Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2013, 15:36   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Just got off the phone with Elite Guys in Bangalore.
1.5 AT is on road 10.45 lakhs. Yes, very high insurance cost of 39460 and a road tax of 141981 including (service tax)?
Isn't that the case with any other car in Banglore or they are asking more for Insurance and Road tax on Ecosport?

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th June 2013 at 13:35. Reason: Do not use acronyms for car names. ES = Ecosport.
Old 27th June 2013, 15:38   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
do you have quote from Metro and Elite?
Insurance at Lathangi - 31,553.00, Metro - 37364.00. Everything else remains same. Elite ford said they are yet to receive the price list
Old 27th June 2013, 15:44   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
Insurance at Lathangi - 31,553.00, Metro - 37364.00. Everything else remains same. Elite ford said they are yet to receive the price list
how can they have insurance cost variation for the same car in the same city from 31 to 37 to 39 thousand? I guess these guys are just taking advantage of the demand?
Old 27th June 2013, 15:44   #1669

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Ecoboost is available for test drive at Elite Ford, Marathahalli. I test drove it there yesterday.
Latest update from Elite Ford as of today: Ecoboost TD vehicle completed 2,000 kms and has been dispatched to the workshop for apparently for servicing. Please call and confirm with Elite Ford regarding availability before you make the trip to the dealership.
Old 27th June 2013, 15:45   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on IAB Facebook page .No offence to Duster Fans
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-942330_10151536057696234_1678800836_n.jpg  

karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 15:48   #1671
BHPian

Visited Talera Ford- Nigdi- Pune today.
Don't know if someone has put the pricelist up here but attached is the price in Pune
Old 27th June 2013, 15:51   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
how can they have insurance cost variation for the same car in the same city from 31 to 37 to 39 thousand? I guess these guys are just taking advantage of the demand?
No, It depends on what kind of policies are these like 0% dep etc, and different insurance companies generally have different quotes.

What matters is whether the dealer allows you to choose your own insurance provider(which generally costs less), or force you to go with his choice. Interesting fact is that the dealer is well within his right to not sell you the car if you don't purchase insurance from him.
Old 27th June 2013, 15:52   #1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Saw this on IAB Facebook page .No offence to Duster Fans
HAH!! And this coming from Ned Stark who is subsequently incarcerated for being a traitor and later recanted his point of view (which of course did not prevent in any way of his head getting chopped off).
Old 27th June 2013, 15:53   #1674
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
@ ACM, it will help if there enough under thigh support too at the rear. Does it? And can you also comment on the interior quality between Duster/Ecosport/Storme?
Interior Quality:
Ecosport > Duster > Storme (Though Storme has the best quality of material on the inside it is not as well put together or rather not that well built to last.)
The Duster feels the best built to last but is too bare bones and dull on the inside. That said the seat quality (just the upholstery) of the EcoSport (both leather and cloth) does not impress - Safari has the best seats obviously. I would not be dithered by it though as the ecosport upholstery can be redone for about 30K to the best quality leather one wants.
The EcoSport Instrumentation, ACC, features inside is really neat and of decent quality, the other two don't have most of the features. The EcoSport ergonomics are also the best of the lot.

The under thigh support requirement in all three is much lesser than in a sedan where one seats with the legs bent to reach the floor and here almost like in a chair. That said the seats could have been a bit wider and longer to fully support out thigh and base) - The Eco Sport looses out there. Yet for the driver the ergonomics are the best except for a big blind sport in the front A pillar and the rear C pillar.
Old 27th June 2013, 16:04   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The under thigh support requirement in all three is much lesser than in a sedan where one seats with the legs bent to reach the floor and here almost like in a chair. That said the seats could have been a bit wider and longer to fully support out thigh and base) - The Eco Sport looses out there. Yet for the driver the ergonomics are the best except for a big blind sport in the front A pillar and the rear C pillar.
+1 to that. On the longer drives, the feet will still take the weight with the rear bench not being long enough to support the thigh all the way up to the knee. Or at least close enough to that. The fact that you don't sink into the seat much and its flatish doesn't help. Typically in sedans, you sink into the rear seat and that makes up for lack of length of the rear bench.
Old 27th June 2013, 16:04   #1676
BHPian

I had a bad experience at Elite Ford in Bangalore. I booked a Diesel Trend Mars Red color. And after booking I casually mentioned I am going to take my own insurance. The SA said they would not give me priority of delivery if I did not go with their insurance. I said that is not legal and asked to talk to the manager. This oily haired typical thug of a manager said it is a management decision and book if only if you are ok with it. Such typical dastardly attitude. I was about to blow a fuse, but then thought better of it as I had already given the cheque. I am going to mail Ford India about this and will create as much stink as possible about this. These thugs cannot get away with this.
Old 27th June 2013, 16:10   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Ecoboost is available for test drive at Elite Ford, Marathahalli. I test drove it there yesterday.
How was the vehicle?? were you able drive in the city traffic?? is there too much lag in the traffic?
Thanks in Advance.
Old 27th June 2013, 16:13   #1678
BHPian

I'm not sure if anyone has posted the OTR prices in Chennai. This is what I got as a message from mpl Ford

EcoSport On-Road(chennai), Details

1.5 (P) ambiente 6.80L
1.5 (P) Trend 7.85L
1.5 (P) tit 9.02 L
1.5 (P) tit AT 10.11 L
1.0 (P) ecoboost tit 9.46L
1.0 (P) ecoboost tit (o) 9.91 L
1.5 (D) ambiente 8.12L
1.5 (D) trend 9.18 L
1.5 (D) tit 10.35 L
1.5 (D) tit (o) 10.79 L
Old 27th June 2013, 16:27   #1679
BHPian

So finally did it, Booked an Ecosport today at Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. I went for the 1.5 Diesel Titanium version at an on road price of 9.6 Gurgaon.

I was in a perpetual struggle with the Ecosport, I whole heartedly fell in love with the car at the Auto expo last year and since then I always wanted to get it. The trouble started when I saw the car for the first time 3 days ago and felt it to be small. This raged a love hate war in my head with the car especially since price was an unknown variable.

But after the price release things became much more clearer. It is very well priced for what it is and the chaos and the crowds at the showroom proved my point that the common man agrees too.

A young girl who was their with her parents was saying to the mother that "Duster gayi tel lene, hamein Ecosport hi leni chaiye", I cant even translate that, but the jist was let the Duster be, we will go with the Ecosport. I spoke to the father who was worried a bit about his loss of 5 odd thousand in the booking amount for the Duster but he was consoling himself with the price difference between the two is quite a lot and he was ready to forgo the booking.

The car at Titanium level is very well kitted out and as rightly said by Vidyut it could be the most well equipped car south of 10 lakhs.

Another thing I got to witness at the Dealership was the classic Indian "Do you know who I am" and "Do you know who I know". People were getting calls made by Commissioners, Income Tax Directors and even a few politicos to get the car sooner.

So anyways, I have booked the Moon dust Silver colour since it is quite easy on the eyes and does not scratch easy. Also I have been quoted 4 months as a waiting time.

Get this Harpreet Ford have already received 350 bookings, that is a cool 1.75 crores in booking money. More over they are going to close bookings soon as their limit was around 400. Go Ford.

The floor manager was telling me that as an employee for over 6 years with Harpreet Ford, this is the busiest he has ever been.
eq24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 16:27   #1680
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Shreeji Ford - Thane
Price for Mumbai Passing.
Titanium AT
Rs. 8.86 Ex Showroom Mumbai
Rs. 6000 - Standard Accessories - Supposedly mandated by the company - Need to fight that.
Rs. 7000 - Depot Charges
Rs. 1000 - Registration Charges
Rs. 6159 - Extended Warranty 1 year
Rs. 32608 - Insurance - Insists that they will do it since it is a new vehicle.

I basically told him to go to.... and that I need to speak to the Manager. I had booked well prior to launch and he still maintains that delivery will be 2-3 months minimum. I told him that I saw no need to pay him extra for insurance (as he claimed this was a new vehicle) as anyways it would no longer be a new vehicle 2-3 months down the line. And that I would definitely complain to ford regarding the insurance and the standard accessories bit.

Already the experience is being spoilt for sure and the dealers are making full use of this lower pricing. The front line guy sure does not have authority so will need to speak to the manager. But the sad bit is that a similar pattern is arising in all ford dealership quotes leading one to believe that ford itself is indulging in this poor practice. How can there be something like compulsory standard accessories for example. It should surely be optional. And how can Insurance be compulsory. Obviously I would not be playing along and will fight it out it I continue with the booking but that does spoil the buying experience.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks