Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2014, 19:40   #8146
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Hi , my ecosport is finally ready for delivery . The guys from the accessories dept spoke with me and are insistent on having the following installed

1) Rear tyre cover (12500/-)
2) Engine guard installed (8700/-)
3) Rear view camera (14000/-)
4) Teflon coating & Underbody coating (10500/-)

I am not too keen on 1,3,4 ...but 2) Engine guard ....does it make any difference ?
I have asked them just for scuff plates & a car cover.
@Endless... the rear tyre cover is available on ebay at 8499/-. Maybe you should check that out first. Here is the link --
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Premium-Quali...cb889ba&_uhb=1

They seem to have all the colours.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 21:24   #8147
BHPian

Thanks for the info Arun. I am getting a silver1.0 ecoboost. Delivery is on Saturday. I have bought my vehicle at elite ford. The sales advisor was not pushy or being adamant, about it. Just had my doubts. Anyways I have just asked for a vehicle cover, scuff plates and maybe the engine guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Congratulations. Which variant are you getting? And which dealer.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 22:32   #8148
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport Nuts & Spanner Issue

Dear BHPians

No wonder Ecosport is a Sturdy Beast from Ford and it doesn't throw any tantrums whatsoever but I came across such a Minor Issue which Ford could've averted at no extra or negligible cost! Imagine you're in the Middle of no where and the Tyre gets Punctured, you're left to the Mercy of a Scissor Jack (Yes, no Bottle Jack for a High Ground Clearance Ecosport), an Innovative Spanner (I loved the Design but loathe the Practicality) and Wheel Nuts which Wear Out rather Easily!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa002.jpg
Touches the Body Quiet Easily

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa003.jpg
Dear Ford, you could've Poka Yoked - Made it Fool Proof

No, I'm not a Newbie. I changed the First Punctured Wheel way back in 2005 when the Driver Training Car had a Puncture and since then, I'm not worried of having my hands dirty. I know where to place the Jack, how to Tighten the Nuts (Opposites First) and Yes, how to Exactly Fit the Spanner in the Nut! Unfortunately, all my Learning went down the Drain on my most Loved Ride because you supplied it with Nuts which became Free and a Spanner which I believe isn't Forged like the Older ones and Easily Prone having its Grooves worn out, atleast you could've supplied a Hardened Spanner!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa004.jpg
Used only Once and Useless!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa005.jpg
Only if we had Colgate for Spanners, this would've been Smiling

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa006.jpg

Then comes the Jack, the good old Scissor type! The Spanner has a wonderful design which doubles up as the Jack Rotator, means Rotate the Spanner Clockwise for 180 degrees, remove it and redo. You can't increase the Jack's height without using the Spanner as is the case with the General Design, it's a bit difficult if you desire doing so. It takes a good time to first reach those 200mm of Ground Clearance the Ecosport has and then the Mighty Beast is Really Heavy, a Heavy Person like me had good time Pushing it up.

I was at home when I noticed the Puncture on Sunday (Holiday) and inspite of having BK Tyres nearby I decided to undertake the Exercise myself and have it given to them!

Fast Forward, the Tyre is back from them and I put it up on the Hub. Manually Tightened the Opposite Nuts first followed by slightly doing it using the Spanner. Lowered the Jack and started tightening the Nuts using Spanner, had successfully completed the major exercise which requires less force and while doing the final tightening, Spanner rather slipped on the nuts!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa009.jpg
No wonder whose the Victim, Nut or Spanner

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa011.jpg
All the 4 Deformed Nuts - Click to Open the Full Size Picture

The Nuts were deformed and the Inner Grooves of the Spanner was Worn out. Since BK Tyres Employee was there with me, I asked him to get his Spanner but even that didn't work. So I'm running with Almost Tightened Nuts and not Fully Tightened ones 'coz Ford left me in a Lurch!

Not everyone is Lucky to have seen the Puncture at their Home and that too on a Holiday! What if I had been somewhere in the Countryside? Will Ford own it up and order Replacement on all the Ecosports sold, I'm emailing them and adamant on a Free Replacement of better ones.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa001.jpg
The New Spanner - 19mm Adapter Fixes onto the Rod

Another Damage was towards a New Spanner, the same one seen with Tyre Shops with a Long Handle! It has a 19mm Head which fits Ecosport, knows as 19 Number Goti in Local Language!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20141015wa000.jpg
Ford, this does Work but then your Wheel Nuts are prone to Deforming!

And Yes, I'm not Alone! This Guy used Nuts of Ford Figo as Replacement on his Ecosport as seen on another complaint in http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...eview-457.html

Last edited by tsk13 : 15th October 2014 at 22:34.
tsk13 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 01:52   #8149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Today i had a 20km run with 5 moderately built adults on board, zero luggage, and AC in full blast since it was mid noon. My 1.5 AT was really struggling to pull. Even for normal acceleration, i had to floor the throttle, and let the gearbox drop a gear or two, RPMs constantly visiting the 4K-5K range.
Looking at your experience, I think you have a faulty engine. My AT in the same circumstances never go beyond 3500 rpm. Only problem I occasionally face is getting the gear downshift from 6th when you need to overtake on highway - and you do need to use the triptronic here. City rides - the car accelerates up to 60kmph fast - faster than the diesel, but then it does slow down.
Old 17th October 2014, 10:17   #8150
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

I noticed a feature in the locking system of my Ecosport I wonder if anyone has figured it out or not. I don't know if everyone knows about this so I'm sharing for the same reason.

While locking the car with the central locking with any door or boot open, the central locking locks all the doors except the one that is open without blinking the indicators and as soon as you close the door or boot it automatically gets locked up and the indicators blink indicating that all the doors and boot have been locked. I got to know this after almost 1.5 years of owning an Ecosport.
the13thtee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 11:53   #8151
BHPian

Another silent price hike for ECOSPORT ???

Another silent price hike???

Last when I had checked the prices in end september, this was the pricing:

1.5P Ambiente
Petrol (solid) - 644,409
GUWAHATI

Now today, i checked again and this is what i see

1.5P Ambiente
Petrol (solid) - 659,167
GUWAHATI

Official pricelists for both Sept & Oct months are attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BlobServer_Sep.PDF (511.8 KB, 720 views)
File Type: pdf BlobServer_Oct.pdf (515.6 KB, 692 views)
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 12:51   #8152

Re: Another silent price hike for ECOSPORT ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Another silent price hike???

Last when I had checked the prices in end september, this was the pricing:

1.5P Ambiente
Petrol (solid) - 644,409
GUWAHATI

Now today, i checked again and this is what i see

1.5P Ambiente
Petrol (solid) - 659,167
GUWAHATI

Official pricelists for both Sept & Oct months are attached
That is quite a huge price increase at a very odd time. When others are giving festive discounts, Ford goes the other way?
Old 17th October 2014, 16:42   #8153
BHPian

I am forced to test fuel efficiency of my EcoBoost car, after I got a feeling that off late I am getting very less fuel efficiency. Here are the two extreme instances.
1) I went in to Hyderabad Outer ring road for an economy fuel efficiency test. Kept the speed between 80 and 100 always. Drive for 80 KM. With 100% A/C on. The figure I got was 18.9. (With tankful to tankful)
2) I went on a long trip to Vijayawada and Guntur. The RPM needle was always around 4-5 K. And in a 832 KM round trip I got an overall mileage of 9.6

What I learned in the last year, if you drive light foot, this engine will give you very good mileage and if you want to take the power out of the engine, the mileage drops drastically
Old 17th October 2014, 22:13   #8154
BHPian

Immediately after the 10000Km second service, I noticed that the engine oil level in the dip stick less than the mid point though I was billed for 3.8Ltrs of oil. Now my Ecosport has run 17500Kms and when I check the oil level (when the engine is cold) the oil is at almost the last indicated level.

Should I do a top-up now or can I wait till the 3rd service which I would do by the time I cover 19500Km? If I can do the top up, can anyone who has done it before let me know the brand that you used. I was told that they use Castrol at the service center.
Old 18th October 2014, 00:11   #8155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Should I do a top-up now or can I wait till the 3rd service which I would do by the time I cover 19500Km?
Given the level hasn't dropped in the last ~7000 km, it appears safe to wait until the next service.

Quote:
If I can do the top up, can anyone who has done it before let me know the brand that you used. I was told that they use Castrol at the service center.
However, if you still wish to do the top up, why don't you get it done at the Ford service center itself, to ensure you get compatible oil? Just ensure that you're by your vehicle during this, so you can also confirm the oil level.

BTW, which version are you using? Ford's manual recommends 5W-20 oil for both petrol engines (1.0 EcoBoost and 1.5 Ti-VCT), and 5W-30 for the TDCi diesel engine.
Old 18th October 2014, 06:04   #8156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Immediately after the 10000Km second service, I noticed that the engine oil level in the dip stick less than the mid point though I was billed for 3.8Ltrs of oil. Now my Ecosport has run 17500Kms and when I check the oil level (when the engine is cold) the oil is at almost the last indicated level.
As the level of oil is at the same level as at 10K Kms, there is nothing to worry and can rest assured that the engine is ticking fine.Leave it at that and have a check every fortnight, at least.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 16:09   #8157
BHPian

What is the risk of getting the ecosport hoisted on a roadside hoist for underbody washing?
At the service center they hoist it on 4-post hoist, but the road side washers have two parallel hoists which go between the tires.
Old 20th October 2014, 19:35   #8158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
However they seem to have given you a different grade of oil (10W-30) during your servicing.

I don't have the Indian version of the EcoSport manual to hand, but could you please check the relevant pages to see what is the spec of engine oil for the 1.5 Duratec TiVCT engine that Ford recommends?
Sorry for the delayed response. I have checked the user manual. For 1.5 TiVCT Sigma Engine, Oil specification is 5W-30. For Ecoboost, either 5W-20 or 5W-30 can be used.

For Mumbai weather, I guess 10W-30 (instead of 5W-30) for 1.5 TiVCT Sigma Engine will be fine. Not planning to take it to Leh in the near future

The engine oil specifications page from user manual is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20141020_131343.jpg  

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 20th October 2014 at 19:54.
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 14:20   #8159
Senior - BHPian

We received our Ecosport AT on third of this month, got the reg no in the newly started series MH-12 LJ xxxx )

Did only about 1000 km till now, the efficiency showing on the MID is 7.8 km/L initially and now has gradually increased to 8.4 km/L the instantaneous efficiency on the dash varies between 5 to 30 but remains just above 15 while cruising at about 40-50 on city main roads.

This is our first AT car and will be mostly driven by my dad with the POLO exclusively for me, and WagonR handed over to our office staff. I find that the up shift occurs later than when I'd shift in a manual while driving sedately, but too early than what I like while driving briskly. Can I get any tips for better efficiency from experienced AT users.

Rahul
Old 22nd October 2014, 00:56   #8160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
We received our Ecosport AT on third of this month, got the reg no in the newly started series MH-12 LJ xxxx )

Did only about 1000 km till now, the efficiency showing on the MID is 7.8 km/L initially and now has gradually increased to 8.4 km/L the instantaneous efficiency on the dash varies between 5 to 30 but remains just above 15 while cruising at about 40-50 on city main roads.

Rahul
Ride with a light foot - In D mode upshifts happen at around 2500 rpm. When you start try to get to 2500rpm quickly - this would take the car to 3rd or 4th by the time you cross 40kmph and 5th by 60kmph. After that try to keep the rpm under 2000. You should ideally get a city mileage of 11km/litre.

On highway, use of triptronic is recommended. Car slots into 6th gear by the time you cross 80kmph. 120kmph comes in 6th gear around 2500 rpm - that means there is enough juice left, but 6th gear is too tall to use it. You will have to manually downshift to 5th or preferably 4th to get going from here. Highway trips should give you a mileage of 15km/litre.

Your mileage should improve gradually and should settle after 2nd service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks