Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 17:51   #2251
BANNED

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

The SM here at the dealership confirms that over 19K bookings have been made already, with at least 17K of these being diesel.
Cars were being delivered in front of my eyes!!

In Ludhiana alone 450+ bookings for TDCi. When asked for EcoBoost , after a long pause, came a reply of about 25 bookings.(probably, it is a made up figure, the reality in the region tells it should be even less) No ecoboost has been allocated to the dealer here as of now. So when he does get some, I am pretty sure mine will be one of them. Let the waiting begin....
Hope I get as lucky as penpavan(Can I buy yours??)
Old 5th July 2013, 18:00   #2252
BHPian

If you are serious on VW then Why don't you try VW Palace cross (Bangalore Motors, VST Group). I had a very good experience there. Same was true with my friend who picked up a Polo. I would recommend them any day.
I have no idea on the servicing aspect though ( My other 2 friends and me have all owned our vehicles for < 1 year).

As for Ford, I guess it is the same attitude with all the dealers when they have a hot product at hand. However, if they feel that you are a genuine buyer, they would treat you well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
No test drives offered as well. I just wished him all the best and that's it. Polo GT is looking increasingly more desirable, but the VW supply chain and dealer attitude is another long story.

It's pathetic that even though we have several options right now to choose from, the dealers are spoiling everything for the customer. A new car purchase is supposed to be a happy occasion, not a migraine inducing slugfest.
allajunaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 18:05   #2253
BHPian

Thanks mate.

Guess the Ford dealers are trying too hard to cash in on the Ecosport hype. I'll certainly connect with the VW Palace Cross folks, just that it's quite far from my place. VW has not yet announced any extended warranty on the GT yet and hence waiting for that.

Even without the EW, Bangalore OTR for GT is already touching 9.8 with just insurance and RTO, and they're not willing to remove handling crap of 8k.
Old 5th July 2013, 18:27   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Ok I talked to the executive and she said that people in showroom are equally surprised. I think its a genuine vehicle because I'm offered to wait for next lot if i wished. No mandatory purchase of accessories if i chose to buy. I think this case is a fair one. But am still confused as to what to do.
Go ahead, but get the VIN no, decode it and find out when it was manufactured. I saw a post in another forum where the guy was offered a Ecosport manufactured in Jan.
Old 5th July 2013, 19:36   #2255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Mods: Apologies I only saw now that my previous post still has Edit option open and I've already created this one. Could you kindly mege this post with post #2252?
=========
Personally, I would have loved to see this on the Indian EcoSport. Killer piece, euro version cars get this alloy.

Attachment 1106186

My mistake, I always thought it was the same alloys. Never thought to check it up once! It had a similar design which I mistook.

Anyway I still want the same alloys of the Titanium models!

Anyone changing their alloys of Ecosport to aftermarket ones please let me know !
Old 5th July 2013, 19:53   #2256
BHPian

Anybody from Bangalore who booked from Elite Ford.

They are so slow in everything. While the world has already started delivering, they are still busy with some RTO formality(this is what they claim).
Old 5th July 2013, 19:59   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Thanks mate.
==========
Even without the EW, Bangalore OTR for GT is already touching 9.8 with just insurance and RTO, and they're not willing to remove handling crap of 8k.
Ecosport is too good a car to be bought, no matter how bad the dealers are. Better buy a good car from a bad dealership than buy a bad car from a good dealership.
Old 5th July 2013, 20:41   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post

Ecosport is too good a car to be bought, no matter how bad the dealers are. Better buy a good car from a bad dealership than buy a bad car from a good dealership.
Woah. No. Unless they're offering it free. No car is worth being treated badly. After all, it's your hard earned money you're plonking on it. If the dealership can't give you the bells and whistles associated with buying a new car then they have no business being in the business.

Think about all the skoda bashing on this forum. Poor dealerships killed skoda and if ford's going down that road, I'm afraid it's a very slippery slope.
djpeesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 20:52   #2259
Senior - BHPian

I have a query on the Mid Trend variant.

Ford website mentions that Base and mid variant comes with 2 line MFD screen(I suppose on the instrument cluster) where as top end titanium comes with 3.5" MFD screen

Nowi also see that Trend will be missing all the below:

Econometer, Distance to empty display, Average Fuel economy display,Average Speed display, Outside temperature display

So what does the MFD really mean ? just the total km reading ? Does it even come with trip meters ?

I went to Elite ford, Bangalore couple of times and they have couple of EcoSports parked but everything is OFF. so unable to confirm anything !!

Just wondering if I should avoid ELITE FORD !!!! they are so lethargic. Located on ORR whole IT crowd is visiting the showroom but they seem to be slow
Old 5th July 2013, 20:54   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Woah. No. Unless they're offering it free. No car is worth being treated badly. After all, it's your hard earned money you're plonking on it. If the dealership can't give you the bells and whistles associated with buying a new car then they have no business being in the business.

Think about all the skoda bashing on this forum. Poor dealerships killed skoda and if ford's going down that road, I'm afraid it's a very slippery slope.
Agree with you. How the dealer behaves with you and what kind of service he gives is all an integral part of your car buying and using experience. No car is good enough to tolerate bad dealers for. Absolutely love Skoda cars, and would have bought a Rapid long back, if it hadn't been for their scary post sales service. i just can't believe the attitude Ford dealers are throwing these days.

Do they believe the Ecosport is the be all and end all of our automotive scene? A rival launch a few months down the line will get them back to their senses.
Old 5th July 2013, 21:06   #2261
BHPian

Hey guys,
I test drove The ecoboost and the diesel variant today back to back.
Some points that i would like to put forward and some questions that i would like to ask the gurus.

1) The steering has no or very less feedback although in the city its pretty good, on the other hand Fiesta's steering is a class above. The car was running on goodyears

2) I found the ride to be bouncy when I started driving, asked about the tyre pressure and the SA replied 40 psi, which explained the bouncy ride. People taking delivery of this beast, kindly check on the tyre pressure.

3) the front seats are super confy although i think fiesta's seats (leather seats) are so much better.

4) Back bench is perfect for two and only two and maybe a child, but i found it to be super comfy.

5) the hand rest (front), well ! i found it hard and not comfortable at all, i think ford did everything on this little dynamite. They could have given a good handrest more like Linea or all new honda city. Love them in those cars.

6) ACC is a chiller as mentioned before in the review.

7) Sync is Fun, I really enjoyed using it. Good job Ford

8) Sound system is really good for a stock unit, but again I felt fiesta's acoustics are better ? The same song sounds much better in the fiesta over bluetooth.

9) A lot of people mentioned ecoboost is underpowered before you hit the turbo zone, I found it perfect for the city, maybe because i come from a humble five year old 1.1 getz. Once the turbo kicks in its a different beast altogether, I never felt that this is a puny 999 cc engine and its surprisingly high revving unit. I just loved the ecoboost.

My Questions

1) The avg fuel consumption on the ecoboost, according to the MID was hovering between 6.7kmpl - 9 kmpl, which I thought was the car's way of saying, that you are consuming one litre of petrol per 6.7 to 9 kms. But i was surprised to see the avg fuel consumption on the diesel variant in the range of 10.8 - 11.5 kmpl. What am i missing ? Shouldn't it be more maybe like 14 - 15 kmpl

Last edited by blurust : 5th July 2013 at 21:11.
blurust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 21:11   #2262
BHPian

Just loved the visuals in Powerdrift's review of Ecosport:
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 21:20   #2263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
I do not agree, unless the car comes free.

The relationship with the dealer does not end after buying the car. After sales service is a life long affair for a car. I am waiting to see how the after sales service spans out for ecosport. Going by the way they have handled the launch and initial sales, I hope the greediness and inefficiencies do not get carried over to service. After sales service is one of the main reasons for high resale value commanded by Maruti and Hyundai compared to the likes of Ford and Chevrolet.

I love Ecosport as a product. I just hope that Ford dealers and after sales service will be able to handle the demand efficiently.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 5th July 2013 at 21:21.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 21:33   #2264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Hey guys,I test drove The ecoboost and the diesel variant today back to back.
Some points that i would like to put forward and some questions that i would like to ask the gurus.
Nice details. I was guessing petrol would only return 9-10 in city and looks like its true. But for diesel i expect at least 14-15kmpl.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th July 2013 at 08:18. Reason: Please do not quote large posts for single line replies. Next time infraction
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 21:41   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Ya I booked Diesel indeed. Ya they have promised me a July Delivery.

Even I thought so but two things are preventing me from doing that :-
1. They say I will void related parts warranty if I fit an after market accessory
2. I really liked the EcoSport concept, and the alloys were a part of it. It really goes with the design
Which dealer in Mumbai did you book your EcoSport with and which location?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks