Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 14:08   #361
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Is there a date announced for the launch yet?
Old 31st May 2013, 14:10   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv1 View Post
Is there a date announced for the launch yet?
believe it is 11th of June. Read it somewhere in this forum itself.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:14   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
EcoSport Diesel Review added to the opening page. Direct link to post.
Now, when can we have a test drive review of the 1.5L petrol? Is it on the anvil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The steering is definitely light and very unlike a Ford. I have not driven the new Fiesta, so I can't compare the two. Having said that I would not say it is as bad as a Hyundai.
If they are pandering to the masses on the steering, they should have done so with the suspension as well!
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 14:17   #364
BHPian

Quote:
You must try driving it at high speed. The steering requires constant corrections to move in a straight line. Only other car I've seen this in is the Hyundai Verna.
GTO, I have question here.

Is this because of the EPS settings have been adjusted for Ecosport, if so can we tune the settings in ECU; accordingly to the New Fiesta which feels better to steer when compared to Ecosport one? or it requires a mechanical adjustments?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bageherath : 31st May 2013 at 14:20.
Old 31st May 2013, 15:04   #365
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive says :

Quote:
While outright power isn’t this engine’s strongpoint, fuel efficiency is. During our drive that included both highway, urban and ghat sections the EcoSport averaged a very decent 13.5kmpl with the air con on full blast. The ARAI claimed number is a high 22.7kmpl.
That 13.5 kmpl doesnt sound good enough to me. I was expecting something around 15kmpl. Diesel doesn't seems like the way to go unless this is a ploy to sell the ecoboost more!
Old 31st May 2013, 15:42   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Overdrive says :

That 13.5 kmpl doesnt sound good enough to me. I was expecting something around 15kmpl. Diesel doesn't seems like the way to go unless this is a ploy to sell the ecoboost more!
Must be a rough estimate of short test drive. They have said full details will be shared later.

Ifeel it should be safe to assume 13-15 is for city conditions and 16-17 for highway conditions. anything more is a bonus.
Old 31st May 2013, 17:24   #367
Senior - BHPian

So much of hope and waiting and hype on a compact SUV from ford and overall impression is very disappointing. I always wanted my next upgrade to be a compact SUV but leaning more towards the Duster as of now. Final decision only after a proper test drive of both, which I will have to wait couple of months more. But I am sure, its the right vehicle for many who will be happy with whatever is offered with it. I want 5 people to fit in and more luggage to be pushed in
Old 31st May 2013, 17:26   #368
BHPian

Good review of the Diesel Version, awaiting the 1.5L Auto review and then its all set to sign to the cheque.
I test drove the New Fiesta Diesel late last year and couldnt believe from the NVH characterstics that it was Diesel under the hood.
Good to hear about the clutch, minimal turbo lag and the underside cover.
Again not a fan of the light steering, its surely pain during highway driving.
Question: How does the horn sound on the Ecosport?
Old 31st May 2013, 19:02   #369
BHPian

Quote:
EcoSport Diesel Review added to the opening page. Direct link to post.

Since some BHPians asked for pictures of the car in a different colour, we've included some exterior angles.
Thanks for the continuing superb coverage

Can we also expect a 1.5 AT review of Ecosport?

That would be just enough for us to decide which one to go for.
Old 31st May 2013, 19:56   #370
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review of what seems to be (IMO) an excellent vehichle! As others have very rightly mentioned; pricing will be the key.

About the "emergency dial out" feature - I wish that Ford provided the option of inputting an "emergency no." (friend / family) that would get dialled out in case of an untoward incident. That same no. would receive the GPS co-ordinates as well. This way I can ensure that the details are going out to someone who understands what those numbers mean & will most definitely respond to my cry for help.

Given the deplorable state of affairs in our great nation; that ambulance may or may not turn up. This could actually mean the difference between life & death.

Oh well; at least Ford thought of something like this. Good on them! But they do have the opportunity to exploit this feature's capabilities to the fullest. I hope they consider this.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 20:54   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Driving the 1.5L TDCi Diesel

Outright power can be termed as adequate. On the open road, the EcoSport diesel hits 100 - 120 kph reasonably quickly. Progress tapers off after that. No, it doesn't feel under-powered, but the EcoSport diesel doesn't have the Duster 110's legs on the highway either.
Beyond 100-120 kph, you have mentioned that progress tapers, which in fact was one of my major concerns. How does it compare to the progress of 85ps Duster after those speeds. If it is similar, then for me 85 PS Duster will make more sense.

Both 85 PS & 110 PS I had test driven had really impressive refinement in side the cabin. Both felt better to my 1.6 CRDI Verna. Is Ecosport better, similar or inferior in this deptt. to Duster ?

Your valued input will be of great help GTO.

Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 21:16   #372
BHPian

Great review, mate ! The Ecosport looks better in these pics than I remember seeing the first final styling prototypes earlier this year.

I hope Ford doesn't price this car too high, it's sure got potential to take the market by storm, given our road conditions, many would like a high GC vehicle that's compact and easy to park/maneuver as an everyday ride. One of my relatives has booked one, so hopefully I will get a close look and drive in a month or two.
Old 31st May 2013, 22:17   #373
BHPian

I have been waiting for EcoSport for a really long time now. First of all thank you guys for such a brilliant review.
I have been thinking of upgrading to a compact SUV, hatchback or a sedan whichever comes under 11 lakhs on road and is fully loaded. Oh ! and is a pleasure to drive. i am not looking at diesel as my running is fairly low, about 700 kms per month and not consistent. sometimes I only travel about 30 km, in a week and so test drove everything i could under 11 lakhs.
Duster was out, as its expensive here in guwahati. - rxz(o) 13.5 OTR
Safari storme is out, although this one is really comfortable, TASS is horrible here and storme's equipment list isn't healthy at all.
Drove Fiesta automatic the other day and boy, I am sold on this one. what a car and what a package. I wanted it right after i got out of the car, when the test drive was over.
Ford in this part of our country holds an added advantage for me as i know the dealer personally and that 10 year warranty on DCT sweetens the deal too much.
Just waiting for the 1.5 auto review for ecosport and will bite the bullet.

Last edited by blurust : 31st May 2013 at 22:23. Reason: typo
Old 31st May 2013, 22:47   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
I have been waiting for EcoSport for a really long time now. First of all thank you guys for such a brilliant review.
I have been thinking of upgrading to a compact SUV, hatchback or a sedan whichever comes under 11 lakhs on road and is fully loaded. Oh ! and is a pleasure to drive. i am not looking at diesel as my running is fairly low, about 700 kms per month and not consistent. sometimes I only travel about 30 km, in a week and so test drove everything i could under 11 lakhs.
Duster was out, as its expensive here in guwahati. - rxz(o) 13.5 OTR
Safari storme is out, although this one is really comfortable, TASS is horrible here and storme's equipment list isn't healthy at all.
Drove Fiesta automatic the other day and boy, I am sold on this one. what a car and what a package. I wanted it right after i got out of the car, when the test drive was over.
Ford in this part of our country holds an added advantage for me as i know the dealer personally and that 10 year warranty on DCT sweetens the deal too much.
Just waiting for the 1.5 auto review for ecosport and will bite the bullet.
Your words are so re-assuring. If Fiesta AT is good then I expect Ecosport to be no different. After all, it is same engine / gear box combo. I am planning on AT, too. But as usual, AT always get last attention in India. Ecosport has got everything for me. The looks, the ground clearance, the spare-wheel at back, the AT, the DCT, the tiptronic, the push-start button ( hopefully ). I am very much OK with light steering as my driving is mostly in-city and hence not fast.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 22:49   #375
BHPian

EcoSport Trend variant was spotted by a TAI user. In the first pic you can see EcoSport with black door handles and without roof rails.

In the second pic behind Titanium variant you can see Trend variant without chrome front grill and fog lamps.

If you compare the 2 pics you will also notice lack of alloy wheels.

Interestingly though, there is no variant badging as can be seen in the third pic.

How do I know this is Trend and not Ambiente? Because there is a rear wiper and parcel tray as can be seen in the first pic.

I must say that front looks horrible without chrome finish grill.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-2.jpg  

Last edited by damager21 : 31st May 2013 at 22:50.
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed