Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:51   #6586
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Can you please tell me the quantum of the handling & RTO charges quoted for the Ecosport Titanium Optional everywhere. My SA says it is 10k, which looks pretty steep. Thanks!
Hi,

It is 9K for diesel tit(o) in Bangalore.
Old 23rd February 2014, 19:59   #6587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello all
In case any of you have any suggestions please pour in. I'm really really disgusted by this intermittent issue.
Hi,
I suggest you get one ECU diagnostic test done at Ford service.
That should solve the problem.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 23:13   #6588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Ecosport price reduced by 26K.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/30782062.cms

The second hike is almost nullified now!!.
That's only for diesel models. For the petrol model, I heard from the dealer its just 6000 rs.
Old 24th February 2014, 10:36   #6589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi,
I suggest you get one ECU diagnostic test done at Ford service.
That should solve the problem.
Hi Dear, Thanks for your reply. Well here is what happened over the last two days. The service guys drove my vehicle with the diagnostic laptop connected to the onboard diagnostics connector. After keeping the car for 2 days they were not able to find a single alert from the onboard diagnostics.
But surprisingly on a manual check by one of the experienced mechanic, they have found that the Front Right and Back left wheel ABS sensors were covered with some stuff and hence I was getting this erratic, untimely and random heavy driving feeling from the car. Though I do not fully agree to them as if that would have been the cause, then it should have been showing a constant choked behaviour on every single drive I would have had with the car. But the issue was totally intermittent and random in nature.
The final words from the service station was to again report in case I again feel lack of power from the vehicle. Therefore I have taken back the delivery of the car and see that the car has not cribbed for last two days. Really keeping my fingers crossed as I have invested 9 lakhs and plan to drive this vehicle atleast another 6 years. The worse fear from myside is the Ford's attitude in case the car again starts showing this random behaviour as I have really seen that Ford has a very poor customer redressal.
Keeping my fingers really crossed now !
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 03:52   #6590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
But surprisingly on a manual check by one of the experienced mechanic, they have found that the Front Right and Back left wheel ABS sensors were covered with some stuff and hence I was getting this erratic, untimely and random heavy driving feeling from the car. Though I do not fully agree to them as if that would have been the cause, then it should have been showing a constant choked behaviour on every single drive I would have had with the car. But the issue was totally intermittent and random in nature.
The final words from the service station was to again report in case I again feel lack of power from the vehicle. Therefore I have taken back the delivery of the car and see that the car has not cribbed !
Hi,
Wish you luck and happy motoring with your car.
What was his explanation for random behavior and how is it connected to the ABS system?

What was exactly on the sensor?
Somehow, I am not convinced with Fords explanation for your problem.
Anyway hope it doesnt repeat
Old 25th February 2014, 11:23   #6591
Senior - BHPian

I am getting delivery of an Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Trend (diamond white) on 1st March for my parents/siblings (with no waiting period!). Some unlucky chap booked it but the bank declined the loan on it, due to which it was available for grab. Originally I wanted the 1.5L Petrol EcoSport top variant as the running is low, but the waiting is 3-4 months and couldn't wait that long.

Anyhow, I want to know the essential accessories that I should get for the Trend variant. I don't plan to change the alloys at this time (as this would do duty on potholes and rough roads in the NorthEast).

Last edited by iTNerd : 25th February 2014 at 11:24.
Old 25th February 2014, 12:34   #6592
BHPian

Update: (

Went on a trip (Delhi - JimCorbett - Delhi) in my Ecosport AT. Here are a few shots for you guys.

Some Numbers:

1. Car Odometer : 987Km
2. Delhi - JimCorbett - Delhi Run : 540Km
3. Petrol Used : 53 Litres
4. Mileage : 10Km/L

Some observations:

1. Suspension does not feel too great on bad roads.
2. Superb Handling
3. Braking inspires a lot of confidence.
4. Traction Control is awesome
5. Acceleration :
a. Starting / Initial power is good.
b. Mid Range : Lacks power
c. High Range: Full of power
6. Drove the car at about 2K to 3K RPM range after the initial 500Km at times and got around 80-100Km/hr speed.

7. Sixth gear only engages after 80Km/Hr, even on S mode ( no way to make it work under 80Km/Hr)

PS : Do enjoy the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0083.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0086.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0087.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0091.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0078.jpg  

raz0r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 14:13   #6593
Senior - BHPian

Ford plans round the clock production at Chennai

If a report from the Economic Times is to be believed, Ford is planning to make its Chennai facility produce vehicles round the clock. This plan is owing to the high demand for the Ford EcoSport; both local and international. The plant is expected to start off with 24x7 manufacturing by the second half of 2014. In the middle of a downturn for the Indian car industry, this decision by Ford is quite surprising, but inevitable.

If vendors can supply the necessary components on time, Ford plans to rake up the production capacity to 2,00,000 cars on a later date for which the Chennai facility will need to run at full steam, 24x7. As of now, Ford has set it's target to 1,60,000 units in 2014. As of date, Ford manufactures 350 units of the EcoSport / day; and the plan is to increase this number to 450 by June 2014. Come October 2014, Ford will produce 600 units of the EcoSport / day to meet the demand from international markets. By this time, the overall production capacity including all Ford vehicles will be around 750-850 units / day. Even Hyundai operates in three shifts from it's facility in Chennai.

Extra long waiting periods for the EcoSport are expected to go down once this 24x7 production begins. Since the launch, the EcoSport gathered bookings well over 60,000 out of which only 35,000 have been delivered by Ford, by January '14.

Link to news article.

Last edited by parrys : 25th February 2014 at 14:17.
parrys is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 14:20   #6594
BHPian

EcoSport Titanium TDCi:

Before price hike: 938,238 (ex-showroom, Hyderabad)
After price hike: 917,296 (ex-showroom, Hyderabad)
Difference: 20,942

Only a mere 20K when other manufacturer cars in similar price range have seen a good 25k-30k discounts. I think we can consider this as a unofficial third price hike
Old 27th February 2014, 07:54   #6595
BHPian

I recently fixed a turbo whistle in my tdci EcoSport . the whistle is heard with windows rolled up after 2500 rpm and gets louder by 3500 rpm.
Now I feel like revving the car more and more . the whistle cost $4 on AliE.
Old 27th February 2014, 11:43   #6596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
EcoSport Titanium TDCi:

Before price hike: 938,238 (ex-showroom, Hyderabad)
After price hike: 917,296 (ex-showroom, Hyderabad)
Difference: 20,942

Only a mere 20K when other manufacturer cars in similar price range have seen a good 25k-30k discounts. I think we can consider this as a unofficial third price hike
The way Ford India is behaving, it will have to export most of the Eco Sports it manufactures when it does ramp up its capacity. The novelty factor of this superb car is getting over. The increasing price difference between hatch backs and bigger sedans on one side, and reducing price difference with bigger SUV's like the XUV 500 on the the other side, will make potential customers question whether this car is worth the extra money Ford is demanding.

Ford India is behaving in a monopolistic manner and this is being watched by the customers who will take their custom to other manufacturers. Hyundai Motors M&M and MSIL also working overtime to get their new SUV's in the market. With more competition Ford India will find it a much tougher proposition to sell this vehicle.
Old 27th February 2014, 12:47   #6597
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport is available here in the UAE. One can have it off the shelf, and have seen just one on road, as consumers prefer something more spacious and powerful.
Old 27th February 2014, 15:08   #6598
BHPian

Pictures of my Baby just out of the womb (showroom), after a good wash and a Teflon Coat.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130810_110327.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130814_231839.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130814_232321.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20130810_110151.jpg  

the13thtee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 15:08   #6599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The way Ford India is behaving, it will have to export most of the Eco Sports it manufactures when it does ramp up its capacity.
Not sure if it is true but the sales person indicated another hike in coming months. I genuinely do not believe it but if otherwise, Ford will be left with huge inventory pile-up.
Old 27th February 2014, 15:25   #6600
Senior - BHPian

Cars like the Duster and XUV 500 had huge waiting lists to start with,. But after some time when these products had had a couple of price revisions, the novelty of these vehicles had worn off and the production had been ramped up, the sales nosedived. In such cases you would either have to reduce production, increase sales ( by attractive schemes and discounts ) or if the product has a ready market abroad, export a sizeable chunk of the production.

As far as the sales persons at most auto dealerships are concerned, they are pretty ill informed/ignorant and go by hearsay. Right now Ford has a huge order back log which will help it for another 6-12 months. After that it is anybody's guess as, the cancellations are also pretty heavy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks