Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 13:26   #7861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
As per recent ownership report the on road price of Titanium (O) is 12.2 lakhs.

If the Ex-showroom of the Titanium (O) was above 10L I would not have opted for it and instead gone for the Titanium.
Thats makes perfect logical sense as I wouldn't want to just pour in my cash on some unnecessary additional tax. However saw the below quoted Ex showroom price Bangalore in the official website -

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 2951
Size:  43.0 KB

Also have an question about the features of Titanium diesels-

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 2928
Size:  24.3 KB

Either of the features - ' Remote control locking with flip key and/or Smart keyless entry ' are not listed as standard in this variant (Titanium MT D).

Not sure what is the actual specs here or if there is an error in the website listing. So what does it have actually?

Last edited by girishglg : 20th August 2014 at 13:28.
Old 20th August 2014, 13:43   #7862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post

Either of the features - ' Remote control locking with flip key and/or Smart keyless entry ' are not listed as standard in this variant (Titanium MT D).

Not sure what is the actual specs here or if there is an error in the website listing. So what does it have actually?
Titanium - Flip key
Titanium (O) - Keyless entry.

Titanium had this before but was later removed. They might have missed to update this on the website.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:31   #7863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
Thanks sidenzo,

It seems to have something to do with the wiring / electrical system. Will wait for a few more instances before taking any drastic measures. The uncertainity of whether the car will fire up or not every time I turn the key is the only turn off.
Yeah i know that feeling, i was hesitant to take the car out of the city during that period of time. That question still pops up in my head at least once before i go out of the city.
Also it might not affect anything but still you don't want a warning light coming up on the MID without any reasons.
Old 20th August 2014, 17:12   #7864
Senior - BHPian

The diesel tank. Wondering why it is having such an odd shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-100_0505.jpg  

Old 20th August 2014, 19:50   #7865
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The diesel tank. Wondering why it is having such an odd shape.
For the AWD models You see the area in the centre is for the rear drive train to fit.

Neat observation but they could have increased the capacity if was a different tank for 2WD vs AWD.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 20:47   #7866
BHPian

Hi,

Finally got the call from dealership that I'm getting my much awaited AT (though only in white when i requested sea-grey). I've decided to take it anyway, cos white looks cool too.. I had a couple of questions about the headlamp accessories - I'm looking to have Audi style white lights.

Has anyone installed the white streak bulbs H1 & H7 which are provided by ford?
its shown in here..
http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Sa...erlay-takeover

Is it different from the HID which most users have inclined to buy - if so how? Is the HID (Philips/Hella) legal in Indian roads? I've also seen users comment that Phillips HID doesnt void warranty? Anyone experience otherwise?

Thanks a lot
Old 21st August 2014, 22:13   #7867
BHPian

After months of waiting, repeated follow-ups and angry mails to Ford India, I've finally been allocated a VIN number (albeit the car's variant and color is not my first preference). It was truly a test of patience. Somewhere down the waiting period, I lost hope and started looking at premium hatch-backs. Heck! I even started undermining the capabilities of Ford EcoSport in order to convince myself that I don't deserve this car (blasphemy I say!). But the long waiting period has truly put things into perspective and I now better understand why I fell in love with this car in the first place. I'm now more convinced than ever that this is the car that I really wanted (given my budget).

I have already paid an additional amount against my booking and currently filling up car loan papers for remaining amount. The car has been dispatched from Chennai and should arrive at the dealer by next week.

Everything seems so rosy and perfect.... until, Ford dealer steps into the picture...

1. My dealer is insisting on "bodycare package" which costs Rs. 7.5k, It is basically 3M protection paints followed by inspection. I said I don't need it and would rather get it done from the 3M care shop itself. My service agent bluntly told me that the bodycare package is "not an option but compulsory". I was infuriated but didn't really had the energy to argue (had a long day at work). Please suggest how to deal with this situation.

2. The reverse car parking camera costs a whopping Rs. 22.5k. I'm frankly not convinced that I need this camera given the fact that the car already has parking sensors. Besides, I'll be primarily using this car for my work commute and I don't really need any parking assistance whatsoever to park in my office or home basement. The service agent is adamant that I go for these but I remain unconvinced. I'm thinking to drive the car without camera for a month and see if I really need them or not. Suggestions please.

3. The 0 dep car insurance being offered by the dealer (from IFFCO-TOKIO) is Rs. 30k. My SA claimed that the insurance has a lot of features which others don't offer like cash-less claim and other jargon. If I take it from outside then it is much cheaper. HDFC Ergo and ICICI Lombard offer 0 dep insurance for about 20k & 22.5k resp with free road-side assistance, personal injury cost protection, etc. But I'm not sure if they have cash-less claim arrangements with my local dealer. But is the cash-less claim benefit really worth Rs. 10000 extra? Suggestions please.

My dealer is driving me nuts. First, their apathetic attitude regarding car delivery. And now, their are trying to arm-twist me in order to purchase useless and abhorrently expensive car accessories / services.

My cousin who runs a dealership in Punjab told me that dealers sometimes do "nasty stuffs" to cars before delivering them. For example, it is quite possible that even though my car came with stock Goodyears, they might replace them with MRFs. So, I'm a bit concerned about pissing-off my SA else they might temper with the car in order to make sure they get their margin out of this sale. After all, these expensive accessories / services allow these dealers to earn good margins.

So, please suggest how should I deal with my dealer. Please also advise what all I should check before taking delivery of my car. Thanks!

Last edited by dsunn : 21st August 2014 at 22:41.
Old 21st August 2014, 23:29   #7868
BHPian

[quote=dsunn;3511346]
2. The reverse car parking camera costs a whopping Rs. 22.5k. I'm frankly not convinced that I need this camera given the fact that the car already has parking sensors. Besides, I'll be primarily using this car for my work commute and I don't really need any parking assistance whatsoever to park in my office or home basement. The service agent is adamant that I go for these but I remain unconvinced. I'm thinking to drive the car without camera for a month and see if I really need them or not. Suggestions please.

As far as point 2 is concerned I think you should skip on the camera as the sensors are enough. I have camera+sensors in 2 of my cars and I rarely take the help of the camera to reverse. If the sensors are good enough, trust me you would not require the camera.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 23:36   #7869
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
1. My dealer is insisting on "bodycare package" which costs Rs. 7.5k, It is basically 3M protection paints followed by inspection. I said I don't need it and would rather get it done from the 3M care shop itself. My service agent bluntly told me that the bodycare package is "not an option but compulsory". I was infuriated but didn't really had the energy to argue (had a long day at work). Please suggest how to deal with this situation.
Don't accept this at any cost. If they say it is compulsory, tell them to give in writing on the showroom letter head. Tell them you will pay once you send that written letter to Ford and they confirm that it is complusory.

Quote:
Not needed. Never had any issues when parking with the sensors in the last 9 months.

Quote:
3. The 0 dep car insurance being offered by the dealer (from IFFCO-TOKIO) is Rs. 30k. My SA claimed that the insurance has a lot of features which others don't offer like cash-less claim and other jargon. If I take it from outside then it is much cheaper. HDFC Ergo and ICICI Lombard offer 0 dep insurance for about 20k & 22.5k resp with free road-side assistance, personal injury cost protection, etc. But I'm not sure if they have cash-less claim arrangements with my local dealer. But is the cash-less claim benefit really worth Rs. 10000 extra? Suggestions please.
Any zero dep from a popular insurance will be cash less. Again take it in writing that they don't allow insurance from outside. Dealer gave me insurance quote of 42K from bajaj allianz with the same rubbish that has more features. I got the same for 28K with exact same coverage and from bajaj allianz from outside. He said service centre will not allow from outside, then he said they can't register it if insurance is done by me. I told him I want it in writing. He said he can't and finally said ok you can get it on your own.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 23:40   #7870
BHPian

Don't let the dealer bully you. I too faced a similar issue and threatened taking up directly with ford and they backtracked. Finally took delivery with insurance from outside and not even the useless "essential pack". Just brought mudflaps, scuff plates and got 3m underbody coating ( which was quite good by the way) from the showroom.
CoolFire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 08:45   #7871
BHPian

I think you should tell them - Being the owner of your car you definitely have the option to decide what you want and what you don't, for your car. But if they are out of options, they can go ahead and do it at their cost. A win win situation?!

Jokes apart. Not an option?? How dumb do they take their customers to be?! In fact the one who told you this from the showroom is pretty dumb.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 15:20   #7872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Don't let the dealer bully you.
This kind of behaviour is disgusting and dishonest. Is it even legal to lie in this way when selling?

I had a similar experience with a VW dealer who told me I had to buy their insurance. Funnily enough, it was an insurance agent who had helped me find the model/price/availability combination I wanted. He was sitting there too, and the sales person didn't get far with that nonsense.
Old 22nd August 2014, 15:35   #7873
Team-BHP Support

If this is not the only Ford dealer available in your area, you should really evaluate whether you want anything to do with this one at all.

If this is situation pre-purchase, I can't begin to imagine what their A.S.S. setup is like and the sort of 'compulsory' stuff that will show up on your service invoices.

Your choice of car is sound, but your choice of dealer can rain on your parade. Please weigh all options and make an informed decision. Don't settle for a bad (ongoing) experience, you don't deserve it after paying hard-earned money for a car you WANT to own.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd August 2014 at 15:36.
Old 22nd August 2014, 15:48   #7874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. My dealer is insisting on "bodycare package"
2. The reverse car parking camera The service agent is adamant that I go for these
3. The 0 dep car insurance being offered by the dealer (from IFFCO-TOKIO) is Rs. 30k.
Do as Vid has suggested below, get a written statement and use it to raise hell. Its good that you've a VIN, so there won't be any vehicle swapping that occurs. At all points be polite and courteous, but be firm and stand your ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Don't accept this at any cost. If they say it is compulsory, tell them to give in writing on the showroom letter head. Tell them you will pay once you send that written letter to Ford and they confirm that it is complusory.
Your approach for waiting to decide about the parking camera is sound and practical - it is quite likely that you'll find it unnecessary, unless you park in tricky places. I am perfectly satisfied with the parking sensors + display that are provided, and find them to be incredibly accurate (reverse until the beep becomes a continuous whine, and stop right away!)
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 15:49   #7875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have already paid an additional amount against my booking and currently filling up car loan papers for remaining amount. The car has been dispatched from Chennai and should arrive at the dealer by next week.

Everything seems so rosy and perfect.... until, Ford dealer steps into the picture...

So, please suggest how should I deal with my dealer. Please also advise what all I should check before taking delivery of my car. Thanks!
I think a mail to ford customer care with dealer name and SA name mentioning the issue should help you. They also have a customer support number(dont remember now) to which you can call and update the issue.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks