Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 18:57   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

If this was on Saturday 29th June, then I was at the showroom the same time you were. The battery was down so they couldn't open the tailgate is what all sales executives mentioned. Later they got a figo to jump start the car and open the tailgate. As one of the sales exec was standing there to paste an A4 sized 'Don't close this door' note got busy answering a customer's urgent query, someone had forced shut the door already (in spite of keeping a thermocol piece at the bottom right side of the boot closing lock). Poor se was frustrated but he did well not to exhibit it. He was actually holding the paper note very close to the door. The Figo had also left by then. Ditto someone did the same on the other silver demo model as well.

From what I understood, there is no manual 'boot release' button on the inside (i searched the front driver seat for it as well and couldn't find one) but I could be wrong (didn't do a thorough search).

30-40 days waiting for a td? and then 3 months for it? If it's the TD you're indeed referring to, then you've got to be kidding. Whose feeding these rubbish info to you?

Not sure where you went but if you want a td of the ecoboost or the diesel, go to Elite Ford in Marathahalli ORR, meet either Marc or Yogesh and one of the gents will gladly arrange it for you. Wait times is atleast 2-3 hours at max.

Tip i was given was to go early morning at 9.30am and they could do a quick slot for you (i was promised that). Hope that helps.
My bad. Those were two separate lines. I use mobile to type.

I meant waiting period for the car to get delivered.

Yes i work on orr so went to elite ford only. They seem to be reasonable and its just that i am not used to 2-3 hours of waiting. One area where people should learn from Maruti or Hyundai.
Old 1st July 2013, 19:14   #2012
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Went to TI Ford today along with two of my colleagues to see the Ecosport. A Diamond White Diesel Titanium was on display. The rush to see and feel the Ecosport was simply too much. I am impressed with the gadgets which Ford has offered in the vehicle. But it can seat only 4.5 people which means my entire family cant travel with me. I didn't find the seats comfortable at all. Under thigh support was average but legroom was generous. Shoulder room is pathetic at the rear. The car is a great looker by the way. Ground clearance is a thumbs up in my city which has badly potholed roads and water logged stretches .But the rear boot door is totally out of place. I cant imagine anyone in my city being able to open that door while being parked.

I asked the SA how it will stack up against the Duster. He animatedly told that it is more than a match for it. He also informed that the waiting period for both Diesel and Petrol is 3 months something which I couldn't digest.

All in all its a great looking vehicle with plenty of gadgetry but whether it is a no-nonsense car only time will tell. In the words of Steve Jobs, does it work?
Old 1st July 2013, 19:15   #2013
BHPian

From all the reports/ interactions with various guys, I am quite sure that the AT version does not have the start-stop button.

The AT is available only in the Titanium variant. It has 6 airbags. However it is the only Titanium which does not have a 'Smart Keyless Entry' & Start-Stop Button.

Att. are certain pics (taken from the brochure) for your reference.

If you look at these, there is an asterisk alongside the features 'Smart Keyless Entry'(pic1) and 'Push Button Start' (pic2).
These features are not available in the Automatic Transmission(pic3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
We were told at Harpreet Ford Gurgaon that the start stop feature will be there in the auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Any comments on this....

On the AT model, it looks like there is no start stop button (based on the brochure) and the dealership guys are not very clear if it is going to be a key less entry (keep the key in your pocket) with an ignition key or it would be just a regular key with remote opening closing function? any idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-es1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-es2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-es3.jpg  

gaurav911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 19:46   #2014
BHPian

I had test drive at Talera Ford in PUNE on Saturday. I had to wait for about an hour for it,but the rush was Hugh and I kind of expected the delay. There were a couple of things I noted. Firstly the clutch kickback action was prominent as if the pedal is mightily pushing your leg back. It was more than I am used to in my Linea or Spark. My wife pointed out the same to me. Secondly what's the deal with 50000rs accessories made compulsory by the company. The SA could not even name one accessory in that.
Old 1st July 2013, 19:56   #2015
BHPian

The Ecosport doesn't have the conventional door locking mechanism. There is a button on the center panel which locks the door. Once locked doors cannot be opened from outside, but any door can be opened from the inside.

Now how does one inside know if the doors are locked or not? This cannot be checked by the door opening lever since it will open the door irrespective of the door being locked or not. Can any of you planning to visit tomorrow check this please.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:00   #2016
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post

Now how does one inside know if the doors are locked or not? This cannot be checked by the door opening lever since it will open the door irrespective of the door being locked or not. Can any of you planning to visit tomorrow check this please.
There's small light on that button in the centre console which indicates if doors are locked or not.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 20:27   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
An update to the complaint I had logged with Ford regarding Elite Ford's insistence on insurance through them or they would not Finally, I got exasperated and asked him to send the god forsaken mail saying insurance or accessories are optional though I don't see how that will help me if the dealer decides to play games with the allocation. So, if things are not settled amicably with the dealer, I guess I have no option but consumer court.
Well you need not tell the dealership that you will be taking the insurance cover independently. Once the vehicle is allocated to you and you are told to complete the formalitiesnand make the payment, onlt they should you lay your card on the table. In case they try to wriggle out raise bloody hell.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:39   #2018
BHPian

Booked my Ecosport Titanium Diesel at Planet Ford, Pune. I have earmarked the colour option as either moondust silver or sea grey as i couldn't decide between the two. Will take a call and confirm the colour tomorrow.
The dealer insisted that i take the additional accessories worth 5500/- on inquiring what i would be getting for that moolah, he tells me mud flaps and floor mats. i told him to take a hike and was taking back my signed cheque, he suddenly changed his act and said that it was okay if i didnt want those accessories. i made sure he wrote that down in my booking form. insurance he was adamant about taking through the dealership, though he said that NCB from my previous insurance will be attached to the new insurance, thereby giving me a benefit of 50% on insurance quote.
One query i had was during the test drive, i put the car in reverse and even though reverse parking sensors were installed, they didnt work. on checking with the SA, he said that the cars sensors were not connected and on the titanium trim and above the rear sensors are only audible alarms, for visual display on the MID it would come as a paid accessory. i dont think that is the case. Could any of you confirm if you'll have experienced the reverse sensor display as well audible sound during your test drives. The ford website shows the MID display for obstructions when using the reverse parking sensors.
Would appreciate the input.
zimbly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 20:44   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Been hearing several issues of Ford dealers arm twisting buyers on insurance and options package for quick allotment. My cousin had same scene. I think the issue is the buyers excitement that they are leveraging. Making hay when the sun is shining.

Dealers will come to their senses when the initial frenzy dies. Relax people.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:45   #2020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbly View Post
One query i had was during the test drive, i put the car in reverse and even though reverse parking sensors were installed, they didnt work. on checking with the SA, he said that the cars sensors were not connected and on the titanium trim and above the rear sensors are only audible alarms, for visual display on the MID it would come as a paid accessory. i dont think that is the case. Could any of you confirm if you'll have experienced the reverse sensor display as well audible sound during your test drives. The ford website shows the MID display for obstructions when using the reverse parking sensors.
Would appreciate the input.
The titanium option got audible alarms and display on the center MID. Checked this yesterday.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 20:45   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Alright guys, I posted my ownership review in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3166034 as requested.
quickdraw is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 22:02   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

It is not the waiting period from Ford that is bothering me. I just can't understand why so many people are selling off their good trusty vehicles in exchange for a new time-untested vehicle. Just because it is new creates a lot of hullabaloo? I agree that pricing is good, but why doesn't the same prospective customer think about what he gets in return for his money. Seriously, where is the space that makes an SUV an SUV?

To my eyes, people inside the EcoSport look so big and cramped, compared to the vehicle. Do they even sit so close?

Disclaimer: I've not seen an Ecosport in person and my comments are based on pictures from the www. Tall boy, it will be for me, till then.
Just saw two ecosports yesterday, one with temp registration and another a test drive vehicle. I wouldnt say it had the road presence like the duster. It was more of a handsome compact car jacked up with large wheels and one behind. For example a polo on stilts, not intimidating at all. But a clean design nonetheless.
Old 1st July 2013, 22:13   #2023
BHPian

Moderator note: Back to back post, use Multi Quote (Quote +) Instead. Thanks.

If your are looking for alternative I would say Polo GT its a fantastic car
but then it too has a waiting period of 2-3 months
IMHO GT is one of the best AT i have driven in sub 10lac pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Guys, spoke to the sale guy in Mumbai to check the tentative time before I can get my hands on AT.
==========
There is light at the end of the tunnel if I get 1L discount on Dec 2012 Style AT. I am dreaming.
Please ask the dealer to give in writing that he will not allocate the car if insurance and accessories are not bought through him

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
An update to the complaint I had logged with Ford regarding Elite Ford's insistence on insurance through them or they would not allocate a car to me.
=============
So, if things are not settled amicably with the dealer, I guess I have no option but consumer court.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st July 2013 at 22:40. Reason: Back to back post, use Multi Quote (Quote +) Instead. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2013, 22:43   #2024
BHPian

I received a list of accessories from wasan ford @ mumbai. Surprised to see "Rear Arm rest with cup holder" listed for 1759/- Always felt that absence of rear arm rest was a sore point. Ford india website doesnt show this accessory..any views/ news??
Old 1st July 2013, 23:30   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner View Post
I received a list of accessories from wasan ford @ mumbai. Surprised to see "Rear Arm rest with cup holder" listed for 1759/- Always felt that absence of rear arm rest was a sore point. Ford india website doesnt show this accessory..any views/ news??
I think it's not a integrated armrest but a removable armrest. None of the sales representatives have an idea of how it looks. When a boot mat costs 1.5 k with them I don't expect an decently integrated armrest at <2k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks