Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 23:57   #2026
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Going by the current data, Ford has got a winner on its hands. Wonder how the service centers are going to cope up with the sheer numbers. Being a current Ford owner I know how the workshops are stressed and stretched already with space and manpower constraints.
Old 2nd July 2013, 03:35   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
An update to the complaint I had logged with Ford regarding Elite Ford's insistence on insurance through them or they would not allocate a car to me. They had promised to resolve the issue today and promptly called me. But there is not much "resolving" happening. The ford customer care guy called and said he would send me an email confirming that insurance and any accessories are optional.

Finally, I got exasperated and asked him to send the god forsaken mail saying insurance or accessories are optional though I don't see how that will help me if the dealer decides to play games with the allocation. So, if things are not settled amicably with the dealer, I guess I have no option but consumer court.
Hey all EcoSport to be owners ,

I am getting delivery of my EcoSport TDCi Titanium on wendnesday (3rd July), i booked it a couple of weeks back knowing(Believing) that it would not cross 10 lacs OTR. But it was 10.33 lacs OTR with essential pack (Rs.7700) and Insurance (Rs.34K).

I just said remove insurance and that mud flap, floor mat thingy out of the proforma invoice. My SA denied. I asked him to call his Boss as I did not want to waste time arguing with him and again the same with his boss or manager.

His manager said its special Ford approved insurance and this has to be taken for all EcoSport cars across India. I said i have been following this car for a year and know what tactics Ford dealers do across India to push these on customers. I said I have been to Skoda, Maruti and Nissan show rooms where we took our own insurance and even we did our own PDI and selected the car we want. He refused again saying "If you take an insurance on your own, then if you have some claims or issues we wont help" I said I will not seek for your help, Just let me get my own insurance and knock off that stupid essential pack as well.

I said call your sales manager, let me talk to him. He said I am the manager. I asked for the GM (sales) or customer service. He said no one can help Sir, it is a direction from FORD itself. I asked him to show me the direction from FORD. He said its confidential and cannot show. I said "then keep it confidential and do not force it on me". Do not waste my time, I do not mind cancelling my booking and the other dealer across the city is allowing for own insurance. He said "Let me talk to FORD and come back".
My brother was with me who said "talk to FORD, who ? Alan ? " The Manager went into a cabin of his, The SA came back after 5 mins and he said You can take your own insurance and can remove the Essential stupid pack of accessories.

So at last, the OTR has come down to Rs.10.03 lacs. As I got insurance for Rs.22K (Zero-Dep) from outside. I got loan from SBI, applied on saturday and got the DD on Monday afternoon 3 o clock. Appreciate the serivce.

So, Guys push the SA. Ask for Manager, GM, MD or who ever it is. Talk to them saying "do all these tricks with people who come across without the know-how to take insurance outside and leave us". Also informed the SA that "We stand along and recommend quite a few number of buyers in the future". It worked for me. Try it.

Of course used the TBHP name.

All the best.

Do not budge.

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd July 2013 at 08:29.
revv_maniac is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 07:57   #2028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
Going by the current data, Ford has got a winner on its hands. Wonder how the service centers are going to cope up with the sheer numbers. Being a current Ford owner I know how the workshops are stressed and stretched already with space and manpower constraints.
This is exactly what I was thinking.
Most delhi service centres are incompetent, and already thin in the ground.
They couldn't manage volumes before the figo came out,and after was pure surgery without anaesthesia.
With such an in demand product, I expect people to take planned leaves on week days to drop and pick their cars.
Old 2nd July 2013, 08:10   #2029
BHPian

I can foresee the same. With limited service capabilities and such high demands for the product the situation will.ask.for deft handling by the ASCs
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:34   #2030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbly View Post
One query i had was during the test drive, i put the car in reverse and even though reverse parking sensors were installed, they didnt work.
==============
The ford website shows the MID display for obstructions when using the reverse parking sensors.
Would appreciate the input.
During my TD in Titanium Diesel They had visual display. Due to a lot of noise couldn't hear audio warnings
Kal.Wiz. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:45   #2031
BHPian

The Ecosport pricing is surely going to trigger a price war at the entry level Urban SUV segment. I am sure that we can expect strong retaliation from Maruti,Mahendra,Renault and Nissan too.
It might even prey upon potential Figo buyers and the likes too .
Old 2nd July 2013, 11:17   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
At least in Hyderabad they are expanding the service facilities by great margin. They are bringing an all new service centre and expanding another one. So I think they will be doing the same in all other cities as well.
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:14   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
I am getting delivery of my EcoSport TDCi Titanium on wendnesday (3rd July), i booked it a couple of weeks back knowing(Believing) that it would not cross 10 lacs OTR. But it was 10.33 lacs OTR with essential pack (Rs.7700) and Insurance (Rs.34K).
I feel the pricing above 10 lacs for the top-end version of the Ford Ecosport seems quite high compared to the seating options and size of the vehicle. It is somewhat closer to the Maruti Ertiga ZDi variant. The ZDi is priced around 10.5 lacs. Did you consider the Ertiga by any chance?
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:47   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
The Ecosport doesn't have the conventional door locking mechanism. There is a button on the center panel which locks the door. Once locked doors cannot be opened from outside, but any door can be opened from the inside.

Now how does one inside know if the doors are locked or not? This cannot be checked by the door opening lever since it will open the door irrespective of the door being locked or not. Can any of you planning to visit tomorrow check this please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There's small light on that button in the centre console which indicates if doors are locked or not.
This is similar to Volkswagen. The challenge with this kind of a set up is when you are carrying children in the back seat. I had quite a scare the other day when my cousin's kid in the back seat tugged on the lever & the door opened. Having a double locking mechanism is important IMHO.
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:57   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
This is similar to Volkswagen. The challenge with this kind of a set up is when you are carrying children in the back seat. I had quite a scare the other day when my cousin's kid in the back seat tugged on the lever & the door opened. Having a double locking mechanism is important IMHO.
Children being children, will learn how to open individual locks also. The only way to make sure children are safe in the backseat is to make them sit in a car seat AND engage the child lock. The rear seats in the Ecosport have a child lock and with that engaged, the doors cannot be opened from the inside.
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:57   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Hey all EcoSport to be owners ,

Hi, Congratulations. I would like to appreciate that you made a stand and stuck to it. So I assume we can expect an ownership report very soon in our forum.

Can you let us know which dealer you are buying the car from?

Rgds
Dinesh
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:59   #2037
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
The rear seat does have a child lock and that should have been enabled. The system is proper but one must always enable child lock on rear doors if travelling with children and they must always be seated in the rear.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:39   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
So, Guys push the SA. Ask for Manager, GM, MD or who ever it is. Talk to them saying "do all these tricks with people who come across without the know-how to take insurance outside and leave us". Also informed the SA that "We stand along and recommend quite a few number of buyers in the future". It worked for me. Try it.
When I heard that dealers were forcing compulsory accessories and insurance onto customers whether they liked it or not, this is what first came to my mind.
I can't understand how anyone can take that kind of behaviour. There should not have been a single person who accepted any such 'compulsory' item and these tactics, least of all a team-bhpian.
Kudos to revv_maniac, and as a community I hope we can show these dealers that we are not going to give in to their bullying.
EagleEye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 15:22   #2039
BHPian

It is perhaps the same story everywhere.
I was asked to agree to insurance, extended warranty, standard accessories and a handling charges of Rs.10,000/-
Wrote to Ford, got a call this morning with a promise for a follow up call, Nothing so far.
Old 2nd July 2013, 15:38   #2040
BHPian

For all those who have booked and taken delivery, has anyone opted for the spare wheel cover as an accessory. The dealer is quoting 12.5K for the spare wheel cover and 7.5K for the illuminated cuff plates. Can anyone confirm this price, i personally felt its too steep specially the spare wheel cover.

VVB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks