Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2014, 23:51   #6721
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
@penpavan , yes this is observed on flat roads mainly , that is when it is audible the most i guess , cant remember a casing for hydraulic rod on the tail gate , anyway i will give it a check on this today itself .
@penpavan - i have checked on the hydraulic rod on the tail gate , yes that is the only visible part which can be termed as loose , however the looseness is part of the ball socket joint design and there is hardly a way we can fix that . There is very less chance of the sound being generated from that part . Kindly let me know if you find a way to fix the sound somehow
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 04:02   #6722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Believe me I did my best to get an allocation but in vain. I used to call the Ford customer care at least a couple of times everyday. They kept on saying some implausible things and tried to take me for a ride. Fed up with their sick attitude I gave a piece of my mind to the dealer and cancelled my booking. Some lucky chap must have got my allocation by now.
It seems Ford's manufacturing of the EcoSport is really lagging behind - I inquired with a couple of Ford dealers in NCR - they're estimating a waiting time of 8 months after booking!

In such a scenario, the dealers don't seem to have anything to loose, as demand far outstrips the supply.
Travis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 11:21   #6723
BHPian

A question to owners using SYNC with iPhone:

Ford's phone compatibility chart says when an incoming call is accepted via the handset, the audio is not routed to the vehicle speakers (audio stays on the handset) but can be transferred to the vehicle system via the vehicle controls. Is this true? This will be really a pain to transfer call to vehicle every time a call is answered.

http://www.india.ford.com/sync/suppo...t/mobile?v=101

Currently using Galaxy phone and have no such problem. May have to switch to iPhone/Windows phone and if the above mentioned problem stands true, windows phone is the only option :(
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 12:34   #6724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
A question to owners using SYNC with iPhone:

http://www.india.ford.com/sync/suppo...t/mobile?v=101

Currently using Galaxy phone and have no such problem. May have to switch to iPhone/Windows phone and if the above mentioned problem stands true, windows phone is the only option :(
Haven't seen the link that you've pasted but I use an iPhone and I've walked into my car speaking on the phone and the audio is transferred to the car speakers as soon as bluetooth connects. I've also picked up calls from the handset and it did work as expected as far as I can recall.
sharninder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 23:39   #6725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Do dealers really only make 10,000 on a 9-lakh car?
Yes, for entry level cars in the 2.75-3.5 lakh bracket, dealers "pure" margin (not including the unnecessary CHGS such as Essential Pack they levy on the customers) is hardly 2000-2500. Vehicle Dealerships follow a RAZOR Blade business model - very thin margins on the sale, but they cover it up on service by selling you "Genuine Parts" at a premium price. Their goal is to sell a large number of vehicles and "Milk" this installed base for service.
Bluestallion is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 10:14   #6726
Distinguished - BHPian

Can somebody give the wiper size? Front size is 22/16. Any idea what's the rear wiper size? Also did anyone change their rear wipers? Am planning to go for frame-less wipers.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 23:43   #6727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can somebody give the wiper size? Front size is 22/16. Any idea what's the rear wiper size? Also did anyone change their rear wipers? Am planning to go for frame-less wipers.
Some pictures for your reference naveen raju.
VW polo has a similar viper, may be you can try that too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-india-10.html
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140321wa0000.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1147001d1380716436tmysilverfordecosporttitaniumotdcifirstdeliveredindiadsc0002721.jpeg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 21st March 2014 at 23:45.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:00   #6728
BHPian

Guys, how much is the tyre pressure you keep. I keep 30. Mine is ecoboost.
Old 22nd March 2014, 11:30   #6729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
I have a 1.5lt duratorq.
Usually 32 in all four wheels, recently tried 30 (rear wheels), 32 (front wheels)

So keep trying different combinations and stick to what suits you the best
Old 22nd March 2014, 13:18   #6730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
If you end up travelling alone or 2 people with minimal luggage most of the time anything around 30-32 should do good. Given that Ecosport has a stiffer suspension, i would not recommend anything beyond 32-33 when travelling with 2-3 people.
Old 22nd March 2014, 15:23   #6731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Some pictures for your reference naveen raju.
VW polo has a similar viper, may be you can try that too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-india-10.html
Looks like you changed the entire wiper arm. Am planning to change the wiper blade alone. I checked it and found the size to be around 11", sort of between 11 and 12". I doubt whether I will be able to source 11" since it's not that common among frameless type wipers. 12" will obstruct my TBHP sticker which is placed below the third brake light. Anyways, checking with a seller. Can you confirm the size of the rear wiper?

Also, does it have U-Hook on the Wiper Arm?

Last edited by naveen.raju : 22nd March 2014 at 15:31.
Old 23rd March 2014, 01:48   #6732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Looks like you changed the entire wiper arm. Am planning to change the wiper blade alone. I checked it and found the size to be around 11", sort of between 11 and 12". I doubt whether I will be able to source 11" since it's not that common among frameless type wipers. 12" will obstruct my TBHP sticker which is placed below the third brake light. Anyways, checking with a seller. Can you confirm the size of the rear wiper?

Also, does it have U-Hook on the Wiper Arm?
Stock wiper arm has a "U" hook.
11" frameless vipers are available from Hella.

I have changed the entire arm with blade as per the Euro version of Ecosport(the over all finish and appeal is fantastic).
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 14:36   #6733
Team-BHP Support

Rs.400 got me this cover from JC road. It does the job of keeping dirt out of the tyre tread and the alloy wheel. IMO it does not look too bad. I'll put some EcoSport reflective stickers to see if it looks better along with T-BHP stickers.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140323-13.03.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 14:59   #6734
Senior - BHPian

What material is that, looks good for the price you paid. Heard through a friend that the EcoSport stepney covers in plastic are available for 7K in the GP Road, I have no idea if its costs less or more compared to the OEM price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Rs.400 got me this cover from JC road. It does the job of keeping dirt out of the tyre tread and the alloy wheel. IMO it does not look too bad. I'll put some EcoSport reflective stickers to see if it looks better along with T-BHP stickers.

Attachment 1222897
Old 23rd March 2014, 15:05   #6735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
What material is that, looks good for the price you paid. Heard through a friend that the EcoSport stepney covers in plastic are available for 7K in the GP Road, I have no idea if its costs less or more compared to the OEM price.
OEM price is 12.5K for the hard plastic one. This is just Rexin like what you see on Sumo or Jeep soft tops.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks