Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:11   #6796
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Welcome aboard highwaycruizer. Have a pleasant stay here.
Regarding tweeters our mods expert ecosport rules got them installed long back. IIRC he had installed Hertz DT-24.3 and stated that the outcome was fair. You can PM him for further guidance. Here's his handle ecosport rules.
I checked with FORD SA here in Bangalore. He said its not possible now, as from october onwards ford is not providing wiring for the tweeters, which was present in the early lot of ecosports. Is this true ?
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:31   #6797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
I checked with FORD SA here in Bangalore. He said its not possible now, as from october onwards ford is not providing wiring for the tweeters, which was present in the early lot of ecosports. Is this true ?
Well, AFAIK there was never a separate wiring provided for tweeters and there is no need to draw new wiring from the HU as well. You just need to connect the tweeter wires to the speakers. ecosport rules can help you better in this.
Pferdestarke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 23:05   #6798
BHPian

Quote:
Tweeters are avialble only on AT. On the other models there is no separate wiring for tweeters. We need to take the out from the main speakers and connect it to tweeters. I took my car to the service centre to check the availability of the wiring. I also went with Hertz dt 24.3, but I felt that it is of higher wattage and as a result, the treble of the tweeters on a higher side.
Old 3rd April 2014, 23:12   #6799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Tweeters are avialble only on AT. On the other models there is no separate wiring for tweeters. We need to take the out from the main speakers and connect it to tweeters. I took my car to the service centre to check the availability of the wiring. I also went with Hertz dt 24.3, but I felt that it is of higher wattage and as a result, the treble of the tweeters on a higher side.
Anumod did you had to cut the wiring for speakers to attach the Tweeters ?
Old 4th April 2014, 02:43   #6800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all, Just got my membership approved, Thanks to the Mods.
I have a question for EcoSport owners. Has somebody installed Tweeters on the TDCI Titanium version in last 3-4 Months
Welcome on board.
Ecosport never came with tweeters or wiring for tweeters.
Only the AT version had factory fitted tweeters.

I have installed Hertz dt 24.3 and they are just fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Just called up 2 Ford Dealers in Delhi, for the signature headlamps. They haven't even heard of anything of that sort yet. I guess I'll have to wait.
All the dealers have received the mail from Ford.
It is possible that you are not talking to the right guy at the dealership.

Quote:
Not true.
Ecosport never came with any wiring even in early lots, mine was the first car to be delivered in India (was delivered on 26th June 2013)

Hertz tweeters come with their own wiring and crossovers so you dont need any kind of wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I also went with Hertz dt 24.3, but I felt that it is of higher wattage and as a result, the treble of the tweeters on a higher side.
Treble is very subjective and you can adjust it to your personal liking.
Ecosport has bass, treble and mid range adjustment

Last edited by ecosport rules : 4th April 2014 at 02:51.
ecosport rules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 09:10   #6801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
Eagerly waiting for the same. Kindly do detail the procedure followed for installing the same and also the exact impact that the same had on your wallet.
As it is new ,they want to do a trial and error fitting on their demo vehicle and then open to customers , price around 14 k and no exchange. Will have to wait till the weekend .
shivkumar19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 09:27   #6802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
True Ecosport Rules, My SA had called and the DRLs have arrived at the showroom , I am having them installed this evening will keep you guys updated and also some pics too.
Which dealership in Bangalore is this that has them in stock?
Old 4th April 2014, 09:57   #6803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Undoubtedly the genuine Ford accessory.
Just add the bixenons to the new headlamps and you are good to go.
How much will good brand bixenons cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
The Xenons would be more beneficial than the DRL'S
Do you have the pics of the setup?
The modder mailed me the sample pictures of a headlamp assembly he has already worked on. Here goes the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1150629_617226244977549_152853794_o.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1237447_625507827482724_399554338_o.jpg  

Last edited by the13thtee : 4th April 2014 at 10:06. Reason: Addition of content
Old 4th April 2014, 10:39   #6804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Which dealership in Bangalore is this that has them in stock?

@Vid6639 its Cauvery ford.

A query to all , The SA says the DRL glows when the parking switch is turned on,but in that way doesn't the tail lamp and the number plate light also glows with it the whole day, is it the same with the Audis and the BMWs of the world?
Old 4th April 2014, 10:40   #6805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Vid6639 its Cauvery ford.

A query to all , The SA says the DRL glows when the parking switch is turned on,but in that way doesn't the tail lamp and the number plate light also glows with it the whole day, is it the same with the Audis and the BMWs of the world?
No that's not how DRL's work. DRL's turn on when the car is switched on. When you turn on parking lights the DRL's are supposed to turn off.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 11:16   #6806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No that's not how DRL's work. DRL's turn on when the car is switched on. When you turn on parking lights the DRL's are supposed to turn off.
with you. I guess they are doing the same thing as the aftermarket modders do, just connecting the DRLs to the parking lights that's it. Also, they know that people will prefer genuine accessories (you don't know where are the ford dealers importing the DRLs from though) for the purpose of warranty of their vehicle. That is the reasoning they are pricing it at 14K with no exchange of old headlamps.
Old 4th April 2014, 14:49   #6807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...A query to all , The SA says the DRL glows when the parking switch is turned on,but in that way doesn't the tail lamp and the number plate light also glows with it the whole day, is it the same with the Audis and the BMWs of the world?
This will also light up every bulb in the centre console. They need to do a different approach to have the DRLs lighted up without operating the park light switch.

Otherwise, the DRLs can be connected by a different switch so that it can be operated separately.
Old 4th April 2014, 15:16   #6808
BHPian

I'm interested in the Petrol 1.5 version and here in Baroda, my working city, Cargo Ford has said it is not taking bookings for any of the petrol versions while the same dealer in Ahmedabad is saying they have some readily available petrol versions available.

I find this strange that two cities which are just 100 kms. apart, having the same ford dealer are taking bookings differently. I believe Ford should ensure that all models are available at all cities, after all they have launched different models and it's their duty to ensure the customer gets what he/she wants.
Old 4th April 2014, 15:33   #6809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Cargo Ford has said it is not taking bookings for any of the petrol versions while the same dealer in Ahmedabad is saying they have some readily available petrol versions available.
Why don't you buy the car from Ahmedabad and drive it along as the run would be hardly 100kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
I find this strange that two cities which are just 100 kms. apart, having the same ford dealer are taking bookings differently. I believe Ford should ensure that all models are available at all cities, after all they have launched different models and it's their duty to ensure the customer gets what he/she wants.
Trust me, there's an intense debate going on regarding Ford India's fiasco in clearing the backlog. As a matter of fact, you should consider yourself lucky that ecosport is available off the shelf for you.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 4th April 2014 at 15:34.
Old 4th April 2014, 17:10   #6810
BHPian

somehow, when I look at Ecosport, Etios Cross, Avventure, only Ecosport looks like a mini SUV while the other 2 looks as if Etios Liva and Punto are on steroids.

Is it just my perception because Ecosport does not have a hatch version while the other 2 have a hatch version already?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks