Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 18:36   #3001
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks. That makes sense.

But if you buy within a state, is it still mandatory to register in the same RTO region, where you stay ? Or a registration within the same state would suffice?

Sorry guys this is going OT.
Yes it is mandatory to register the car in the state where you stay.
For example in my case i have booked Ecosport in Mangalore(KA 19), but my hometown is Puttur(KA 21). I can get the car with KA 19(Permanent reg) from dealer but since i need a KA 21 registration i will have to get a temporary registration from Mangalore RTO.

Now if i am residing in Karnataka i can get any KA registration on my vehicle since road tax across the state is same but it is not legally permitted to have say KL registered car when your permanent address and stay is in Karnataka.

BTW i saw two Mars red Ecosport(Ecoboost) at Elite Ford Bangalore. Anyone of you here yet to see Mars Red in person can have a look at Elite Ford.
Old 28th July 2013, 20:51   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Hi guys

Got my tit+ (O) yesterday could someone share a few pics of the floor mats that was part of the essentials pack please.

Here are some pictures of those mats - driver side a. front view b. back side
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mat-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mat-2-c.jpg  

Old 28th July 2013, 22:08   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
For example in my case i have booked Ecosport in Mangalore(KA 19), but my hometown is Puttur(KA 21). I can get the car with KA 19(Permanent reg) from dealer but since i need a KA 21 registration i will have to get a temporary registration from Mangalore RTO.

Now if i am residing in Karnataka i can get any KA registration on my vehicle since road tax across the state is same but it is not legally permitted to have say KL registered car when your permanent address and stay is in Karnataka.

BTW i saw two Mars red Ecosport(Ecoboost) at Elite Ford Bangalore. Anyone of you here yet to see Mars Red in person can have a look at Elite Ford.
The registration has to be done with the RTO under whose jurisdiction the owner of the vehicle resides. That is why an address proof is required at the time of registration. This is my understanding....may not be entirely correct.

By the way, I've booked a white diesel Titanium plus on 14 Jul. The dealer offered me a Mars Red Trend or a Black Titanium plus today due to cancellations. I declined both offers. Hopeful of getting the car by 14 August.
Old 28th July 2013, 22:17   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Was one of them a Trend trim? If it is, then it should be mine . I sure hope delivery is tomorrow
Old 28th July 2013, 22:22   #3005
BHPian

Quote:

I guess the vehicle has to be registered with the RTO under whose jurisdiction the owner resides; which is why an address proof is required at the time of registration. This is my understanding of the subject...may not be entirely correct.

I've booked a white diesel Titanium (O) on 14 Jul. The dealer offered me a Mars Red Trend or a Black Titanium (O) today. These became available after the people who had booked them initially couldn't arrange for the finance. I declined both offers. However, I'm hopeful of getting the car by 14 Aug.
Old 28th July 2013, 22:40   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post

Was one of them a Trend trim? If it is, then it should be mine . I sure hope delivery is tomorrow
Sorry to cut down on your excitement but Ecoboost comes only in the Titanium and Titanium option variants. Do let us know if you get your Trend delivered tomorrow. Have you booked a diesel or petrol one? Petrol would mean the first 1.5l ownership on Teambhp.

Best wishes

Cheers
Old 28th July 2013, 22:51   #3007
BHPian

Booked my car just over a week back. Got the delivery today. Loved the smoothness of the car. Comparable to my optra magnum and much better than i20 credit and new Dzire.
Rodeo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 22:53   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Have you booked a diesel or petrol one? Petrol would mean the first 1.5l ownership on Teambhp.
It is a Diesel. I don't think even a single Petrol has been delivered anywhere in India.
Old 28th July 2013, 22:57   #3009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Booked my car just over a week back. Got the delivery today. Loved the smoothness of the car. Comparable to my optra magnum and much better than i20 credit and new Dzire.
Wow that's quick. What strings did you pull to get that quick a delivery? Which variant/engine?
Old 28th July 2013, 23:29   #3010
BHPian

For all those waiting for the EcoBoost variant of EcoSport, found an interesting article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/28/f...pons-engineer/
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 00:18   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Seriously how is that ??
did you pay premium ?
Old 29th July 2013, 02:21   #3012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wow congratulations

booked a week back and got the delivery today!!!!!
Which variant is it, titanium or optional, petrol or diesel?And which dealer was it?
Old 29th July 2013, 06:59   #3013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
For all those waiting for the EcoBoost variant of EcoSport, found an interesting article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/28/f...pons-engineer/
Just below that article ,they are showing different 2014 models of Ford.
Just have a look at the 2014 fiesta. Looks a bit aggressive than the old one.
Old 29th July 2013, 07:37   #3014
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Owners of the EcoSport please comment on the fuel economy figures you are getting from your car, specially the 1.5 Diesel and the 1.0 Ecoboost.
Old 29th July 2013, 07:53   #3015
BHPian

Quote:
Which car? U mean the Ecosport? How is this even possible when most others have months waiting time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks