Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2013, 03:32   #1861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The VIN which can be seen through the front windshield is a nice touch.
Was it a display/test drive car? From the VIN looks like a 2013 Jan model!
(11th char - D for 2013, 12th char - B for Jan)
Old 29th June 2013, 07:57   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Hey guys,

I'm the guy who won the Urban Discoveries contest.

I'm currently pondering over which color/variant to go for (Yes ford let me choose). I'd love to talk to anyone curious about the EcoBoost (lived with it for a few weeks).

Fun fact : I have to pay 30% of the ex-showroom value of the varient/model I choose, thanks to The Govt of India's "Gift Tax"
Congrats manav !

I remember when you told me you are gonna do everything to win it , and here it is , in your garage !!!

Taxes and other stuff were to be borne by the winner was already mentioned in the terms and conditions. But still it will be less than half the price you will be paying for the vehicle !
Old 29th June 2013, 08:09   #1863
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Hey guys,

Attachment 1103816

I'm currently pondering over which color/variant to go for (Yes ford let me choose). I'd love to talk to anyone curious about the EcoBoost (lived with it for a few weeks).

Fun fact : I have to pay 30% of the ex-showroom value of the varient/model I choose, thanks to The Govt of India's "Gift Tax"
To give you the actual size of the car, it's better to go for either Silver/White (Even Chill is a light colour , but for me it looks like a dull colour). If you want a stand out looks, then you can go for Grey, Blue or Mars red.

It would be great if you can just write down your experience with EcoBoost for 3 weeks. So many people here are eager to know your long term ownership
Old 29th June 2013, 08:21   #1864
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
ESP is one gizmo that keeps the rubber on the ground, but only the Polo TSI comes with that today. And I'm talking about cars in the 10 lakh range.
True. That’s why I am a bit baffled that Ford has decided to have ESP available only on the Petrol AT model, and not on any other variants (even on the Titanium+).

Quote:
Congratulations! You can actually start composing the ownership review now itself, considering that you have already spend some good amount of time with the car
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 08:40   #1865
BHPian

Re: The Gandhidham ES Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
I was a first hand witness to this incident. And incidentally I along with my friend were there to get assurance regarding this same Stability thing.
Scary incident. And not at all confident inspiring. I think it is easy to blame it on driver fault. That said, I think the car does not seem to be confident inspiring at all .

How many cars have you seen topple on test drives?

It may or may not have to do with the light steering (paired with the increased ground). Not having driven the EcoSport and having to rely on reviews alone, I can only compare it to my Wagon R. Light steering, but not-so-high ground clearance, but still a wobbly old car. I can push it to 120 and above yes, but I don't do it - it is not at all confident inspiring. So on the face of it, I think most drivers should not push this car. Drive it sedately - like you would do a Wagon R/tall boy. Not all of us are supposed to be "great" drivers, are we? Otherwise every toppled car will be blamed on "driver fault."

As an alternative Ford should put a disclaimer on the car. Don't push it above this speed, or else. Or better put in a speed regulator.

However, I will reserve my final opinion only after test driving it in a few days' time (hopefully). But I sure won't push it past 100, that is 100% confirmed. Not on any test drive. Not thereafter.

Now I come across this very nice review on Youtube. Nice, because I thought it was balanced - unlike a lot of reviews out there.

Points to look out for in the video. I know it is a bit lengthy, but the balanced review is worth a look.

00:52 - You can see what looks like our very own Vid6639 checking out the car.

7:00 - That plastic seems too loose he says, shaking the instrument panel with his hands. The quality on the dash is all going to come off it seems.

8:25 - The boot space is primarily due to the height of the space, which is mostly unusable.

10:57 - Speaks about the light steering. Seems pretty disappointed. All I can think of is that he must have been coming from a Figo!

11:32 - The skiddish tyres. Really! These big 16 incher 205 tires are skidding! He mentions this more than once. And I have not come across this in too many reviews, but he specifically mentions that the car seems to skid even at speeds of 80 to 100 kmph. Not good.

Lot of other points like absence of grab handles for passengers to hold on to while the car is skidding! (D-Teambhpian Shankar.Balan has been also mentioning the lack of this on the top version time and again. Refer post.).

All in all, this car needs a closer look I say.

Last edited by johy : 29th June 2013 at 08:46.
johy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 08:43   #1866
BHPian

Re: The Gandhidham ES Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Accidents are driver's fault. Minimizing the damages (specially to you) is the vehicle's job. I am sure the occupants are all right.
Looks like, the car did that job very well. The passenger cabin looks intact. If it had been a Maruti, the car would have become a Lijjat Papad.

But, I think I'd go slow taking delivery of my copy. Dealer is asking for a 3 month wait, so I am gonna WAIT and watch if any more topplings are taking place.

We never know what Ford did to the car to bring its price to 5.59L

Last edited by civic-sense : 29th June 2013 at 08:46.
Old 29th June 2013, 09:07   #1867
Senior - BHPian

The Ecosport is driving everyone crazy at the Office, almost all weekend plans include a visit to the Ford showroom for this week, next week is going to be very interesting, getting opinions from various folk who saw the Ecosport in the flesh.

The same thing happened when the Duster was launched, the showrooms were full and the staff were hard pressed handling the crowd, its Ecosport mania time!
Old 29th June 2013, 09:11   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Attachment 1103816

Hey i am going for an ecoboost. Though a short TD was nothing significant, i liked the rev. Would be great if you can share your views on ecoboost...Thnx
Old 29th June 2013, 09:21   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
It would be great if you can just write down your experience with EcoBoost for 3 weeks. So many people here are eager to know your long term ownership
+1 to that and congrats Manav. Actually, you have experienced the car a lot more than any of us, so you should tell us if the car deserves the attention, and if the ecoboost engine is actually fun-to-drive. Having used the car for 15 days and driving it in all sorts of urban driving situations puts you in a unique position in this community - we look forward to hearing opinion.
Old 29th June 2013, 09:25   #1870
BHPian

@Quickdraw - Congratulations on the win, it is really awesome a T-Bhpinan won this.
I am sure you are planning a separate thread on the whole experience. Enjoy your ride.
Old 29th June 2013, 09:37   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Interesting thing - I was unable to check out the boot of the display vehicle here (Titanium, TDCi, Sea Grey color) as the sensor on the tailgate was not working.
Reason given by the SE- A huge crowd has come to the showroom since morning and due to constant opening of the doors/ operating the music system - the battery has conked out. Hence the sensor to open the tailgate is not functional and can't be opened!

Firstly, it shows the unprofessionalism/ lack of preparation of the dealership.

I guess some serious 'Product Knowledge' & 'Customer Handling' Training is required.
Thanks for the info Gaurav, let me share my experience.

Firstly I have been following the tread for a long time now and with all the info leaks, it felt like I was educating the sales exec's.

The guy I have been dealing with for the past few months is Nitesh Khatwani @ SG Cargo. He is just a child and does show he inst ready to handle the requests or take a decision. More so, he is very uncooperative.

I have been asking for a quote for over a few days and his excuses and the dealerships reasons were that the quote cannot be given since you MUST finance with them, including the insurance.

Then when I got a bit loud with them and stood my ground, the manager stated that no, you could finance from anyone you like, but you would get the car quicker if you finance from us.

I know that they are earning very little on the Ecosport, and the only way they could make money is to add the accessory pack, force the insurance and financing from them.

Now I dont have an issue financing from them, but the organization I work for which is quite reputable is formed with a Partnership Firm, and they don't finance to those types of registered companies. So its a catch 22 for me, I cannot get the car because they wont allow me to get it from my own bank nor will they give me a loan. They even refuse to take all cash (not that I have that much laying around).

I am heading there today to speak with the GM as one of my friends is related to him, I am sure that it will do some good there but I am so turned down by the experience that if it doesn't workout today, I am calling it quits with the car and will spend the extra and get something else.

You are correct about the accessories pack, here is the speal they gave me:

"You will get the Spoiler, 15' allows, mud flaps, floor mats, trunk mat, chrome front grill, fog lamps, and Vinyl Seats" Considering that all these make close to 50k based on the price sheets on the forums, its hard to believe that you will get all these, then I asked if there could be a substitute for anything, he said he doesn't have the exact list and is just shooting out what he THINKS it would include.

YOU MUST choose the pack NOW or be left out of the "Amazing Deal"

Anyway, lets see whats done today.
Old 29th June 2013, 10:13   #1872
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Hey guys,

Well done matey!
Wishing you much fun, enjoyment and safe driving with your new 'Urban Discovery Partner'!
Having never won anything this substantial in my life I ve always wondered what it feels like...
At least we get to live through the process with you in a vicarious manner...
If I were you I would choose the Red. It has 'energy'.
Also, how was the EcoBoost. I really like that new technology petrol engine concept and am dying to TD it.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th June 2013 at 10:14.
Old 29th June 2013, 10:16   #1873
BHPian

Quote:

First you do a review of the event, and then we talk
manolin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 10:48   #1874
BHPian

Well, my two cents -
1. MRFs aren't good on a car this tall. The toppled car photos expose them. I do think its got to do a lot with the driver and road conditions but the hardness of MRF doesn't inspire confidence with car of these dimensions.
2. The oncars.in review also speaks of tire skid and absence of grab handles. I would request all of us to make sure we don't need grab handles before going for the titanium+.
Old 29th June 2013, 10:50   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
I'd love to talk to anyone curious about the EcoBoost
One big question everyone here has is on the realtime milage of the Ecoboost.
TD vehicle's average will be unreliable because of the obvious reasons.
What was your observation on this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks