Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 18:05   #2686
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Should i spend extra one lakh for ABS/Steering mounted audio control -TREND (or) spend 2.3 lakhs extra for Airbags/SYNC etc? This will only be a city car since we have Innova and Skoda Superb for the highways. Vitamin M is little tight now and so i am thoroughly confused. I personally want the airbags/ABS/Height adjust but feel 2.3 lakhs is a steep price considering my current financial position and that this is only for city driving.
Two scenarios:

1) Out-of-pocket purchase: What do you intend to do with the money you save? Going to park it in the bank as FD/MF? How important is 2.3L plus interest important to your life? Is 2.3L worth a small risk to you and your family's safety? if yes, but the Ambiente. Else the Titanium (O)

2) Loan: Would the extra monthly EMI hurt your monthly expenses? Could the extra expense lead you to poverty? Yes? Get the Ambient. Else get the Titanium (O).
ecosport is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 18:34   #2687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Variant Quandary

Is the Trend variant good enough with all the safety features or should I go for the Titanium and if I decide on the Titanium is the Titanium (O) at an additional INR37K a better option.

Car will be Driver driven half the time.

Thanks for your help
I feel the Trend variant and the Titanium-O are the best options. Ambience is kind of barebones and offers too little in terms of features and Titanium is too closely priced to T-O to offer a good value proposition.
Old 17th July 2013, 18:39   #2688
Senior - BHPian

It is really puzzling that people would want to think twice about or compromise not having all available safety in their 4 wheeler. Do people really value create comforts more than the lives of their near and dear?

I don't understand why we're even seeing questions asking if airbags and abs are important. Who will ultimately benefit from the money saved from going for the lower variant? If it's the family, what is the point if their safety is not secured first???
Old 17th July 2013, 19:02   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
If it's the family, what is the point if their safety is not secured first???
Though safety must be of top priority for anyone buying a new car, we need to understand that not all can afford top variants with abs & airbags. Some times we have budget constraints which dont let us get the top variant.

I personally urge people to atleast go for a variant with ABS as that is a primary safety feature, airbags are secondary. Also i dont like the fact that some guys skimp on abs and airbags but spend a lakh over for leather upholstery and in car entertainment.

Wish companies made ABS standard across variants.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 17th July 2013 at 19:03.
Old 17th July 2013, 19:49   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Though safety must be of top priority for anyone buying a new car, we need to understand that not all can afford top variants with abs & airbags. Some times we have budget constraints which dont let us get the top variant.

I personally urge people to atleast go for a variant with ABS as that is a primary safety feature, airbags are secondary. Also i dont like the fact that some guys skimp on abs and airbags but spend a lakh over for leather upholstery and in car entertainment.

Wish companies made ABS standard across variants.
I'd look at it this way. If I am constrained by budget and can't afford a variant of Ecosport that comes with ABS and airbags, I'd go with a light hatchback that offers airbags. Honda Brio, Hyundai i10 etc. offer ABS and air-bags and are good cars too. If I still end up buying an ecosport variant without safety features, they it obviously means that I prefer the looks and "pesudo-prestige factors" over the safety of their family, and the safety of people on the road.

People think that ABS / air-bags come to play only on highways if I'm going at crazy speeds. They don't realize that ABS can prevent accidents on wet roads at as low as 40kmph, and airbags can save lives in head-on / side-impact collisions right within the city.
Old 17th July 2013, 19:59   #2691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
They don't realize that ABS can prevent accidents on wet roads at as low as 40kmph ..
or for that matter, help you to avoid rear-ending the car infront of you, even if you are about 10-15 kmph
Old 17th July 2013, 20:15   #2692
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd look at it this way. If I am constrained by budget and can't afford a variant of Ecosport that comes with ABS and airbags, I'd go with a light hatchback that offers airbags. Honda Brio, Hyundai i10 etc. offer ABS and air-bags and are good cars too. If I still end up buying an ecosport variant without safety features, they it obviously means that I prefer the looks and "pesudo-prestige factors" over the safety of their family, and the safety of people on the road.

People think that ABS / air-bags come to play only on highways if I'm going at crazy speeds. They don't realize that ABS can prevent accidents on wet roads at as low as 40kmph, and airbags can save lives in head-on / side-impact collisions right within the city.
True but then at times like one may end up going in for a Safari or Scorpio or some other SUV / MUV base model over a hatch or a sedan with 2-6 airbags simply for the fact that they match their requirement better due to rough road capability, ground clearance and maybe higher number of people carrying capacity, similarly in case of the EcoSport a family may select if for it's better than sedan/hatch ground clearance or water wading or rough road capability over a sedan or a hatch with greater number of airbags though they may not really be selecting looks over safety. Higher seating also does make driving easier in traffic and hence safer if one is not going to do crazy speeds.

Just may be another way of buying/selecting vehicles differently and yet responsibly.

Disclaimer - this is just a view of how others may be thinking and does not necessarily apply to me.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 20:16   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
+1

I certainly think the 37k premium for 4 extra airbags + leather seats in the titanium(O) over the titanium variant is worth it. The titanium (o) also has the darker dual tone interiors which I personally prefer.
Didn't realise the trend didn't come with Airbags. Budget not really an issue so going with Titanium (O).
Old 17th July 2013, 20:25   #2694
BHPian

I had pre-booked the Titanium diesel version on 17th June at NOIDA FORD.
My booking no was 73 at that time. I was promised delivery within July but now the dealer is saying that the car won't be delivered before end August.
Its been frustrating to wait for that long especially when I have already sold my previous car.
Can't imagine the fact that this dealer will not even get 70 odd cars to deliver in 2 months!
Now no other option but to wait...
Old 17th July 2013, 20:27   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
I had pre-booked the Titanium diesel version on 17th June at NOIDA FORD.
========
Now no other option but to wait...
I wouldn't be surprised if dealers are taking advantage of the situation and making a few extra bucks on the side.
Old 17th July 2013, 20:41   #2696
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from my dealer who has been very helpful in spite of me jumping from one variant to another for the past one month. I booked the AT 1.5P then moved to 1.5P Trend due to delay suggested and then once again moved to the 1.5D Ambient version finally.

He said there is a good chance i could get the 1.5D Ambient but not in my choice of color (He has offered Chill) which was kind of ok. However i am still confused on the version.

Should i spend extra one lakh for ABS/Steering mounted audio control -TREND (or) spend 2.3 lakhs extra for Airbags/SYNC etc? This will only be a city car since we have Innova and Skoda Superb for the highways. Vitamin M is little tight now and so i am thoroughly confused. I personally want the airbags/ABS/Height adjust but feel 2.3 lakhs is a steep price considering my current financial position and that this is only for city driving.
Go for the high end Titanium (O) pack. It is a one time cost of safety. Also considering the crazy traffic in our cities you are more likely to have a full side collision from some nut coming full speed out of a side lane. Rigid body shell & side/curtain airbags is what will protect you then.
Old 17th July 2013, 20:52   #2697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got a call from my dealer who has been very helpful in spite of me jumping from one variant to another for the past one month. I booked the AT 1.5P then moved to 1.5P Trend due to delay suggested and then once again moved to the 1.5D Ambient version finally.
Why don't you see if you can get hold of your original choice (the Petrol AT)? The safety aspects are well-covered it should be a convenient option for city runabouts.
Old 17th July 2013, 21:52   #2698
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
Yep a bit of a wait but definitely the safest variant on offer with the added safety of reduced stress of an AT Plus the EBD, TCS, HLA & EPA - Some on the initials could be name differently on the EcoSport.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 22:07   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
or for that matter, help you to avoid rear-ending the car infront of you, even if you are about 10-15 kmph
And risk getting my car rear-ended, just because the guy behind me doesn't have ABS? Hey, the tail-gate mounted spare-wheel helps here!
Old 17th July 2013, 22:09   #2700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And risk getting my car rear-ended, just because the guy behind me doesn't have ABS?
Well, if you want to gift him ABS, you could go ahead ! Who am I to complain ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks