blades. These are the frameless style of blades that drape onto the glass - I changed to these some months ago, and have been fully pleased with their performance, and their cleaner appearance.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks