Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 13:00   #7666
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
1st Service(2500KM) and 2nd service(10000km) are free. So no labor charges will be there for these 2 services but consumables like engine oil, break pads etc have to be paid.
So if its just a normal service with engine oil and oil filter change then it should be approximately 2000 Rupees.

Here is the break up:

Engine Oil 4.1L 329 per litre - 1349
Oil Filter - 474
Gasket - 64
Wiper washer fluid - 65
Wheel alignment - 400
Wheel balancing 560
Ac Disinfection - 1200
Old 16th July 2014, 13:11   #7667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Here is the break up:

Engine Oil 4.1L 329 per litre - 1349
Oil Filter - 474
Gasket - 64
Wiper washer fluid - 65
Wheel alignment - 400
Wheel balancing 560
Ac Disinfection - 1200
Wheel Alignment and balancing have been billed extra, its part of the free service. Also AC disinfection in not necessary unless you are facing an issue with AC. So approximately 2200 + taxes has been billed extra.
Old 16th July 2014, 13:13   #7668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wheel balancing 560
Ac Disinfection - 1200
In my opinion, all other costs are reasonable enough, except the two quoted above.
Rs. 560 for Wheel Balancing is very expensive, and probably could have been done outside for less than half this price. The Wheel Alignment cost is more or less fair, but was it necessary?
AC Disinfection, may also have been an optional job, and probably only entails cleaning of the cooling coil and filter, and could have been done much cheaper.

Last edited by roy_libran : 16th July 2014 at 13:14.
Old 16th July 2014, 13:18   #7669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
In my opinion, all other costs are reasonable enough, except the two quoted above.
Rs. 560 for Wheel Balancing is very expensive, and probably could have been done outside for less than half this price. The Wheel Alignment cost is more or less fair, but was it necessary?
AC Disinfection, may also have been an optional job, and probably only entails cleaning of the cooling coil and filter, and could have been done much cheaper.
I checked with Saifee tyre in Santacruz and they are charging 1200 for Wheel balance and alignment.
Old 16th July 2014, 13:18   #7670
Distinguished - BHPian

2nd service mentions only engine oil and oil filter, in the owner's manual I believe.
gasket and washer were probably needed(which gasket, though?)
The rest, you must have been informed beforehand.
Old 16th July 2014, 13:21   #7671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
2nd service mentions only engine oil and oil filter, in the owner's manual I believe.
gasket and washer were probably needed(which gasket, though?)
The rest, you must have been informed beforehand.
I refused the Ac disinfection (not really needed) so total bill is now 3100++
Old 16th July 2014, 13:32   #7672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with Saifee tyre in Santacruz and they are charging 1200 for Wheel balance and alignment.
I pay Rs. 350/400 for 3D Wheel Alignment. Typical Wheel Balancing costs around Rs. 300 (inclusive of weights) for my Truck's tires, which are inherently not very balanced.
I'm not sure about Mumbai rates, but 1200 seems very high.
Old 16th July 2014, 13:54   #7673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
(which gasket, though?)
Engine sump plug gasket. It is a crush washer and not reusable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I'm not sure about Mumbai rates, but 1200 seems very high.
It is a typical wheel alignment charge even at Ford, around 1000 is standard. They charge high for the wheel weights. Inflation might have caught up with it, i guess.

For those who have time, it is better to do it outside.
Old 16th July 2014, 16:04   #7674
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Service Inerval Reset

Am not sure if the below procedure used to reset the Service Interval for the EcoSport has been shared earlier in this thread.

In case the Service interval alarm pops up in either the Infotainment display or via an amber light in the speedo display area with the comment that the Oil change is due then it can be reset as mentioned below. This is assuming that the alarm has popped up earlier than the correct interval (Say for example after the vehicle is serviced at 10,000 kms if it comes up at 15,000 kms itself and well before a year has passed instead of at 20,000 kms / 1 year. )

1) We must place the vehicle in Neutral on a flat surface. Keep the hand brake disabled
2) Switch OFF the AC and Infotainment unit(Centre Deck).
3) Switch OFF the Engine.
4) Press the Brake and Accelerator Pedals firmly right to the bottom for 5 mins. (Use left leg for brake and Right leg for Accelerator)
5) Release the Pedals.
6) Restart the vehicle in N position.

I did this for my AT it worked. Am given to understand that this is the same procedure for all the variants.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 16:19   #7675
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Service Inerval Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Am not sure if the below procedure used to reset the Service Interval for the EcoSport has been shared earlier in this thread.
5 min? This is what I did.
Press the start button (or turn the ignition) and wait for the service reminder to come. Once that's displayed, press the accelerator and brake together and hold it for 30 seconds. The reminder will disappear and will appear for the next service.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 23:00   #7676
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Cool, that was fast! So not much waiting period nowadays?

Anyway, get an ownership review - with appropriate attire for the Urban SUV
Took the delivery of the Ecosport today morning;

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-10533550_10152342668027762_1395660525870547482_n.jpg

Already clocked about 350 kms on her as had to take her to Gujarat for registration.

Drove the car through a massive downpour today en route Silvassa on NH8.

Initial impressions are that the car has a light steering fantastically suitable for tight traffic conditions on the other hand weighs up well on high speeds.

The DCT felt superb & gear changes were fast.

The 1.5L Petrol felt lifeless < 3k rpm, hoping it will be performing better between 3-6k rpm (haven't pushed her yet coz running in)

Disheartened by the fact that i've got MRF's as stock & not the Good Years

Music system is of good quality & good on bass.

Seats are well laid out & ideal driving position can be achieved quickly, on the other hand steering adjustment for 'reach' was missed.

Got a decent FE of 12.4 km/l for the round trip, hoping it will increase to low 14's for highway runs after the engine is free.

Rest shall update in the coming few days & shall shortly start an ownership thread
karan561 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 23:32   #7677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks guys this was really helpful as im getting the delivery of my Ecosport A/T tomorrow morning from the stockyard

Also this is one of the cars that i booked without a test drive nor visited the showroom to have a look, looking forward
Congrats.. I have also booked an AT and am still waiting for like a month now.. how long did u have to wait?
Old 17th July 2014, 01:34   #7678
BHPian

Hello, fellow bhpians, absurd it may seem but being a jerk actually pays when you are dealing with the Ford dealers as far as the ford Ecosport is concerned. During the waiting period badger them as much as possible, threaten with possible consumer forum cases if possible and finally when you get the car be adamant not to take the insurance (if not reasonably quoted) or the unwanted accessories from them. During service ensure that they actually service the vehicle and be careful about what they add in the bill. only then will you find them treating you like a proper client, expecting Maruti, Honda and Hyundai like customer service from Ford at the dealer's end is impossible but the above tricks work.

Moderators, kindly omit the above lines if it is out of topic or extreme.
By the by, I went for my first service which was basically a formality of sorts but I did insist that they do the entire service in front of me. Infact I had prepared a list(from the owners manual) as to what is supposed to be done in the first service, the inspections, replacements etc, which I gave to the service engineer. The "jerk" in me gets the better of my "gentleman" nature whenever I am in the Ford dealership, perhaps the aftereffect of a bitter waiting and later buying experience. The jerk factor worked and the service formality stretched to an entire day with me installing the fog lamps( mine is a TDci Ambiente) for a reasonable amount of Rs.8490 when initially they were quoting 9500. Overall was satisfied with the service.
As for my Ecosport, it was worth waiting every second of the 7 months and 11 anxious days peppered with numerous arguments sometimes resulting in near fist fights at the dealership. All those who are waiting, as long as Maruti Alpha, Chevrolet Adra or the Hyundai Compact suv is not out, the Ford ecosport is simply the best out there, so hold on to your booking numbers, it is definitely woth it.
Old 17th July 2014, 09:57   #7679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Seats are well laid out & ideal driving position can be achieved quickly, on the other hand steering adjustment for 'reach' was missed.
Reach adjustment is present, you might have missed it.
Quote:
Got a decent FE of 12.4 km/l for the round trip, hoping it will increase to low 14's for highway runs after the engine is free.
The 1.5AT gives good mileage in the highways. After being depressed that am getting sub 10kmpl in my city runs, I took my car on NICE road, and the 60km run returned me 19kmpl.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:49   #7680
BHPian

What is the current waiting period for the 1.5 Automatic in New Delhi? Are they taking any new bookings?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks