Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2014, 14:45   #6766
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
I am in market for a new car and thought of checking with Ford about EcoSport. I contacted their dealers in Bangalore and like many of us have commented, they quoted a waiting time of 4-6 months or beyond considering the supply crunch however the lady at the other end was willing to offer me a white Ecosport Trend Diesel with 98k worth accessories immediately, she quoted that its an "Elite" model from Ford and not fitments done at the dealership. Post accessories, the car will have all features of Titanium albeit Airbags.
Is there such an Elite model rolled out by Ford ? I couldn't find any information on the internet.
Is it advisable to opt for such a model or there might be something fishy with the car (piece in specific) such that they are loading with accessories at a high price and selling it on immediate basis ?
I have a contact of dealer in my native place. Is it possible to get the car from dealer outside Bangalore and then get it registered in Bangalore?
It's a dealer kitted model. The same kitted model was introduced here in Cochin dealership some 4 months back. It's based on the entry level model and comes with alloys (Fiesta type), roof rails, chrome package etc for about 1L. This is mainly targeted for Titanium customers who can now downgrade to a lower model so that the least preferred models will be on demand.
Old 1st April 2014, 21:40   #6767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Is it possible to get the car from dealer outside Bangalore and then get it registered in Bangalore?
You can get temporary registration at your native place and then can be registered at Bangalore, if the rules in KA is similar to KL in this regard.

If your native place is in KA, there is no need to register it in BLR unless you've some specific purpose such as preferred number series, service preference etc.
Old 2nd April 2014, 01:04   #6768
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic approach and departure angle on the Ecosport.

It was an extremely angulated incline and I was surprised to see the Ecosport negotiate it with great ease.(can be understood better if you see the increase in ground clearance depicted by the green arrow.I had to literally jump out of my drivers seat to shoot pictures)

A very well thought out feature for India. kudos to Ford
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140402wa0010.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140402wa0000.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140402wa0003.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140402wa0009.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd April 2014 at 01:07.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 08:58   #6769
Senior - BHPian

^ The Approach Angle is just about average for an SUV-Type vehicle. The Departure angle, and the break-over angle, on the other hand, is quite good, especially if you remove the mud flaps. Ideally I'd have wanted this vehicle to have a bit better Approach.

However, all this is mostly a moot point, in the absence of 4WD or AWD equipment.
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:25   #6770
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, dont know if this is a prank (April Fool) but it seems Ford has introduced the DRL as an aftermarket accessories and it's available in few dealerships. It's around 13k-14k and DRLs are really bright when compared to the aftermarket ones. If this is true, it's good news!

Can somebody confirm this?
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:10   #6771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ok, dont know if this is a prank (April Fool) but it seems Ford has introduced the DRL as an aftermarket accessories and it's available in few dealerships. It's around 13k-14k and DRLs are really bright when compared to the aftermarket ones. If this is true, it's good news!

Can somebody confirm this?
Where is the DRL located Naveen ?
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:15   #6772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Where is the DRL located Naveen ?
Inside the headlight, as seen in ecosport rules car. I'm waiting to hear from my SA on this?
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:17   #6773
BHPian

Quote:
Inside the headlight, as seen in ecosport rules car. I'm waiting to hear from my SA on this?
Guess we get two headlight units for 14K with the new wiring kit for DRL's. That will be good!

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 2nd April 2014 at 15:20.
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:30   #6774
BHPian

Quote:
Great news ! Waiting for your SA's response.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:44   #6775
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, it's confirmed. DRL's now an official accessory from Ford. 14k for a pair of headlights with DRLs including labor. Sadly, no indicator effect on the DRLs as seen in aftermarket ones. The local dealer here just ordered few kits for demo. Official fitment will start soon. Am ordering
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:18   #6776
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, it's confirmed. DRL's now an official accessory from Ford. 14k for a pair of headlights with DRLs including labor. Sadly, no indicator effect on the DRLs as seen in aftermarket ones. The local dealer here just ordered few kits for demo. Official fitment will start soon. Am ordering
Good move by Ford, making it an official accessory from their side. I was wondering if the headlamps are compatible to directly install a bi-xenon HID kit without the projector. Is it possible guys?

Also, do share if the DRLs are ACTUALLY brighter (noticeable) than the after-market ones after the fitment.

Last edited by the13thtee : 2nd April 2014 at 17:27. Reason: Addition of content.
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:23   #6777
BHPian

Quote:
Great! just let us know once you fit the same .

Just want to know how the DRL wiring will be done here so as to know whether guys like me who has already invested on the the DRL - Projector setup has a way to utilize the DRL option .
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:38   #6778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Good move by Ford, making it an official accessory from their side. I was wondering if the headlamps are compatible to directly install a bi-xenon HID kit without the projector. Is it possible guys?

Also, do share if the DRLs are ACTUALLY brighter (noticeable) than the after-market ones after the fitment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Great! just let us know once you fit the same .

Just want to know how the DRL wiring will be done here so as to know whether guys like me who has already invested on the the DRL - Projector setup has a way to utilize the DRL option .
Sure. Will let you know. In fact, they received the mail from Ford only today morning. The guy I talked to didnt have any clue (my SA resigned few months back). Then he finally understood what I wanted. Anyways, I have given my details. He said he would call me when they get the kit. I said I wanted to see the demo first after which I would order it. After waiting for my car, now it's the headlights.
Old 2nd April 2014, 18:36   #6779
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,

Got a confirmation call from Ford chennai that the original headlamp set with DRL will be available as an accessory from Ford itself from weekend or next week.

All you have to is swap the whole assembly. Simple.

The cost for new model is 14000 per pair (with drls but no projectors)
(Old model without DRLs and projectors cost around 11000)

IMHO thats a fantastic price

Now everyone can enjoy the smashing looks of DRL

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd April 2014 at 18:46.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 20:48   #6780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

The cost for new model is 14000 per pair (with drls but no projectors)
(Old model without DRLs and projectors cost around 11000)
How much will a person pay if he needs to get the drls?

Last edited by the13thtee : 2nd April 2014 at 20:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks