Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 12:50   #7636
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My 10k service was 1698/-. My car is now at 12k odd kms. This is my friends car. His 20k km service came around 7600/-. But my Swift service was even more expensive. So if its within these limits, I will be happy .
My 20000 km service came less than 5000.Will be doing the 30K in another month or so.Shall update
Old 14th July 2014, 12:55   #7637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Talera Ford indicated, 10 days ago, a minimum delivery period of 6 months for the 1.5P-AT. Looks like they have enough capacity for the diesel engines but are facing problems in sourcing the 1.5P & the AT box.
Yesterday I met a friend who is working with a Ford dealer. He said me about this. As I am not interested in booking EcoSport, I didn't dig out further. Probably he might have told me about diesel variant only.
Old 14th July 2014, 21:07   #7638
Senior - BHPian

They are mostly exporting the AT so I guess that explains the shortage. It cant be due to poor sourcing/procurement.
Old 15th July 2014, 01:34   #7639
BHPian

Quote:
This is a list of all the diagnosed issues in EcoSport (and other Ford cars) which are supposed to be rectified by Ford service centers. There's a board put up in some service stations.

If your model is included and not yet checked, insist the workshop for same at the earliest.

Courtesy - TAI

Fiesta Classic (2011 – 2012)
Date Diagnosed: Sep 2013
Problem: Rear twist bean inspection and replacement for crack issue.

Fiesta Classic (31 Aug 2010 – 28 Nov 2011)
Date Diagnosed: Sep 2013
Problem: Power steering high pressure hose leakage

New Fiesta (2011 – 2014), EcoSport (2013 – 2014)
Date Diagnosed: Oct 2013
Problem: Intermittent transmission clutch shudder on powershift / transmission fluid leak

EcoSport (built before 16 Oct 2013)
Date Diagnosed: Nov 2013
Problem: Engine malfunction indicator on intermittently. And associated low power / rough idle symptom with DTC code P2119 or P2108

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: Dec 2013
Problem: Rear coil spring noise

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: Jan 2014
Problem: Some issue with LHS taillamp

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: March 2014
Problem: Some issue related to window

EcoSport
Problem: Lift gate rattle
How did you manage to get this list?
I had or have 3 problems in my ecosport ecoboost out of the mentioned. 2 of them are rectified now. I am just skeptical that when il inform the service centre then they will dismiss this news and say that no such notice has been delivered to them.
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 08:53   #7640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
How did you manage to get this list?
I had or have 3 problems in my ecosport ecoboost out of the mentioned. 2 of them are rectified now. I am just skeptical that when il inform the service centre then they will dismiss this news and say that no such notice has been delivered to them.
This was there in some of the technical notice boards in few service stations. Even I have/had few problems in my Ecosport:
1) Engine Malfunction display - rectified
2) Rear coil spring or lift gate rattle - rectified but get to hear them occasionally.

In case they dismiss this, here's the proof showing that it's put up in few service stations already.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosportproblems.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 09:44   #7641
BHPian

Quote:
EcoSport (built before 16 Oct 2013)
Date Diagnosed: Nov 2013
Problem: Engine malfunction indicator on intermittently. And associated low power / rough idle symptom with DTC code P2119 or P2108

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: Dec 2013
Problem: Rear coil spring noise

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: Jan 2014
Problem: Some issue with LHS taillamp

EcoSport
Problem: Some issue related to window

EcoSport
Problem: Lift gate rattle
Thanks for this info. Out of the above, I am a disgruntled victim of Liftgate rattle. Fixed only yesterday at Metro Ford Blore. Many visits at Lathangi service did not help. The guys at Lathangi knew about the problem but were using normal grease to fix it. Turns out its only the Krytox grease that fixes it. Nothing else will do.
Also, those who have already got this problem fixed can tell me if this can recur? Once the grease goes dry etc? Service guy said it is permanent. Can't believe that.

And I wonder if the engine malfunction problem is applicable to diesels only? Any Ecoboost owner reported the same?

Last edited by penpavan : 15th July 2014 at 09:46.
Old 15th July 2014, 10:16   #7642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Thanks for this info. Out of the above, I am a disgruntled victim of Liftgate rattle. Fixed only yesterday at Metro Ford Blore. Many visits at Lathangi service did not help. The guys at Lathangi knew about the problem but were using normal grease to fix it. Turns out its only the Krytox grease that fixes it. Nothing else will do.
Also, those who have already got this problem fixed can tell me if this can recur? Once the grease goes dry etc? Service guy said it is permanent. Can't believe that.
I reported the noise that was coming from the rear. Not sure from where it was coming from. I have a strong feeling that it's from the left rear shocks/springs. They applied the grease during the 10k kms service but I still hear the noise occasionally. So I guess it's got to do with the rear shocks. Here are the details of the lubrication.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140510_175040.jpg

As for the engine malfunction, it came during sudden acceleration/deceleration. As per the SA, they reset the error codes and nothing else. No problems after that.
Old 15th July 2014, 10:27   #7643
BHPian

Quote:
I reported the noise that was coming from the rear. Not sure from where it was coming from. I have a strong feeling that it's from the left rear shocks/springs. They applied the grease during the 10k kms service but I still hear the noise occasionally. So I guess it's got to do with the rear shocks. Here are the details of the lubrication.

As for the engine malfunction, it came during sudden acceleration/deceleration. As per the SA, they reset the error codes and nothing else. No problems after that.
Thanks! Yes I think it is fluorinated grease but was applied only at the boot door hinge. (The lower, black one which looks like a box)
Nothing was touched in the shock ab/coils.

Yes I can hear a feeble clink occasionally. Very occasionally. But liveable now.
Old 15th July 2014, 15:34   #7644
BHPian

Quote:

And I wonder if the engine malfunction problem is applicable to diesels only? Any Ecoboost owner reported the same?

I got Krytox done about 2 months back and it still works fine.Earlier ,I had the normal grease applied from the service centre,but it didn't last for even a week.
I think if it recurs ,one can get it done under warranty since this must be a manufacturing defect.Also most of us have the extended warranty as well.
Old 15th July 2014, 17:08   #7645
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1261816

I underwent a similar experience however was shocked to hear the explanation. As per the advisor; squeaks were because of a missing bolt from the rear suspension
Old 15th July 2014, 17:17   #7646
BHPian

Quote:
This was there in some of the technical notice boards in few service stations. Even I have/had few problems in my Ecosport:
1) Engine Malfunction display - rectified
2) Rear coil spring or lift gate rattle - rectified but get to hear them occasionally.

In case they dismiss this, here's the proof showing that it's put up in few service stations already.
Thanks.
Even i had the engine malfunction warning light which i got rectified after fighting over for 3 months. How did they rectified it for you? You have Ecoboost right?

Siddhant

Quote:

I have heard that its only in Ecoboost models. I have Ecoboost and had the problem. Is it in diesel too?

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 15th July 2014 at 17:30.
Old 15th July 2014, 17:28   #7647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Thanks.
Even i had the engine malfunction warning light which i got rectified after fighting over for 3 months. How did they rectified it for you? You have Ecoboost right?

Siddhant
SA said they just cleared the error codes. This error came 2-3 times and then it got cleared. I have 1.5D Ecosport.
Old 15th July 2014, 17:42   #7648
BHPian

Quote:
SA said they just cleared the error codes. This error came 2-3 times and then it got cleared. I have 1.5D Ecosport.
Lucky you. Mine didn't rectified after clearing the code. Had to call an engineer from chennai plant to ahmedabad and they opened my whole dashboard and changed the whole wiring as they couldn't pinpoint the problem.
It has been working fine since then, but got few scratches on the dash while opening it and couple of rattles. The service centre here is awful. No other option, have to live with it.
Old 15th July 2014, 17:47   #7649
BHPian

Hi All
I got my ecosport last July. Of late I have been running into an issue. When I try to accelerate the car in 3rd or 4th gear with the AC on, the whole car just rattles and is unable to accelerate at all. I have to switch off the AC, run the car in 2nd gear for a bit and then shift to 3rd and accelerate to avoid this. This was seen a couple of times earlier but I ignored it assuming the issue was temporary or an error from my side. Now this has become very common and happens almost 50% of the time. I am amazed that something can go wrong in a car so new. Any ideas on what could be the issue here?

Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 18:46   #7650
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone been able to actually buy Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 oil for the EcoBoost engine? This is the oil Ford recommends as meeting their WSS-M2C948-B specification.

Castrol's India website doesn't even list that grade of oil, the closest is 5W-30.
Their engine oil selector doesn't list the EcoSport as an option. Grrr.
Castrol's UK website does correctly list the Magnatec 5W-20 oil for the 1.0 EcoBoost engine.
Likewise, amazon.co.uk has a listing for this oil.

Are Ford's service centers using 5W-30 for attentive EcoBoost owners, and whatever comes to hand for the inattentive ones?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks