Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2014, 09:07   #7591
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
30k kms report from a fellow ecosport owner. Fuel filter costs a whopping 3400/-. Labor cost around 2000 and the total bill came to 9000/-.
Hmm, typical Ford. This is where Maruti, Toyota & even GM are so far ahead in long term ownership costs. Both parts & service costs are reasonable. Hyundai & Nissan are somewhat better than Ford in this respect too.

But then Ecosport is a superb machine to own.
Old 11th July 2014, 09:12   #7592
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
Its actually 550mm of water wading capacity. Its raining heavily in Bangalore today evening and I may have used half of that. Whatever reasons people buy this car for, the ground clearance, water wading capacity, high driving position and relatively compact dimensions make it a nice car to drive in this city. I also own the last generation Honda City. So one can imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
+1 I agree

These are the very reasons i bought EcoSport after driving Hyundai I20 in Bangalore, not scared of scrapping the cars' underbelly anymore
Oh tell me about it. Driving the Ecosport through bangalore's rain, roads flooded and massive potholes and speedbreakers is just so stress free now. Earlier in Figo and Altis, I always used to worry about the roads when it was raining. Now no thinking twice.

Yesterday I just saw a Vento miss a massive pothole under water and break his mud flap in front of me.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 09:16   #7593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Oh tell me about it. Driving the Ecosport through bangalore's rain, roads flooded and massive potholes and speedbreakers is just so stress free now. Earlier in Figo and Altis, I always used to worry about the roads when it was raining. Now no thinking twice.

Yesterday I just saw a Vento miss a massive pothole under water and break his mud flap in front of me.
This picture can give you some idea
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140508_171313.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 09:41   #7594
BHPian

Had rented a diesel Ecosport from ZOOM for 3 days. Went on a one day trip to Wayanad. The worst roads one could ever find anywhere coupled with rain was a nightmare.
I am glad that we had chosen EcoSport instead of a Figo or Vento, the high ground clearance and water wading capacity served us well.
The diesel motor struggled while climbing steep roads with AC, which is normal I suppose with 5 on board. Overall if it wasn't for Rapid, would have surely opted for EcoSport for our family.
Old 11th July 2014, 10:26   #7595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I am going this Saturday to get this done. I have been quoted 7500 for 4mm aluminum custom made engine guard. It's at TDI racing behind jakkur aerodrome. If you can also join then we can try and bargain.
Is a metal guard safe? In the event of a crash, wouldn't it foul with the crumble zone(s)? The ABS guard would crumble, but this would not, right?

The ABS guard is just a grand more than a fabricated one and you can be sure that Ford has taken all parameters into account.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to discourage anybody, it is a genuine query/concern. I am also planning to get one, but the 8.5K price is putting me off. But then a 1K saving to get an aftermarket guard does not sound substantial to me.
Old 11th July 2014, 10:35   #7596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
30k kms report from a fellow ecosport owner. Fuel filter costs a whopping 3400/-. Labor cost around 2000 and the total bill came to 9000/-.
Wow! The 10k service cost me 2800. Can you let me know how much the 20k service cost you? It looks like Ford is only delaying the charges it anyways planned to hit you with after a few reasonable looking service intervals.

But i've no experience of a car that cost me 9k to service so i don't know how does it compare with lets say a 30K service of Honda city.
Old 11th July 2014, 10:37   #7597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Is a metal guard safe? In the event of a crash, wouldn't it foul with the crumble zone(s)? The ABS guard would crumble, but this would not, right?

The ABS guard is just a grand more than a fabricated one and you can be sure that Ford has taken all parameters into account.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to discourage anybody, it is a genuine query/concern. I am also planning to get one, but the 8.5K price is putting me off. But then a 1K saving to get an aftermarket guard does not sound substantial to me.
The ABS guard provided by the company is good but I think it will not be as sturdy as a metal one. Regarding the ABS concern you have, this guard is made of aluminium and it will definitely crumble if the impact is as high as you are describing.

I feel 8.5 k is too much for a plastic(ABS) guard and hence going for a after market metal one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Wow! The 10k service cost me 2800. Can you let me know how much the 20k service cost you? It looks like Ford is only delaying the charges it anyways planned to hit you with after a few reasonable looking service intervals.

But i've no experience of a car that cost me 9k to service so i don't know how does it compare with lets say a 30K service of Honda city.
My 10K service costed 1900 Rupees. The regular 20 K service will be under 5k unless you have a problem with the car.

MOD NOTE: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / MULTI QUOTE (QUOTE+) functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th July 2014 at 12:21. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 11th July 2014, 10:40   #7598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My 10k service was 1698/-. My car is now at 12k odd kms. This is my friends car. His 20k km service came around 7600/-. But my Swift service was even more expensive. So if its within these limits, I will be happy .
Old 11th July 2014, 10:50   #7599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Hmm, typical Ford. This is where Maruti, Toyota & even GM are so far ahead in long term ownership costs. Both parts & service costs are reasonable. Hyundai & Nissan are somewhat better than Ford in this respect too.

But then Ecosport is a superb machine to own.
Quote:
If you thought that the diesel fuel filet is expensive, wait until you hear this: the petrol fuel filter of the 1.5 TiVCT costs a whopping Rs 6184.

ps: That price is from the Fiesta 1.5 TiVCT spare parts price list.
blacksport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 11:03   #7600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The 20000 kms service of my Honda City cost me 9350/-. Here is the link -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-city-v-2.html

The Ecosport 30000 kms service bill does not look to be unreasonable based on this.
Old 11th July 2014, 12:10   #7601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
The 20000 kms service of my Honda City cost me 9350/-. Here is the link -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-city-v-2.html

The Ecosport 30000 kms service bill does not look to be unreasonable based on this.
The parts costs are reasonable. But they have added a lot of stuff into the labour part. For example, I don't think you need to to do injector cleaning, "suspension retorquing" etc every 20K kms. During my 40K kms with my Civic I never had to do these.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 13:01   #7602
BHPian

Hey, sunfilm is not permitted any more under the Motor Vehicle Act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport_101 View Post
Hey Folks,

3) Thirdly which sunfilm will be the best? I saw one from 3m and they are charging 5100 for the entire car!

Thanks in Advance and Keep Revvin'.
Old 11th July 2014, 13:06   #7603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport_101 View Post
Hey any particular brand of sunfilm? I am going to install one tomorrow so please guide!
Hi, i installed Garware sun films. you can also look for 3M range of films as well
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 15:31   #7604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I was scared driving I20 during monsoons in Blore, not knowing how deep the water filled pothole is & there were a lot of them where i stay. The condition has nt changed in the last two years, it much more worse now. Everyday i see a lot of Vento's, City's scrapping their underbelly & mudd flaps breaking. Now I have a wide grin on my face when i drive through that road everyday, all Thanks to EcoSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I am going this Saturday to get this done. I have been quoted 7500 for 4mm aluminum custom made engine guard. It's at TDI racing behind jakkur aerodrome. If you can also join then we can try and bargain.
Thanks for the info Sunil. I need to get it done for Sure, could you please share the contact details for the fabricator or yours so we can cordinate

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th July 2014 at 16:00. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit option if replying in the same thread within 30mins. Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 15:56   #7605
BHPian

Regarding the huge difference the ground clearance makes, recently when driving on a kutcha road there was a verna coming from the opposite. There was a medium sized pothole in his lane so he changed the lane and came in front of me blocking the lane entirely. When I asked him to give way he asked me to ride over the pothole. He said your car can do it. Didn't know how to react and finally I had to go over the pothole which i made it easily.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks