Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2014, 11:54   #6646
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I'll need to check this physically, but from the way this looks, can't you just try and push it in firmly, while twisting it at the same time? This takes a bit of practice, but you should be able to do it.
I'll also go back home, take it off, and try doing it myself.
I tried to push firmly but was afraid to put more force as the insert might break. Will give it a try again today evening with calm mind and see if it works
Thank you!
Old 5th March 2014, 12:08   #6647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Thanks for the input , but sorry mine is a Manual Transmission .Guys one more query .Its reg walk/guide me home lights ,spoke to the manager from the showroom i picked up according to him he says it only works if i keep the headlamps knob turned on then switch off the car and after i lock it it glows for few 10 -15 secs ,i tried this but as soon as i open the door its starts beeping that the parking light in on ....any suggestion here....will help.
Mine is Titanium (p) MT .
You dont need to keep the headlight switch on for this to work. After switching off the engine, pull the headlight lever towards you. The headlights will flash and you will hear a short tone. Once you get out of the vehicle, look the doors and the light will stay on for 30 seconds.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 14:31   #6648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Well, if you're planning on a new system, buy the one from Autocop or JPM. They truly are durable and quite accurate in their functioning aspect.
I guess I'll be replacing the sensors, thanks to the 1 year Warranty from the Ford Dealer. I asked the dealer for Autocop but they have some sort of tie-up with this 3T, so they didn't agree for that.
Old 5th March 2014, 20:57   #6649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
While trying to open the bonnet by mistake my hand hit the small rubber insert on the edge and fell of instantly . I was not able to put it back, have to take it to the dealer to get it fixed.

See the highlighted part of the picture. That's were it was originally and now missing. You can notice the similar rubber insert on the opposite side.
This is an idiotically designed insert. It happened to me too and after a lot of effort I gave it up. I will get it done when I go for a service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I'll need to check this physically, but from the way this looks, can't you just try and push it in firmly, while twisting it at the same time? This takes a bit of practice, but you should be able to do it.
I'll also go back home, take it off, and try doing it myself.
Don't even try it. You wont be able to get it back

Last edited by Eddy : 5th March 2014 at 23:57. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
sunny1974 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 02:10   #6650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input , but sorry mine is a Manual Transmission .Guys one more query .Its reg walk/guide me home lights ,spoke to the manager from the showroom i picked up according to him he says it only works if i keep the headlamps knob turned on then switch off the car and after i lock it it glows for few 10 -15 secs ,i tried this but as soon as i open the door its starts beeping that the parking light in on ....any suggestion here....will help.
Mine is Titanium (p) MT .
with naveen raju.
You never have to keep the headlight switch in ON position when you lock the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I was not able to put it back, have to take it to the dealer to get it.
As roy said try to twist and insert it together, also a steel spoke like that of a cycle or bike can be used for extra help.

I removed and refitted mine today, it was easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
I guess I'll be replacing the sensors, thanks to the 1 year Warranty from the Ford Dealer. I asked the dealer for Autocop but they have some sort of tie-up with this 3T, so they didn't agree for that.
I think your dealer is misguiding you, Ford has a tie up with auto cop.
And auto cop products are quite reliable.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 6th March 2014 at 02:11.
ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 11:28   #6651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I think your dealer is misguiding you, Ford has a tie up with auto cop.
And auto cop products are quite reliable.
What should I do now? How can I get them replaced? Should I talk to the SA or write to Ford Customer Care?
Old 6th March 2014, 13:29   #6652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What should I do now? How can I get them replaced? Should I talk to the SA or write to Ford Customer Care?
Tell them that you already have the information about autocop and if they dont comply, will lodge a complain with Ford India.

Auto cop reverse sensors are supplied in Fords packaging, ask him to show you one sealed set and check

That should do the trick
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 18:20   #6653
BHPian

Quote:
Tell them that you already have the information about autocop and if they dont comply, will lodge a complain with Ford India.
Sounds good. I'll have a word with the dealer, and share whatever happens.

Cheers !
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 08:54   #6654
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

1)What I understand is that you got your second servicing done at around 9400km.

2) The Ford guys forgot to reset your service interval alarm at 9400km hence it went off around 10000km.
Went to the workshop yesterday and they said, they reset the alarm so it seems alright now. When asked why didn't they reset it earlier, I was told that it can be reset only once it shows up and there is no way for them to reset it before hand. I found it strange, but anyway I hope it was just the interval alarm and nothing more. Will know after I use the car for a day or two more.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 11:08   #6655
BHPian

Quote:
As roy said try to twist and insert it together, also a steel spoke like that of a cycle or bike can be used for extra help.

I removed and refitted mine today, it was easy
I was able to refit the insert back using a very thin metal pointer. Fitted perfectly
Thank you!
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 13:17   #6656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Went to the workshop yesterday and they said, they reset the alarm so it seems alright now. When asked why didn't they reset it earlier, I was told that it can be reset only once it shows up and there is no way for them to reset it before hand. I found it strange, but anyway I hope it was just the interval alarm and nothing more. Will know after I use the car for a day or two more.
they are just trying to cover up their mistake.
So they mean to say the customer has to panic every time
Old 7th March 2014, 15:07   #6657
BHPian

Quote:
Having a problem while calling out a name to for an out going call for eg if i want to call preeti it dials dipti or keerthi and i have to disconnect the call through mobile as the operation from the steering wheel switch is very slow.
try prefixing numbers to your frequently called numbers

like put it as 1 preeti , 2 home etc

it then 'understands" better
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 16:36   #6658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
try prefixing numbers to your frequently called numbers

like put it as 1 preeti , 2 home etc

it then 'understands" better

Guess what ? that is what i did and it works perfect .
Another query does it always download the phones address book?as this takes some time .
shivkumar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 17:46   #6659
BHPian

Quote:
does it always download the phones address book?as this takes some time .
I guess the downloading of the address book happens only at the time of pairing, after which it loads it from the system's memory. I believe it has a limit (1000) to the number of contacts it can store. Correct me if I'm wrong.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 19:32   #6660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess the downloading of the address book happens only at the time of pairing, after which it loads it from the system's memory. I believe it has a limit (1000) to the number of contacts it can store. Correct me if I'm wrong.
with you .
Sync takes in only 1000 contacts and after that it does not recognize rest of the contacts.

My note 3 has 6000 contact so the sync doesnt recognize beyond alphabet "G" so I assign the alphabet "A" prefixed against my frequent contacts.

For example for sirish, I store it as "A Sirish cand the sync shows it up on MID when I get an incoming call from sirish.
Before prefixing A, I used to get only the number.

Hope it helps.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks