Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 13:29   #8326
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Wanna swap? :-)
Mine is always a gear higher that that I would like. And with regular throttle input happens just above 2000rpm. How I wish it could wait till 3000rpm.
I hope that one of the ECU mapping guys develop something for the TCU too. We'll easily get best of both worlds. Good acceleration as well as good mileage.
Stick to a economy program while cruising in city, and just toggle a steering fitted switch to accelerate hard, and back to economy then.
The VW's gearbox gives you a choice of two shift program mes D which is economical and S which is sporty. You can move the lever to the left in D to work trip tronic. Whereas in the ECO you have a silly switch.

Rahul
Old 6th December 2014, 16:23   #8327
Senior - BHPian

Does Ecosport AT have in-gear indicator on the move? Like Polo TSI which indicates whih gear we are in, like D1, D2, D3...D7 and even S1, S2, S3...S7 ( in sports mode).
Old 7th December 2014, 10:20   #8328
AAD
BHPian

The in gear indication only comes into play when you use the manual shift in the Sport mode. It then shows which gear one is in. Otherwise it's just D for normal mode and S for sport mode
Old 7th December 2014, 12:32   #8329
Senior - BHPian

Also if you are above a particular speed it drops a gear while shifting from D to S.
Tried it many times, on highways at 80 or so the drop is from 6th to 5th, while in city at 60 or below it is from 5th to 4th.

Rahul
Old 7th December 2014, 19:06   #8330
BHPian

Completed 2nd Free service for my ES AT at Elite Ford, Bangalore. Car has run 10000kms and is 1 year old. No issues so far other than mild occasional murmur from LH side. The packing was tightened and hope it is gone. Changed engine oil and filter (4.1 litres, 5W), did wheel rotation and alignment and topped up all fluid. Engine is even more silent and smoother now (NVH was good even before) and feels smoother too. Was getting 11km in city and 15 on highways. Let us see if it improves further.

Total bill - 2500 INR.
Anuraj Ennai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 09:17   #8331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Tdci users, have you listened to your engine after it is switched off? I am able to hear 4 or 5 cuckoo calling sounds, which i presume is related to EGR.
Even I have noticed those chimes and always wondered what it was. I hope someone here can shed some light on the same.
Old 8th December 2014, 18:11   #8332
Distinguished - BHPian

Cross-posting this useful bit of info from Tushar on his thread.

Fellow owners, remember to keep checking periodically if your vehicle is included in a field service action at this page: Check for Field Service Action

As of now, there are no FSAs for my EcoSport, but that might change based on this news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Ford has recalled a total of 2804 EcoSports in Australia over a suspected wiring defect. The issue in question may cause the side airbags to not deploy correctly in the event of an accident. According to the official release published on the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) website, vehicles built from June 15th, 2013 through to August 26th, 2014 are subject to this recall.

The official statement says "The curtain airbag, seat belt pre-tensioner and side impact sensor circuits have been incorrectly orientated in the main wiring harness." This recall is not related to the Takata corp issue that has impacted multiple brands globally.

Ford India exports the EcoSport to various markets world-over including Australia, South Africa, Taiwan and several European countries. So far the recall has only been confirmed in Australia. In India, curtain airbags are standard with the Titanium AT and Titanium (O) variants.

Source: CarAdvice
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 12:07   #8333
Senior - BHPian

My car just came back from the 20k service and i've noticed that its become really sluggish. The clutch feels heavy and the excellent driveability in traffic has reduced. Its almost as if the turbo kicks in a good 200rpm later (tho i haven't checked this exactly).

Did anyone feel the same after service? What could be the reason?
Old 9th December 2014, 14:54   #8334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Did anyone feel the same after service? What could be the reason?
Please check the engine oil level when the engine is cold. Similar thing happened to my Ecosport during first service wherein they had filled 400 ml extra oil, the car lost all the pep and was moving like a dead horse.

3.8L is for TDCi and 4.3 litre for 1.5 petrol, svc guys filled in 4.3 in mine which was way extra. The oil level was way above max so sent the car back and got it drained, i did raise hell at ford india and service centre and got due apologies from both.

Do get it checked.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 11:12   #8335
BHPian

I observed something unusual about the audio system after about 25K Kms of use - in the last fortnight or so on two different occasions I noticed that it randomly connects to an extra terrestrial source . It displays **21153** on the screen (ambiente - 2 liner mono display) with a countdown timer that lasts for close to 25 secs. After which it switches back to the original source. The 1st time it did, it sounded like some AM type radio reception playing one of those Arijit Singh songs. Second time it was mute

Not sure if it's worth investigating further however thought to share and learn if someone else has experienced something similar
Old 10th December 2014, 12:00   #8336
BHPian

Ford EcoSport's Nov'14 sales falls to 3842 units. Considering EcoSport's sales have been averaging at almost 4800 units per month over the past few months, this is a bit strange.
Old 10th December 2014, 13:28   #8337
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Ford EcoSport's Nov'14 sales falls to 3842 units. Considering EcoSport's sales have been averaging at almost 4800 units per month over the past few months, this is a bit strange.
The initial hype of this Ford is OVER, that's why. This model is also available in CSD and Police Canteens, which is a sure way to increase sagging sales.
Old 10th December 2014, 16:29   #8338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car just came back from the 20k service and i've noticed that its become really sluggish. The clutch feels heavy and the excellent driveability in traffic has reduced.
Any update on this, Nilesh? Did you try what coolboy007 had suggested? Also, was your engine air filter replaced or just cleaned, and was it put back correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Please check the engine oil level when the engine is cold.
Old 11th December 2014, 10:48   #8339
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, was WFH so didn't even go near the car for 2days.

But this morning, i checked the level and it is between the min-max range. I also checked the service invoice and they have charged me for 3.8ltrs of NF5W30.

Makes me wonder now what is causing the car to bo so sluggish. Will check the RPM today to see if it peps up around 1400RPM like it used to or it only wakes up at slightly higher RPM.
Old 11th December 2014, 12:32   #8340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will check the RPM today to see if it peps up around 1400RPM like it used to or it only wakes up at slightly higher RPM.
The other thing to try is to reset your ECU - by disconnecting one of your battery terminals for about 15 minutes, and then reconnecting it and taking it for a drive for about 15 minutes, driving normally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks