Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 09:17   #2761
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
I strongly disagree this statement Ford dealers wont get into such cheap tricks and lose its vital base of customers
Unlike maruti where this used to happen I feel times have changed people know what is what and its not so easy to cheat so many customers
Sadly, it is true. Here is an example.

http://newdelhi.olx.in/ford-ecosport...-iid-528870484
Old 20th July 2013, 10:13   #2762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
Sadly, it is true. Here is an example.

http://newdelhi.olx.in/ford-ecosport...-iid-528870484
The weakness could be in the lack of a strong non-transferability clause while pre-booking. Some guy (whose family has a black-ticketing lineage) might have seen the opportunity in making some quick money by pre-booking temporarily in his name, and when the car is ready, he presents the "actual" owner. If the dealership staunchly refuses delivering the car to someone else, this situation would not arise - but I believe the dealership would prefer to make a sale without crying foul, now that the car is in their stock-yard.

How can one ascertain if the dealership has any knowledge of this racket?

On the other hand, blame the consumer who's ready to pony up more for the privilege to jump the line.

I do understand where you're coming from. Ford should have definitely made the booking process more transparent. Moreover, if the AT variants are indeed delayed, Ford ought to have made some official communication in this regard. But I'm surprised an OLX ad was enough to convince you that the dealership is involved in malpractice. If they really were, wouldn't they do a hush-hush job of it, rather than "announce" it on OLX?
Old 20th July 2013, 11:09   #2763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
The weakness could be in the lack of a strong non-transferability clause while pre-booking. Some guy (whose family has a black-ticketing lineage) might have seen the opportunity in making some quick money by pre-booking temporarily in his name, and when the car is ready, he presents the "actual" owner. If the dealership staunchly refuses delivering the car to someone else, this situation would not arise - but I believe the dealership would prefer to make a sale without crying foul, now that the car is in their stock-yard.

How can one ascertain if the dealership has any knowledge of this racket?

On the other hand, blame the consumer who's ready to pony up more for the privilege to jump the line.

I do understand where you're coming from. Ford should have definitely made the booking process more transparent. Moreover, if the AT variants are indeed delayed, Ford ought to have made some official communication in this regard. But I'm surprised an OLX ad was enough to convince you that the dealership is involved in malpractice. If they really were, wouldn't they do a hush-hush job of it, rather than "announce" it on OLX?
You have given the benefit of doubt to the dealers. Innocent until proven guilty. Fair enough. I for one, would like to believe that the dealers would want to make some quick buck while they can. After all, we are Indians right?
Old 20th July 2013, 12:54   #2764

After the launch delhi ford SA told me I can get the car If I agree to pay a premium.I was told to meet someone from the showroom in this regard,which I refused.Some dealers are involved definitely.But I booked through Harpreet ford, and so far my experience with them is pleasant.They seem to be transparent and fair.
Old 20th July 2013, 14:48   #2765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagha View Post
.Some dealers are involved definitely.But I booked through Harpreet ford, and so far my experience with them is pleasant.They seem to be transparent and fair.
+1
The same thing was told to my dad as well by Delhi Ford, infact i was shocked to hear this directly coming from a dealer.
Astro Ford, Delhi is also asking for premium and commiting a early delivery.

I too booked via Harpreet Ford and they seem to be fair so far, no asking of premium and forced accessories. Am not going to pay a penny for this black marketing, am excited but i have cars to travel and i will wait patiently for Ecosport.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 20th July 2013 at 14:50.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 16:52   #2766
BHPian

Has any of you been denied a test drive of Ecosport?

I have been denied a test drive by two dealers stating they have not yet received the diesel vehicle from Ford.
Old 20th July 2013, 17:49   #2767
BHPian

Just putting own my "check out the Eco Sport" moments. I sat inside the Titanium D version. I asked the sale guys does this model come with seat height adjustment - He said "yes - but its broken Sir". I was like ahem! I dunno why but the car felt cramped - both in front and rear seat. Just for comparisons I feel Wagon R and I20 more spacey / airy. Maybe its the black interiors.

Then I started my walk around admiring the wheels, GC, tailgate of the P version. I asked the sales guy to open the boot to check it. He said - "can't do Sir - battery is down". Does all the variant need battery to open the boot? Why can't they provide a simple mechanical boot release at least as a backup?

By than I lost my appetite for a test drive.

Somehow I feel more the technology loaded to the gills - more the chances of it failing.
Old 20th July 2013, 20:04   #2768
BHPian

Just got my Ecosport delivered today, Titanium (o) and I was wondering if I can get the mapmyindia device installed as a replacement screen to the OE dot matrix display. Any idea if I can do so, is the Fiesta's device same ?
Attached Images

Berry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 22:44   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Just got my Ecosport delivered today, Titanium (o) and I was wondering if I can get the mapmyindia device installed as a replacement screen to the OE dot matrix display. Any idea if I can do so, is the Fiesta's device same ?
Congrats on the Ecosport! How about sharing an ownership review ? A small comparison with the other cars in your garage would be lovely

As far as the OE screen goes,I think it can't be replaced. That same screen doubles up as the car's sync interface,rear parking sensor display and a whole lot of other things. Its better not to replace it and risk warranty issues later on. My 2 cents
Old 20th July 2013, 23:52   #2770

Don't know if it was smart of me to do Prebooking at 2 different dealers, anticipating at least one of them wud make it possible for me to get my choice of Color & variant available from first lot of vehicles. Well now that I'm a Proud owner of Sea Grey Titanium EcoBoost EcoSport from Dealer 1 in Less than a Month's time, I just got a call from Dealer 2 that Vehicle is available and I can meet regarding payment procedures by Monday

Wonder if I shud make some quick money from this or just buy another coz I luv the damn vehicle so much
Old 21st July 2013, 00:07   #2771
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Delivery of our Ford Ecosport Diesel Titanium!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-aaa.jpg  

Karthik1100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 00:55   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome pic berry even i have booked the same color waiting for my delivery which is possibly next month
Old 21st July 2013, 10:37   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Delivery of our Ford Ecosport Diesel Titanium!
Congratulations !

What is the mileage you guys getting? Have you two started with ownership reports ?
Old 21st July 2013, 12:27   #2774
Distinguished - BHPian

Incidentally as I was coming back from Delhi railway station yesterday around 10 pm, I saw a silver Ecosport being towed on a flatbed truck near India gate yesterday. For an Ecosport to fail so early could be a sign that in a rush to release it on time they may have skipped some quality aspects.
It may probably be better for all those wanting to buy the Ecosport to wait for a few months by when these issues should get sorted out and the euphoria of the price would have ended.
Old 21st July 2013, 16:32   #2775
BHPian

The dealer has called me and told me that my Ecosport Trend Diesel is in their yard. I am going to inspect the car tomorrow and give the documents for registration as well. I am hoping to take delivery by Friday

About the insurance, I am taking my own insurance and need some guidance from those who have done this Which is the best plan and what all should I look at? Thanks in advance for any help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks