Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2014, 18:43   #6676
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Got a chance to look at the invoice given to dealer by Ford. Took a note of the numbers and compiled them.

Items highlighted in yellow are copied from the invoice given to dealer by Ford.
Items highlighted in blue are adjusted to match the ex-showroom price.
Items highlighted in green are copied from the invoice provided by the dealer to hand-over RTO.

I adjusted the percentages to match with numbers provided in the Ford's invoice to dealer.

Only the dealer margin was a self-adjusted amount, all the other numbers were from the invoices.
Attached Images

Apple is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 21:24   #6677
Distinguished - BHPian

Do dealers really only make 10,000 on a 9-lakh car?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 22:56   #6678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They levy handling charges (Rs. 8,500) on the customer. On top of that they make money if insurance is taken from the dealer and no to forget the essential/basic accessories pack that they try to sell . I guess they will make at least 25K easily for EcoSport.
Apple is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 13:22   #6679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Hi,

I got my car serviced last week and went for a 600 kms drive over the weekend. Came back and my car crossed 10k while coming back from work today. I suddenly, saw the above message flashing at a little over 10k. How do I make sure its not a problem. I pulled over and checked the engine oil level but as the engine was hot, I'll check it again tomorrow morning.

If its harmless, how do I get rid of it?
In such cases where the service reminder flashes after the service, apparently it can be got rid of by turning the ignition key to on position and depressing the clutch and accelerator pedals simultaneously for 30 seconds.
laferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 14:26   #6680
BHPian

Planning to give the car for 20000km service tomorrow
Anything particular I should be looking into?
Suggestions are welcome
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 15:59   #6681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Planning to give the car for 20000km service tomorrow
Anything particular I should be looking into?
Suggestions are welcome
We would like to know the service costs and labour costs associated with the first paid service. Also please give us a description of various job works performed as part of the 20k service.
Thanks
laferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 17:58   #6682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
I also have DRLs lying with me for quite sometime. Wondering if the DRLs can be installed through the headlamp/parking lamp holes without opening the lamp assembly?

Dear Anuraj ,what did you do with the DRL ,did you have them fixed ? if yes where and some pics of the same.

Dear All
I have seen many ES on the roads of Bangalore with only the DRL fixed inside the headlamps ,can somebody guide me where can i get one fixed ?
shivkumar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 13:10   #6683
BHPian

I have now tried to use multiple pendrives with my Ecosport AT and every try has been futile. Ecosport does not detect any one of them and the worst part of it is that all the pendrives work in my Swift Vdi without any problem, I dont know if it's just me or others are also facing this problem.

PS: I am an engineer and I have done all kinds of stuff like formatting in different filesystems, use different pendrives including Sony, Transcend, HP etc with different sizes, should I take it to the service center ?
raz0r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 13:39   #6684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Good question. I believe the margin is around 3 to 5% of the ex-showroom price, but I may be wrong. In the pre-independence days, it was as high as 45%.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 17:14   #6685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
I have now tried to use multiple pendrives with my Ecosport AT and every try has been futile. Ecosport does not detect any one of them and the worst part of it is that all the pendrives work in my Swift Vdi without any problem, I dont know if it's just me or others are also facing this problem.

PS: I am an engineer and I have done all kinds of stuff like formatting in different filesystems, use different pendrives including Sony, Transcend, HP etc with different sizes, should I take it to the service center ?
You have no other option but to take it to your service centre. Ask them to take pen drive of any make & show it to you if it is working. If that works you can purchase one of that make, else ask them to fix it.

p.s: When you took the delivery of your car, had you not carried the pen drive & checked if it was playing the songs? This is one of the points in the PDI checklist.
Old 15th March 2014, 17:37   #6686
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone booked the Ecosport 1.0 Ecoboost recently? In Mumbai, all dealer's are promising delivery in 3 months for any variant. Is that true?
Old 16th March 2014, 00:33   #6687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post

I had the same problem of new pendrive not recognizing in Beat, however i found out that the drive was formatted in NTFS and the car only accepts FAT/FAT32. Changing the format to FAT did the trick for me, but i guess you have already done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Has anyone booked the Ecosport 1.0 Ecoboost recently? In Mumbai, all dealer's are promising delivery in 3 months for any variant. Is that true?
Too good to be true. On Jan they quoted me over a year for that. Maybe they increased production or exports have dried up due to lack of demand outside.
Old 16th March 2014, 07:23   #6688
BHPian

Just got my vehicle after the 20000km service

The car sure drives smoother and better.There were a few rattles which has gone (for now?)

Attaching the bill for reference
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Doc 3 (1).pdf (623.7 KB, 984 views)
File Type: pdf New Doc 4.pdf (451.4 KB, 849 views)
jojoinassi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 09:14   #6689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Just got my vehicle after the 20000km service
Attaching the bill for reference
Thanks for the attachments. Total cost seems to acceptable. Even Maruthis will have similar cost for a 20K service.
But only 3.8 Ltrs of engine oil is enough for 1.5L mill? Can experts throw some light?
Old 16th March 2014, 09:21   #6690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
They levy handling charges (Rs. 8,500) on the customer. On top of that they make money if insurance is taken from the dealer and no to forget the essential/basic accessories pack that they try to sell . I guess they will make at least 25K easily for EcoSport.
This is common across the brands. For the New Honda City they charged 9,500 as Handling Charges in Bangalore. The Handling charges are hidden as "Road Tax and Charge". Based on some court ruling this is illegal but no one listens

There was a recent discussion regarding the same on the Honda City Thread: URL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks