Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 20:49   #8191
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Congratulations.

The 15in tyres would have helped soften the drive on tough terrain vs the top end with 16in.
Also not having the spare Tyre cover would help in such terrain else it is a sure rattle spot besides making handling puncture situations a bit more convenient.

Pls do start a travelogue and post a lot more snaps.
actually I was thinking to swap the stock tyre with 205/70-15 continental cross contact AT before the trip, but later I found it to be unavailable in the above said size. only reputed AT tyre available in the above size is Yokohama geolander but found it has soft sidewalls hence left the idea. the wheel cover I feel waste of money at least who have alloy wheel spares. ecosport is one of few cars available in India with five sekcy alloy wheels but then we cover it with plastic by paying additional 12 grands. no offence to anyone, to each his own. the car was first crank start in whole trip not withstanding the frozen windscreen washer fluid which I earlier thought that it has got empty. amazing trip.
Old 28th October 2014, 09:29   #8192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
sorry bhpians for reporting late. recently I cherished my self driven trip to ladakh. we were two people with luggage for ten days. it was from 24th sept to 30 sept during which we visited khardung LA, hunder valley, pangong tso, shey palace, hemis monastery. the main point of posting here is my ecosport performed flawlessly on each and every terrain. its high ground clearance proved its bit and the car never bottomed though the roads were very unforgiving. diesel engine proved very tractable and never felt breathless whatever the altitude. the roads were generally good apart from bad patches here n there. the car gave an average of 16.8 kmpl for whole trip. the icing on the cake is we did return leg of leh to manali i.e 490 kms in one day and that too only mine 100% driving. we encountered one puncture at baralacha LA while returning but it was an experience to remember. after having dinner at manali we planned to return Punjab in night itself but sense prevailed and we called the day at manali. overall the car performed brilliantly on whole tour and one thing i can vouch for is its built quality. earlier I was a little apprehensive about its interior plastics and rattles but after rallying through the valleys, my car is still rattle proof, touch wood. may God help everyone to achieve his/ her dreams. now I have finally Leh'd.
Nice to read about your journey and great to know that the baby SUV acquitted itself creditably. I have always felt it is the perfect vehicle for such trips. Looking forward to some more pics.
Old 28th October 2014, 18:29   #8193
BHPian

Hi I have been hearing a small cranky noise from somewhere behind the right side rear seat. It sounded metallic and assume from somewhere on the body (probably joints)
This is regular on patchy roads where the car is subject to small wobbling and vibration.

I heard from a colleague of mine saying that he had the same issue and he said there is something with the joint on the same spot and it is regular with Ford Figo.

I still havent taken it to the service centre as yet, thought I would understand better from bhpians before listening to clueless explanations from kariali ford guys.
Old 28th October 2014, 19:47   #8194
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Hi I have been hearing a small cranky noise from somewhere behind the right side rear seat. It sounded metallic and assume from somewhere on the body (probably joints)
This is regular on patchy roads where the car is subject to small wobbling and vibration.

I heard from a colleague of mine saying that he had the same issue and he said there is something with the joint on the same spot and it is regular with Ford Figo.

I still havent taken it to the service centre as yet, thought I would understand better from bhpians before listening to clueless explanations from kariali ford guys.
Faced something similar. It is a known issue ford service centres. They I don't remember exactly either put in a packing or weld or bend away between two sheets of metal on the inside and outside of the body towards one of the rear fenders.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 20:09   #8195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
sorry bhpians for reporting late. recently I cherished my self driven trip to ladakh. we were two people with luggage for ten days. it was from 24th sept to 30 sept during which we visited khardung LA, hunder valley, pangong tso, shey palace, hemis monastery. the main point of posting here is my ecosport performed flawlessly on each and every terrain. its high ground clearance proved its bit and the car never bottomed though the roads were very unforgiving. diesel engine proved very tractable and never felt breathless whatever the altitude. the roads were generally good apart from bad patches here n there. the car gave an average of 16.8 kmpl for whole trip. the icing on the cake is we did return leg of leh to manali i.e 490 kms in one day and that too only mine 100% driving. we encountered one puncture at baralacha LA while returning but it was an experience to remember. after having dinner at manali we planned to return Punjab in night itself but sense prevailed and we called the day at manali. overall the car performed brilliantly on whole tour and one thing i can vouch for is its built quality. earlier I was a little apprehensive about its interior plastics and rattles but after rallying through the valleys, my car is still rattle proof, touch wood. may God help everyone to achieve his/ her dreams. now I have finally Leh'd.
Firstly congratulations on your drive and owning the Ecosport which took you to Ladakh and back.

Can you let us know if its a petrol 1 L, 1.5 L or the diesel?

Please share your travelogue. Looking forward to not only see pics but also your planning and experience.
Old 28th October 2014, 20:18   #8196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Faced something similar. It is a known issue ford service centres. They I don't remember exactly either put in a packing or weld or bend away between two sheets of metal on the inside and outside of the body towards one of the rear fenders.
I have it too. I thought it's from the tailgate. Heard from my friend who is working at Ford that most of their pre launch test vehicles have this sound. They havent used a strong tailgate as seen in proper SUV's sporting the wheel outside. A definite cost cutting here.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 21:59   #8197
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Happy to let you all know that I have been selected to attend a customer connect event with the Ford’s engineering team from Germany that worked on the development of the Ecosport. The essence of the event is to collect the feedback directly from the customers to help them work on the future products accordingly.

I have listed a few points that I would highlight to them. However, to make it more effective, would like to know from you all any specific issues / feedbacks that you would want to highlighted to them.

Also, if by chance anyone else has also received the invitation, please connect with me. It would be nice to meet you at the event.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 08:53   #8198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Hi Folks,
Happy to let you all know that I have been selected to attend a customer connect event with the Ford’s engineering team from Germany that worked on the development of the Ecosport. The essence of the event is to collect the feedback directly from the customers to help them work on the future products accordingly.

I have listed a few points that I would highlight to them. However, to make it more effective, would like to know from you all any specific issues / feedbacks that you would want to highlighted to them.

Also, if by chance anyone else has also received the invitation, please connect with me. It would be nice to meet you at the event.
Ask them to develop a AWD variant of the Ecosport with an AMT or fully Automatic gearbox. And preferably with a more powerful version of the 1.0L ecoboost engine!

Last edited by sridhar-v : 29th October 2014 at 08:55. Reason: Added comment
Old 29th October 2014, 09:56   #8199
Senior - BHPian

Hello folks, I have been searching for the post which mentions on how to disable the service indicator, but not able to find the same.
Can someone here help me to figure it out?
I had done the service little early and after about 400 KM the indicator has started glowing up.
Old 29th October 2014, 10:58   #8200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Hello folks, I have been searching for the post which mentions on how to disable the service indicator, but not able to find the same.
Can someone here help me to figure it out?
Here you go, details below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Did you wait for the service reminder to appear? Here's what I followed:
Press the start button (or turn the ignition) and wait for the service reminder to come. Once that's displayed, press the accelerator and brake together and hold it for 30 seconds. The reminder will disappear and will appear for the next service.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 12:34   #8201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have it too. I thought it's from the tailgate. Heard from my friend who is working at Ford that most of their pre launch test vehicles have this sound. They havent used a strong tailgate as seen in proper SUV's sporting the wheel outside. A definite cost cutting here.
Quote:
Thanks for this, I am taking my car to the service Center this Saturday. Any idea on how long will this take?

Also, my friend who drove my Ecosport told me that, there is a lot of noise while the car is being taken on half clutch. For instance, once we move to 1st gear and when the car starts rolling, there is a lot of noise (something like the engine knocking while on top gears and low speed). He told me that he never had the same on the other Ecosport he has driven. I never noticed this till now. Is this normal.

Added to that, he told me that the clutch is narrow and deep compared to the other car he has driven. I have felt the same before, but thought its normal.

Can someone throw some light on this. If there is something to be done, I will get this done along with the welding issue.
Thanks in advance
Old 29th October 2014, 14:30   #8202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Hi Folks,
Happy ....

Can you please list down the points that you have noted.

Some of the pain point that I have read multiple times in this forum are thick A pillar , noisy engine and an EPS steering which is unlike any other Fords.
Old 29th October 2014, 16:37   #8203
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this, I am taking my car to the service Center this Saturday. Any idea on how long will this take?

Also, my friend who drove my Ecosport told me that, there is a lot of noise while the car is being taken on half clutch. For instance, once we move to 1st gear and when the car starts rolling, there is a lot of noise (something like the engine knocking while on top gears and low speed). He told me that he never had the same on the other Ecosport he has driven. I never noticed this till now. Is this normal.

Added to that, he told me that the clutch is narrow and deep compared to the other car he has driven. I have felt the same before, but thought its normal.

Can someone throw some light on this. If there is something to be done, I will get this done along with the welding issue.
Thanks in advance
Max 2 hers extra beyond other work that you may assign.
Don't know about any such half clutch sound. It as such shouldn't be driven for more than a moment or a second in half clutch.

Get the clutch / pedal checked could be an issue with the bearing or clutch fluid level. But you too would have felt it normally.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 16:46   #8204
BHPian

Quote:
Max 2 hers extra beyond other work that you may assign.
Don't know about any such half clutch sound. It as such shouldn't be driven for more than a moment or a second in half clutch.

Get the clutch / pedal checked could be an issue with the bearing or clutch fluid level. But you too would have felt it normally.
Thanks for the tip.

Again here the thing is I nevert felt anything unusual. I felt it like "thats how my car is".
Usually i donot use clutch so much, but this is just when the car starts rolling on first gear, it is not there when there is a lot of acceleration. But again that acceleration might be to much for the car to move. Thats a bit confusing.
Anyway let me get this checked.
Old 29th October 2014, 16:46   #8205
BHPian

Guys, I am seeing Ecosport promotions on TV in recent days. Has the wait time gone down and there is quick availability? Earlier, I think they just relied on word of mouth publicity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks