Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 21:10   #3421
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I have booked the 1.5P for parents at Tristar Ford, Vizag on 19th July. No news on delivery date. Hope to get it before October :(

Anyone got a delivery in Vizag for petrol variant?
Old 14th August 2013, 22:41   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
I would be writing a full detailed review of Lathangi Ford later, but here is a snapshot. The responses are always sweet.
I didn't learn from my mistake, but perhaps somebody else can.

Whoa ! They've got some nerve I must say. Thanks a lot for the heads up man. I thought I was troubling them much by calling them up or showing up at their place every other day. I think if such things are happening, I'd have to trouble them much more and keep them running on their toes. When I last spoke to a person over the phone (about 5th time in 3 weeks), I could sense an anger tone. Heck with that, now I wont care for their tone, no matter what. We've got a better one as a customer.

Anywho, Ill try to keep up with their updates and see how things go. I hope to atleast get an allotment by mid-Sept.
Looking forward to your detailed review.

Old 15th August 2013, 02:30   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
I have booked the 1.5P for parents at Tristar Ford, Vizag on 19th July. No news on delivery date. Hope to get it before October :(

Navkant, sorry to hear this. I have recently taken delivery of a 1.0 ecoboost in Vizag. And from what my sales exec told me yesterday only two other ecoboosts have been delivered. Not even a single 1.5 petrol has come to Vizag till now.

The exec went on to comment that some deliveries are getting delayed as the owners of the showroom are showing preferential treatment for friends or for people being recommended by politicians and there is nothing the execs can do about it.

I don't know whether any of the above is true. But If I were you, I would keep following up with them as much as possible. And have you recieved your booking or allotment number??
Old 15th August 2013, 05:38   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post

I was told manufacturing of 1.5 Petrols was to start only end of this month. In fact I think nobody anywhere has even had a test drive of this car, let alone had a delivery.

I am also keen on this model as I think it could be very efficient & reliable in the long run for people preferring petrol.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 13:59   #3425
BHPian

I have also booked a "Mars Red EcoSport Automatic" at Riddhi Ford, Mathura Road, Delhi on 2nd July. The booking number they provided which is just a file number is 524. I received a call yesterday asking if I will pay all in cash or finance and I think they are calling everyone, and people who are willing to pay in cash will get the deliveries first. The back-office guy calling me also quoted that it will take 45 more days for delivering my car which I don't believe.

Has any Team-BHP member booked an Ecosport Automatic at Riddhi Ford, Delhi ?
Old 15th August 2013, 14:09   #3426
BHPian

Re: Aftermarket accessories for Ford EcoSport available in India .

Found Seat covers and 3D mats online for EcoSport at the below address :-

http://carindiaaccessories.com/

Please Follow These Two Steps For EcoSport Specific Products.

Step 1: Please Select Your Product. (Car Accessories>Car Seat covers/ Car 3D mats)
Step 2: Please Select Your Car Model For Exact Pricing & Fitment. (Select Ford EcoSport from the drop down list)

Found a nice collection with them, but a little expensive...
Don't know much about the quality and how fast the shipping is though! COD is available!
I really liked the Black full leather cover seats (most expensive of the lot)
The do fit it on the cars in selected cities.

They were quick to respond on enquiry!

Attaching a picture of one of their product :-
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-cia-shop-branded-affordable-car-accessories-online-india.png  

Last edited by johannskaria : 15th August 2013 at 14:15.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 14:58   #3427
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
The responses are always sweet. From the day I pre-booked the car until 2 weeks ago they used to tell me (sweetly) that the first AT car that they would received would be delivered to me, as I am the first AT booking (Jun 9). That went on until the day I learned that the car was delivered to somebody else. I went to their showroom and made a huge noise. They finally admitted that "some mistake" has happened and the "second" car would definitely be delivered to me. Well, now it turns out that the second AT car was also given to somebody else. Even now, whenever I call them, there is no shortage of sweet talk.

What I have come to know is that since there is quite a high demand for AT cars, they are selling it out of turn to their "preferred" customers.
I have been having exactly the same experience with Shreeji Ford (Thane Ghodbunder Road). Have written to Ford as an escalation and they have replied but of course I don't really see them doing anything worthwhile.

Delivery dates have moved from 1mth to 2mths to now another 2 months. This again for an AT that was prebooked.

I will probably cancel but will sure raise some noise in the process. They too always talk sweetly.
Old 15th August 2013, 15:37   #3428
Distinguished - BHPian

It's great for early buyers to be driving this car on the streets whilst it is rare and a real head turner. I suspect that, by the time my interest becomes anything more than observation from a distance, it will be an all too common sight ...but that long delivery dates will have become a thing of the past. Given that I'm talking at least four years, there will be model changes too.

Congratulations to all the new owners. I'll continue to observe, with interest
Old 15th August 2013, 15:46   #3429
BHPian

Took a panning shot of a sea grey Ecosport passing by
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport_1.jpg  

niks_devil666 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 19:59   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I have been having exactly the same experience with Shreeji Ford (Thane Ghodbunder Road). Have written to Ford as an escalation and they have replied but of course I don't really see them doing anything worthwhile.

Delivery dates have moved from 1mth to 2mths to now another 2 months. This again for an AT that was prebooked.

I will probably cancel but will sure raise some noise in the process. They too always talk sweetly.
ACM - are you sure they are delivering ATs at all?
I had pre-booked an AT with AVK Ford in November last year, and with ShreeJi Ford, Thane after AVK Ford was non-committal on delivery timelines. I requested for a cancellation with AVK and due to lack of response, I escalated it to Ford HQ, Chennai. I got a call from Ford, Chennai that automatics would take at least six month to deliver and they assured help with cancellation. I got my cheque from AVK Ford and will cancel the booking with ShreeJi Ford as well as they are not clear about AT delivery timelines. They offered me an Ecoboost instead that I don't want.
I am looking at other options now. I guess I wouldn't regret waiting for an Ecosport when I drive any other car I get.
dnahelix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 10:06   #3431
BHPian

I had booked an Ecosport Titanium Diesel , in july but have cancelled my booking and have decided not to buy as I am not willing to wait for 6-7 months due to Ford India's incompetencies.

Have decided that I'd rather stick to my 6 yr old Civic only.

The dealers attitudes have gone through the roof and the sudden inflow of customers to the showrooms which were empty earlier, has gone to their heads.
Old 16th August 2013, 10:16   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
Navkant, sorry to hear this. I have recently taken delivery of a 1.0 ecoboost in Vizag. And from what my sales exec told me yesterday only two other ecoboosts have been delivered. Not even a single 1.5 petrol has come to Vizag till now.

The exec went on to comment that some deliveries are getting delayed as the owners of the showroom are showing preferential treatment for friends or for people being recommended by politicians and there is nothing the execs can do about it.

I don't know whether any of the above is true. But If I were you, I would keep following up with them as much as possible. And have you recieved your booking or allotment number??
I have been talking to the SE without much luck. Same response - Petrol Ecosport deliveries haven't started yet. I havent received any allotment no. I will check with him today. The United Andhra agitations are not allowing me to go to the showroom personally :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I was told manufacturing of 1.5 Petrols was to start only end of this month. In fact I think nobody anywhere has even had a test drive of this car, let alone had a delivery.

I am also keen on this model as I think it could be very efficient & reliable in the long run for people preferring petrol.
Yes. Especially when the difference to Diesel base variant is 1.3 lakhs and diesel prices would go up by 10Rs+ to neutralize the loses, it would be a better option for people with less usage!!

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th August 2013 at 07:30.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:45   #3433
BHPian

Re: Aftermarket accessories for Ford EcoSport available in India .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
This is a thread dedicated to the aftermarket accessories available in India. I would request all fellow members to contribute the following information in this thread for the benefit of fellow EcoSport users like me ,as well as future prospective buyers (Sharing is caring) :-

1. Brief product detail of the aftermarket accessory
2. Supplier of the aforementioned accessory along with their address, landmark and phone number
3. Price of the product (inclusive of taxes, if not mention otherwise)
4. Initial opinion and installation procedures of the product if used ! (In terms of quality , value for money and precautions to be taken on installation - whether warranty will be void?)
5. Pictures of the product itself on installation or before that.

And my thread and poll on aftermarket accessories got merged with the official thread of EcoSport reviews.
Wonder why mods did that???

But please fellow owners of EcoSport keep sharing info about aftermarket accessories here with all the informations as listed in the quote!!!

Especially if you have any developments about DRL's being available or being fitted to EcoSport!
Old 16th August 2013, 15:20   #3434
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Latest updates for my booking with Riddhi Ford.

Variant Booked : Titanium D
Date Booked : 29th June 2013
Color : Silver

At the time of booking I was given 3 months of time. But now on my calling to their ASM ( Nitin Kalra : 9582 949 852) I came to know it will take 2 to 2.5 months from now for the car delivery - which is quite erratic.

Only 60 cars have been delivered by them as of today from the date of launch.

Really I feel like changing my mind and move to a Ertiga. May be Alpha will be announced by then.

But I really really feel Ford is the next FIAT in the making. Not able to capitalise on such a huge interest from the Indian public in such a sluggish automobile scenario.
Old 16th August 2013, 16:26   #3435
Senior - BHPian

Well,
Like everybody I would like to vent my angst at Ford India. However, If you put yourselves in their shoes, you can't blame them for being a bit conservative with the initial capacity they have planned for the Ecosport. Indian Auto sales have declined for 9 months in a row. Petrol and diesel prices are being revised every month,the economy is slowing down leading to negative sentiment on expenditure all around.

Last thing they would want is huge initial rush and then plants running at low capacity utilization ( as is the case with Mahindra XUV 500 and now the Duster).

Really speaking, it is a Catch 22 situation. In case you are conservative, you have to turn customers away, and if you are agressive, your investments may not be recouped as planned. Such decisons are invariably influenced by the Finance guys who by their very nature are a conservative lot. It takes a lot of courage to take aggressive calls in such a situation, and all auto companies without exception have erred on the side of caution.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 16th August 2013 at 16:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks