Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 01:07   #2671
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
5W-30 Synthetic oil for Tdci Ecosport & service interval of 10k means service cost on the higher side.Can anyone clarify ?
10K kms or 1 year is good when compared to other manufacturers who recommends a service once in 6 months. Being synthetic oil they could have increased the mileage to be 15K kms rather than 10K kms.

New Fiesta has the same engine, so the service costs should be equivalent to that if not more.
revv_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 05:28   #2672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
5W-30 Synthetic oil for Tdci Ecosport & service interval of 10k means service cost on the higher side.
5W30 is Not Synthetic.

5W30 is what Ford has been using for it's engines, including the Ikon. Service should cost about 4k. The oil itself wont cost that much, but the labour + cost of filters will increase the cost.
Old 17th July 2013, 07:28   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post

Hi Suhail,
Are you sure about your priority number or the date of booking? I booked an AT with Wasan Marinelines on 27th and my no. is 57.
As per my conversation with Showroom Manager, there is still no clue about the delivery period though my booking receipt mentions 4 months.
Hi, im sure i sent in my form and booking cheque on wednesday, the 26th of June. The booking number is what they have communicated to me. I think they handled the bookings quite haphazardly. My cheque was only encashed on the 29th by them, so perhaps they sat on my form till then!

I'm not really confident about their committed delivery time, but since that's all I have to go on, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they know what they're talking about!
Old 17th July 2013, 08:33   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
Yes, but why should it take 2 weeks? He says if I make the payment tomorrow, I will get the car by the end of the month. Registration should not take more than 2 or 3 days right? He mentioned something about getting the car from Chennai. Should it not be that they should already have the car here? I don't know why I get the feeling that something is not quite right.
To me he said 3-4 days after payment. My vehicle is already in the yard. If he is asking for payment, a vehicle must be allotted to you. Ask him for your VIN.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:12   #2675
BHPian

Finally after a mail to FORD INDIA and various visits to RIDDHI FORD in Delhi I have been able to secure my vehicle booking number. I have been told that my number is 136 and about 45 cars are being allotted every month so that means I have to wait another 3 months.

This after I booked pre-launch on 24th June and confirmed my Variant and Colour on 26th June (alongwith advance), within minutes of the launch.

Seems like I am getting a raw deal from RIDDHI FORD, is there anyone else who has booked from RIDDHI FORD, Mathura Road, New Delhi and has got a booking number ??

Please share your booking date, booking number received and the variant you booked so that I can take up this matter with the dealership.

All this hustle with the dealership is really leaving a bad taste in the mouth when it comes to purchase of the Ecosport !

And compared to this the purchase of my CHEVY CRUZE LTZ was a breeze
Old 17th July 2013, 12:17   #2676
BHPian

I got a call from my dealer who has been very helpful in spite of me jumping from one variant to another for the past one month. I booked the AT 1.5P then moved to 1.5P Trend due to delay suggested and then once again moved to the 1.5D Ambient version finally.

He said there is a good chance i could get the 1.5D Ambient but not in my choice of color (He has offered Chill) which was kind of ok. However i am still confused on the version.

Should i spend extra one lakh for ABS/Steering mounted audio control -TREND (or) spend 2.3 lakhs extra for Airbags/SYNC etc? This will only be a city car since we have Innova and Skoda Superb for the highways. Vitamin M is little tight now and so i am thoroughly confused. I personally want the airbags/ABS/Height adjust but feel 2.3 lakhs is a steep price considering my current financial position and that this is only for city driving.
Old 17th July 2013, 13:31   #2677
BHPian

Variant Quandary

I originally booked the Automatic variant of the Ecosport on the day of launch June 26th. But given the delays in the Auto and uncertainty on delivery dates with some quoting as long as 9 months I have decided to switch to the Diesel variant. They quandary I am facing is on the variant in the Diesel range. Auto was easy since there was just one variant.

Is the Trend variant good enough with all the safety features or should I go for the Titanium and if I decide on the Titanium is the Titanium (O) at an additional INR37K a better option.

Car will be Driver driven half the time.

Thanks for your help
Old 17th July 2013, 13:34   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I got a call from my dealer who has been very helpful in spite of me jumping from one variant to another for the past one month. I booked the AT 1.5P ..2.3 lakhs is a steep price considering my current financial position and that this is only for city driving.
I was in a similar position when I decided to buy Figo, couple of years back. Me also associated ABS with Vitamin M, and dropped them (Price Diff of 50k).
From my experience I would suggest you to stick with model with ABS. AirBags, its fine if its not there. Check if ford has any model in which we can add in ABS for a nominal cost, like VDi ABS model in Ritz and Swift.
Old 17th July 2013, 14:03   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Variant Quandary

Is the Trend variant good enough with all the safety features or should I go for the Titanium and if I decide on the Titanium is the Titanium (O) at an additional INR37K a better option.

Thanks for your help
I would say it depends on the budget you have and how much you can stretch. In my view, Titanium and Titanium (O) are certainly worth the premium they have been priced on. The features they offer for that extra money are real good. You can look at the feature list and do a checkbox. Then finally based on the budget limit, choose the variant.
Old 17th July 2013, 15:31   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
I paid the "large car" tariff - and it was around Rs.4500, the medium car should be around Rs.3500, your best bet is to call your local 3M outlet. Also, they have an offer running - Rs.1000 off if you go for paint-protection + under-body rust protection.
1. Why do you need underbody rust protection in Hyderabad?
None of my/friends cars ever rusted.

2. Paint protection: Does it prevent scratches due to the sand that gets blasted onto the lower side portion by the tires?
This is a problem as at the end of the day there will be sand sticking here and the car was guys at home simply rub a wet cloth all over.
Old 17th July 2013, 15:32   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
I would say it depends on the budget you have and how much you can stretch. In my view, Titanium and Titanium (O) are certainly worth the premium they have been priced on. The features they offer for that extra money are real good. You can look at the feature list and do a checkbox. Then finally based on the budget limit, choose the variant.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Variant Quandary

I originally booked the Automatic variant of the Ecosport on the day of launch June 26th. But given the delays in the Auto and uncertainty on delivery dates with some quoting as long as 9 months I have decided to switch to the Diesel variant. They quandary I am facing is on the variant in the Diesel range. Auto was easy since there was just one variant.

Thanks for your help
I certainly think the 37k premium for 4 extra airbags + leather seats in the titanium(O) over the titanium variant is worth it. The titanium (o) also has the darker dual tone interiors which I personally prefer.
Old 17th July 2013, 15:49   #2682
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Ford EcoSport has managed to get 30,000 bookings within 17 days of its launch. This is despite the fact that 972 diesel vehicles have been recalled for a preventive action.

The car is already under 3 to 6 months waiting period & company is trying to increase the production capacity from current 5,000 units per month to 7,500 units at it's Chennai factory.

Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/21105484.cms

It seems Renault Duster will have a tough time ahead in Indian Car market. If Ford really manages to ramp up it's production capacity & reduce the waiting time, people will surely give Duster a miss.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 17th July 2013 at 15:52.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:38   #2683
BHPian

Just read that Ecosport has managed 30,000 bookings in 17 days. Although the number is impressive, I doubt whether Ford will be able to retain all these bookings as there is already dissatisfaction regarding long waiting period. Secondly, most of the people who have booked the vehicle are yet to test drive the same. There is a long queue even for test drives. Althoght the picture looks rosy at the moment, after the dust settles after a while, I see lot of cancellation happening due to various factors. Ford can encash the situation only if they manage to dispatch maximum vehicles within 2-3 months time.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:59   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
1. Why do you need underbody rust protection in Hyderabad?
None of my/friends cars ever rusted.
The under body coating is also useful from a sound-deadening perspective (the one with the 5 yr warranty and not the 2 yr warranty). I got it done on my i20 which already has a low NVH and after this treatment there is a further noticeable difference in the NVH, especially on concrete roads. Cabin is super-silent now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
2. Paint protection: Does it prevent scratches due to the sand that gets blasted onto the lower side portion by the tires?
This is a problem as at the end of the day there will be sand sticking here and the car was guys at home simply rub a wet cloth all over.
No, the paint sealant does not protect against scratches of any kind. It is meant to protect fading of paint over a period of time against adverse weather such as acid rain and bird droppings and prolong the sheen of the paint for a year. It needs to be repeated after a year again.

If you want protection against scratches, 3M has a very expensive proposition called Paint Protection Film or PPF that costs around 12K for a Medium car just for the front and rear bumpers! For the whole body, it is around 60K!

Last edited by Virtualaman : 17th July 2013 at 17:10.
Virtualaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 17:27   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
10K kms or 1 year is good when compared to other manufacturers who recommends a service once in 6 months. Being synthetic oil they could have increased the mileage to be 15K kms rather than 10K kms.

New Fiesta has the same engine, so the service costs should be equivalent to that if not more.
I just finished the 20K service of my New Fiesta Titanium D.
The total quote I received is for INR 6351.

Top 5 costs are as follows,

1. Labour Charges for 20K service - INR 2005.53.
2. Engine Oil 4.1 Litres - INR 1295.59
3. Wheel and Tire balancing - INR 550.56
4. Balance weights for alloy wheels 10 nos - INR 449.99
5. Caster, Camber Toein, check in - INR 393.26.
etc.

The major split as follows,
1. Labour - INR 3286.53
2. Parts - INR 3065.27.

Can share the quote on need basis.

Hope this helps in giving an idea about the maintenance costs considering similar Powerplant in Ecosport.

Didn't bargain on the labour costs this time. I generally get them down by Rs. 500 atleast.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks