Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2015, 20:43   #8716
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I am about to book am ecosport titanium trim. Can anybody confirm the options in oem tyres available and which one are better if there is a choice
You have Goodyear and MRF but you have no option to select the tires. It depends on the batch. IMHO, goodyear is better. I have MRF and it's got the three things I hate - Road noise, less grip and one of the worst design.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 05:55   #8717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You have Goodyear and MRF but you have no option to select the tires.
+1 to that. I too do not like the MRF tires in mine.
I saw an Ecosport with Bridgestone tires, at Kairali Ford recently.
Quote:
Can anybody confirm the options in oem tyres available and which one are better if there is a choice
Try if you can get one with the Bridgestones.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th April 2015 at 05:59.
Old 6th April 2015, 14:19   #8718
BHPian

The battery removal & reconnection by the Ford ASS last week seems to have introduced a bit of turbo lag in my vehicle, particularly in the lower gears. For example, on a moderately steep slope that I could easily navigate in 3rd earlier, I'm having to downshift to 2nd. Could the battery reset have also cleared the ECU drive settings? If so, can the settings that come with a new vehicle be uploaded to the ECU again?
Old 7th April 2015, 13:17   #8719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
The battery removal & reconnection by the Ford ASS last week seems to have introduced a bit of turbo lag in my vehicle, particularly in the lower gears. For example, on a moderately steep slope that I could easily navigate in 3rd earlier, I'm having to downshift to 2nd. Could the battery reset have also cleared the ECU drive settings? If so, can the settings that come with a new vehicle be uploaded to the ECU again?
I doubt that a battery reconnect will have any effect of the ECU settings.

Quote:
I am about to book am ecosport titanium trim. Can anybody confirm the options in oem tyres available and which one are better if there is a choice
Goodyears are the better of the two as far as i have heard, but i have goodyears on and their sidewalls are seriously delicate. Have so far 3 punctures there.
The grip is superb but.
Old 10th April 2015, 15:01   #8720
Senior - BHPian

Has the Ecosport price been increased? In today's paper there was an Ad which said Ecosport has won JD award for Quality in SUV segment. The prices mentioned at bottom indicated a starting price of 6.58 lacs for petrol and 8.04 lacs for Diesel. That is a lac more than the launch price.
Old 10th April 2015, 17:26   #8721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Has the Ecosport price been increased? In today's paper there was an Ad which said Ecosport has won JD award for Quality in SUV segment. The prices mentioned at bottom indicated a starting price of 6.58 lacs for petrol and 8.04 lacs for Diesel. That is a lac more than the launch price.
Was looking for a new car in the sub-10 lac range.
Checked out the EcoSport - among others - since a friend had bought the Diesel Trend variant in 2013 for about 9.5 lac OTR.
I was taken aback to find that the Petrol Trend variant costs as much now, OTR in Kerala.
Suddenly the new i20 which I initially thought was overpriced seems value for money now. To think of it, the EcoSport doesn't offer anything more other than 3 cm of added ground clearance and toy SUV looks.
Old 10th April 2015, 21:20   #8722
BHPian

I booked my car today in Mars red colour after lot of confusion in family. The colour is not readily available so i will have to wait for around twenty days.
Another interesting option was a car available with factory fitted accessories as advertised earlier by company. I was being offered a model with illuminated scuff plates, rear spoiler and roof rail cross bars but i was required to shell out approx 18000 rs more for this option. I did not find these accessories of much use to me and definitely overpriced. The rear spoiler was especially non distinct.
Another thing i got to know was that goodyear, mrf and apollo tyres are being used as OEM for ecosport.
Now waiting anxiously for my car.
nik hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 23:07   #8723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have MRF and it's got the three things I hate - Road noise, less grip and one of the worst design.
On the contrary MRFs are "Made for India" tyres which are more sturdy and less prone to punctures. ZV2Ks are popular and used in many cars like Swift. Even the resale value of MRFs are more than Goodyears. Considering people may use Ecosport for some softroading, isnt more durable one preferable?

Quote:
That is a lac more than the launch price.
It must be more than a lakh now. Prices of all cars (except the market duds) have increased. This is called inflation. Just compare price increase of duster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Suddenly the new i20 which I initially thought was overpriced seems value for money now. To think of it, the EcoSport doesn't offer anything more other than 3 cm of added ground clearance and toy SUV looks.
Sounds more like grapes are sour thing. You should be comparing i20 with Avventura. Both are a size smaller than Ecosport, no competition for the Ecoboost petrol motor from any one of them. Yes they are more VFM. If you are looking for sub 10L range, you wont get Titanium trim, and its really not advisable to buy car without airbags in 2015, when all developed countries have made it illegal to sell without one long back. Get i20 asta eyes closed, dont even compromise on safety for the sake of style and fake show offs.

Quote:
Another thing i got to know was that goodyear, mrf and apollo tyres are being used as OEM for ecosport.
Now waiting anxiously for my car.
Congrats on booking your new ride. Do you realize there are people who waited one year for this car? I didnt know they are offering apollo tyres as a option too as when i got mine it was MRFs and Goodyears only.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 02:49   #8724
Distinguished - BHPian

Price rises and waiting periods...

Wasn't there a price rise (or two) between the announcement and the first cars being delivered? I'm not digging back 500-plus pages to confirm that, but I do remember that we moaned long and loud about the delivery times.

But sure, twenty days is going to seem like a long time when waiting for your wonderful new car. Don't be too anxious! Congratulations
Old 11th April 2015, 05:30   #8725
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Wasn't there a price rise (or two) between the announcement and the first cars being delivered? I'm not digging back 500-plus pages to confirm that, but I do remember that we moaned long and loud about the delivery times.
Hope you weren't referring to this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-practice.html

The was a separate thread on the price hike by Ford on the EcoSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
The battery removal & reconnection by the Ford ASS last week seems to have introduced a bit of turbo lag in my vehicle, particularly in the lower gears.

Could the battery reset have also cleared the ECU drive settings? If so, can the settings that come with a new vehicle be uploaded to the ECU again?
The ECU isn't effected if the battery is disconnected and reconnected. Battery disconnection doesn't have any link to Turbo functionality/behaviour.

What the ECU does is stores and "Learns" how the driver is driving it and does adjust itself and learns every 2-3K kms. What happens is the Tripmeter, DTE, Average FE and any kind of settings that were made to stereo, ACC all get Reset - same happens to the ECU. Hence you feel there is some kind of change in the driving behaviour.

Nothing to worry, just keep driving the way you do and your car will be back the way you want.

This is what I know. Hopefully I am correct!

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th April 2015 at 05:39.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 08:06   #8726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
On the contrary MRFs are "Made for India" tyres which are more sturdy and less prone to punctures. ZV2Ks are popular and used in many cars like Swift. Even the resale value of MRFs are more than Goodyears. Considering people may use Ecosport for some softroading, isnt more durable one preferable?
I wouldnt completely agree to that. One tire was damaged while it went over a pothole (normal speed and not so big pothole). The car was just 10 days old. I have used Yokohama S Drives on my Swift and havent experienced any kind of problems (not even a single puncture). I agree Yokos have a stiff sidewall but atleast it provided amazing grip. As with the MRF, I havent really found any advantages and am waiting for it wear fast so that I can switch to a different brand (already have Michelin 3ST as spare). So I wouldnt say MRF is completely durable. This is just my personal opinion.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 09:48   #8727
BHPian

Quote:
I had a very bad experience with MRF ZV2Ks on my fiesta. While they were in good condition, they were noise and had very poor grip.
20000 kms and I started getting a bearing kind of noise while driving which increased with speed. Got the bearings and suspension checked they were fine. The tyres also looked fine but they had lost their round shape and thus the noise was coming. Replaced them with another brand last week and the car is super silent and super grippy. Also my driving is on very good delhi city roads and tollways.
So if you get your ecosport with factory fit MRF ZV2Ks. My advice would be to switch to another brand at the very start.

Last edited by M5_fan : 11th April 2015 at 09:50.
Old 11th April 2015, 10:13   #8728
Senior - BHPian

Came across a video of an Ecosport Ecoboost (obviously 2WD) doing a spot of softroading/river crossing in India and felt it would be of interest to people visiting this thread.

Obviously being a 2WD it lacks certain capabilities that are thrown up in the video but that aside it seems to handle bad terrain fairly well.
Not bad for a hatch on stilts with toy SUV looks eh?

Also came across the terms Pull Drift Compensation and Active Nibble Control (part of the Electric Power Assisted Steering) for the first time.
An explanation of these features, given on the Ford India website is quoted here - "EPAS also enables new technologies that adjust for minor driving annoyances. Pull-Drift Compensation detects road conditions – such as a crowned road surface or blustery crosswinds – and adjusts the EPAS system to help the driver compensate for the pulling and drifting these conditions can cause. Active Nibble Control helps reduce vibrations that transfer through the steering wheel. This feature senses and eliminates the "shimmy" felt at high speeds when a wheel is out of balance or a brake rotor is warped. Both software-based technologies are designed and integrated to be seamless and unnoticeable to the driver."

Last edited by wilful : 11th April 2015 at 10:21.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 15:13   #8729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It must be more than a lakh now. Prices of all cars (except the market duds) have increased. This is called inflation. Just compare price increase of duster.

The Duster actually has seen steady price decline. The Duster range now starts at 7.99lacs ex showroom. Moreover Duster comes with freebies and discounts where as none is offered with Ecosport. One the positive side, Ecosport owners(predominantly who bought during 2013) will see lesser depreciation.
Old 11th April 2015, 15:37   #8730
Team-BHP Support

Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Was looking for a new car in the sub-10 lac range.

Checked out the EcoSport - among others - since a friend had bought the Diesel Trend variant in 2013 for about 9.5 lac OTR.

I was taken aback to find that the Petrol Trend variant costs as much now, OTR in Kerala.

Quote:
The Duster actually has seen steady price decline. The Duster range now starts at 7.99lacs ex showroom. Moreover Duster comes with freebies and discounts where as none is offered with Ecosport. One the positive side, Ecosport owners(predominantly who bought during 2013) will see lesser depreciation.

Had posted this in the Ecosport facelift thread-

Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDI - 7.99
Duster RXL 90ps - 9.63

Ford Ecosport D Titanium - 9.6
Ford Ecosport D Titanium(o) - 10.2

Mahindra XUV 5OO W4 - 11.2
Duster Rxl 110ps AWD - 12.39

Except for the ground clearance, the top end Elite i20 makes much more sense now, compared to the Ecosport. Even the 90ps top end version of the Duster is cheaper than the Ecosport and is a much more capable (More ground clearance, much better ride, more space) vehicle. And on the other end- XUV 5OO w4 which comes with 3 row seating, a 2.2L engine an all basic features including ABS and airbags costs just a lakh more than the sub-4m Ecosport.

If SUV'ish looks and ground clearance is taken out of the equation- Ecosport feels too overpriced IMO. And Ford might do just that with the facelift - 1.Mess with the looks by removing the spare wheel 2. Drop the GC to 190mm as revealed in the international variant.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th April 2015 at 15:40.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks