Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2013, 22:07   #1966

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Was at harpreet ford showroom at moti nagar today.Since I had already pre booked an ecosport AT before the launch I had taken my family to show them the available colours.I had finalised on black.I saw Mr Joginder singh at the showroom along with the GM.I went up up to him and congratulated him.No one except the staff was aware of his presence.He inquired whether I have booked the car.I said yes but told him I was disappointed that the AT does not have leather seats.I requested him If something can be done about it.I was told that they have taken note of it and will communicate regarding the same.I was informed that I will get the delivery in july.( no date specified).I am quite happy about my interaction with Harpreet ford.On the other hand I have come across two other dealers(one is in my area)who are calling up my friends promising them immediate delivery of diesel variants on certain terms and conditions.I wonder what will happen to genuine customers who have already booked with them.uptill now I have found Harpreet ford to be Fair and transparent.so far so good.
bagha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 22:16   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
So have you not been offered test drives till now? or is there to much waiting time for a TD?

Also, does anybody here know whether any EcoSport has been delivered till now?(other than the one Achyuth Vaibhav talked about)
I cant really blame the dealership. It was me who went on a sunday evening, when hundreds of others were checking out too.

Dealer politely told me that its best if you can come on a weekday and peacefully have a detailed test drive.

From what i see, 50K booking and 3K cancellation charges mean: people are only staring at this car. They might TD it too. But only those who are really interested in it(or dont mind loosing 3K just like that) will go ahead and book it.

Which could mean either people are genuinely queuing up for this car OR there is just a hype around saying 6 month waiting period(might be for EcoBoost AT or so) and real world estimates of 30-40 days waiting seem reasonable.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 07:43   #1968
BHPian

Has Harpreet ford Gurgaon started deliveries ? The sales guy there told me that deliveries will start by next week only and he can tell me the exact allocations and waiting period only after that. Ofcourse a 3 months waiting is like the standard SLA these guys are telling everyone.
Old 1st July 2013, 08:50   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Totally Off Topic: Mods please remove the post if you think its not worth it.

I normally use the posts in Team-BHP Official Reviews to gauge market reception of vehicles.
- I am not surprized that Ecosport thread has added 55 pages (almost 750 posts) in just 5 days!!!. Guess thats a record for any thread in Team-BHP.
- Moreover, Ecosport Review thread has moved to Top 10 in terms of post count in Official New Car Review. I am sure it would move to top 1 or 2 in matter of weeks.
- Funnily the thread with most number of posts / visit is also a Ford one, for Ford Figo.

VFM price, does garner good visit and posts in TBHP..great job
Old 1st July 2013, 09:31   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
7. Dealer claims city mileage of 18 for diesel(Ya right!! ) and 20+ on highways. But 15 kmpl in Bangalore city looks reasonable as its same engine running on Fiesta. Highway mileage of 18-19 would make me happy.
The dealer isn't wide off the mark, I used to get 17 in Bangalore traffic with AC when I was using the new Fiesta for a while. 20 on the highway with full load - provided you keep speed under 120kmph. The problem in town is the gearing, I am not sure Ford will do anything about that if mileage is going to be affected.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 09:52   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thanks, just read the review; a bit concerned from the comments in the article that there is not much power for overtaking?

Did anyone get to test drive the Automatic in the dealerships? none of the Dealers in Bangalore has an automatic for test drive.
Read the review. Do not worry too much. These guys always compare it with their 2L DSG equipped Audis & expect similar response.

My take as a person driving a Santro AT. It (Santro's box) is a low tech 4 speed slush box. Every review I read online was critical of its response time & sluggishness. My real world experience has been the opposite. The box has been optimised for city traffic & if you keep that in mind it performs admirably well. If you want full bore acceleration you just switch off the OD button(similar to putting in sports mode on the Ford) & you get maniacal (considering the puny hp output of the engine) acceleration. Many a times I have got some skeptical friends close to wetting their pants -he he. On highway drives, with 2 of us & luggage on board, I have hung on to the tails of many a Laura, Scorpio & Cruzes. Only backed off when the roads got too twisty or wife got too scared. Need to keep in mind that it is a city oriented car.

I believe something similay will be the case with the Ecosport AT. Optimised for city use & use the Sport mode if you want full bore acceleration. After all it is positioned as an urban SUV.

Am told by my friendly Ford dealer that the AT will arrive in a weeks time. Will take a test drive & update.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 10:19   #1972
Distinguished - BHPian

Deliveries started in Cochin. Saw three Ecosports, 2 whites and one sea gray. One was loaded with accessories like Spare wheel cover, spoiler, side foot step etc. One more car parked outside the showroom for delivery.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 10:19   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The dealer isn't wide off the mark, I used to get 17 in Bangalore traffic with AC when I was using the new Fiesta for a while. 20 on the highway with full load - provided you keep speed under 120kmph. The problem in town is the gearing, I am not sure Ford will do anything about that if mileage is going to be affected.
Yes, New Fiesta seem to be having good FE figures. Sadly i dont know anyone who owns it. It hardly sells. But yesterday i noticed people checking out Fiesta because EcoSport was overcrowded.

I too did the same. But i did not like the interior space of Fiesta. I think Ford has liberated more rear leg room by pushing the wheels to 4 corners in EcoSport.
Old 1st July 2013, 10:51   #1974
BHPian

Guys since the titanium model offers only push start/stop and no key starter, what do you think are the chances for the start/stop button to fail. If so we would be stuck unable to start the car. Would like to know your comments
Old 1st July 2013, 11:05   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Guys since the titanium model offers only push start/stop and no key starter, what do you think are the chances for the start/stop button to fail. If so we would be stuck unable to start the car. Would like to know your comments
What do you mean "no" key starter? It has the regular key setup as well.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:08   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
What do you mean "no" key starter? It has the regular key setup as well.
I dont think it comes with the normal key setup. Start-stop is the only option.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:11   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I dont think it comes with the normal key setup. Start-stop is the only option.
Absolutely. Start/Stop is the only option. And since its all electric do you think failure chances are high ?
Old 1st July 2013, 11:19   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. Start/Stop is the only option. And since its all electric do you think failure chances are high ?
I dont think it is a problem. It could be a problem if the battery goes kaput. But then it would be the same even with the normal key setup.
Havent heard of this issue with any car having start/stop.
zteg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 11:21   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
I just want to briefly narrate an event that happened a few weeks back. I was in Ooty and my 5 year old kid suddenly fell ill. It started becoming worse and I wanted to take my car out to admit her into a hospital - decidedly a nervous time for me. Behind my car was a parked Cruze and there was no way I could have taken out my car, without moving the car behind. It was night 11PM, and the owner was not anywhere nearby, but the security supposedly had the keys. We were losing time but the car wouldn't start because it had a 'start button' instead of keys. We all took about 5-10 mins to figure this out. The security had the key but no one knew how make the car start as the presence of the key (along with all buttons in on position) nearby did not make any difference. It was a frustrating experience for all involved and everybody cursed the 'start button' feature. This taught us the value of doing things conventionally. Finally we pushed the car manually and made space for my car to get out - not before I got plenty of scratches due to the tight space.

Lesson learned:

1. Park such that you can get out under any circumstances.
2. Avoid cars that do things unconventionally - like the start button.

A very good question from your side on the reliability of this button. I dont have an answer to this.

Its incorrect to assume everybody is technically inclined and everybody would be aware of how things work differently for different cars. Some things should be left as-is. This is purely my perspective. I am for things improving incrementally. Ford should have given both the options just to let the masses get familiarized with new technologies, given the frequent situations when these cars end up with Valet parking guys more frequently.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:23   #1980
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the car will not have a normal key input ignition in Titanium models. However the remote will have a key inside. Just open it to reveal the manual key. See pic for the missing key type ignition.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20130614_175727.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks