Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2014, 11:16   #6361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys! I need an opinion on this.

A couple of my friends have bought the Ecosport diesel & are pretty much happy with it, except the slow performance of the diesel engine.

However, One who owns the Titanium (O) with 6 airbags says that its really uncomfortable for his family members , esp. his Dad & child , as there are no grab Handles, .

Whereas, the other having the Titanium , with 2 airbags is having no such problems.

They advised me to book titanium & not Titanium (o).

Any Opinions?
Guys,

I have a Titanium optional and 6 airbags are any day more welcomed than grab handles.
Atleast they will be forced to buckle up

Whenever sombody tells me that I ask them to buckle up and they are ok.

And not to mention the convenience of keyless entry especially when your hands are full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
A question to the owners who own EcoSport, members who test drove EcoSport and several other cars. Is there any other car which provides the sound insulation like EcoSport? I just love how EcoSport and new Fiesta filters the traffic noise. Now that I have to wait till Dec 2014 for EcoSport and no insight when Fiesta 2014 will be announced, I'm trying to evaluate other options.

I've test driven Amaze, Grand i10 and Punto, nothing comes close to EcoSport.
Polo Tsi is another option fun to drive toy car with a very bad ASS,but doesnt even come close to ecosport in terms of overall package.
Ecosport is a different league all together you will cherish and enjoy it as each day passes by.

You can look at Terrano or the duster face lift.

In my personal opinion the wait for the Ecosport as an overall package is worth it

Last edited by ecosport rules : 25th January 2014 at 11:25.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 17:40   #6362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
...Is there any other car which provides the sound insulation like EcoSport?...
I doubt, under 10L, there is any better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
...Few people have reported that Ford has offered them free RSA and extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year since they have faced 2 price hikes after booking the car...
That was NOT Ford who offered the deal, rather a dealer. I would be inclined to believe that was done more on a "relationship" basis and nothing more. Nobody would be that generous in business for such a high demand product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Where's your report Viddy?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 20:04   #6363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

That was NOT Ford who offered the deal, rather a dealer. I would be inclined to believe that was done more on a "relationship" basis and nothing more. Nobody would be that generous in business for such a high demand product.
Hi swiftnfurious,

A lot of people who have faced both the price hikes, have reported that they got a call from a Chennai phone number 044 (Ford India) offering a "Service Holiday", which is the 3rd year extended warranty and RSA. I have spoken to Ford about this yesterday and will get a reply on Monday. I am not sure I will get it or not.

On a different note, saw a blue EcoSport in the evening today and I must say it looked very sharp and sporty What's your take on that colour?

Last edited by pc1686 : 25th January 2014 at 20:24.
Old 25th January 2014, 23:55   #6364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On a different note, saw a blue EcoSport in the evening today and I must say it looked very sharp and sporty What's your take on that colour?
You can see a few pics of my Kinetic Blue EcoSport in my ownership review.

My take on it is - the Kinetic Blue and Mars Red are the only 2 "colours". The Mars Red is brighter and sportier of the two, the blue is marginally more subdued. All the other colour options are various shades of grey (white, black, sea gray and chill - the last one has a tinge of green).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 11:19   #6365
Senior - BHPian

Ford should make more EcoSports available for Indian customers, who are longing to own one. Lengthening waiting period would not give Ford anything good, as it is going to rain compact SUVs pretty soon, as offerings from Maruti, Hyundai, Chevrolet and now even Tata are almost there. Ford should not fritter away the first starter advantage.
Old 26th January 2014, 12:19   #6366
BANNED

Have any one of you ecosport owners installed the DRL's?

The same ones that were leaked a long time ago.

The headlight cluster has a provision for them ,maybe LED strips could work there,they were quite thin though.
Old 26th January 2014, 18:03   #6367
BHPian

Just met someone on the same road, where I have my business. He has got a mars red titanium option. I had got the vehicle after six months. He had booked on dec 22 and got the delivery on January 2. In ten days. with influence and no extra premium. Must be someone else allotted car.

Very bad on the part of ford allowing the dealers, a free run and customers being their least worry.
Old 26th January 2014, 18:27   #6368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesujay View Post
Very bad on the part of ford allowing the dealers, a free run and customers being their least worry.
I have witnessed umpteen number of such malpractices at my dealer. Infact, the sales manager himself has shown me a bunch of recommendation letters from political leaders based on which allocations were made. I was never aware before this, that people tend to use political influence even for quicker car deliveries and I must say "This happens only in India"
Old 27th January 2014, 11:42   #6369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I have a Titanium optional and 6 airbags are any day more welcomed than grab handles.
Maybe I am biased cos I spend most of my time in the drivers seat, but during those odd times that I have occupied passenger seats, I have preferred grabbing the door handles, than reach upwards to the grab handles.

Am I missing something? What is wrong in holding the door handles?
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 11:49   #6370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Maybe I am biased cos I spend most of my time in the drivers seat, but during those odd times that I have occupied passenger seats, I have preferred grabbing the door handles, than reach upwards to the grab handles.

Am I missing something? What is wrong in holding the door handles?
There is nothing wrong. Unfortunately Ford makes you choose grad rails vs additional airbags. You cannot get 6 airbags and grab rails like the Verna, i20 and other cars.

This is clearly a design flaw and there's no other reason to explain why other cars have it but the Ecosport does not.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 11:54   #6371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There is nothing wrong. Unfortunately Ford makes you choose grad rails vs additional airbags. You cannot get 6 airbags and grab rails like the Verna, i20 and other cars.

This is clearly a design flaw and there's no other reason to explain why other cars have it but the Ecosport does not.
Yes, design flaw it is, but not a deal breaker. The original question from car_crazy1400 is below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys! I need an opinion on this.

However, One who owns the Titanium (O) with 6 airbags says that its really uncomfortable for his family members , esp. his Dad & child , as there are no grab Handles, .

Whereas, the other having the Titanium , with 2 airbags is having no such problems.

They advised me to book titanium & not Titanium (o).

Any Opinions?
I ask, why not use the door handles, than not opting for 6 airbags?
Old 27th January 2014, 12:38   #6372

Guys, I received a call from my dealership SC Ford in Mumbai that my car has been allotted. This too after 6 months of waiting and a heavy follow up post December. He told me that the Car will be delivered in two weeks time.

I will keep you posted on how it goes moving forward.
Old 27th January 2014, 13:08   #6373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...On a different note, saw a blue EcoSport in the evening today and I must say it looked very sharp and sporty What's your take on that colour?
Blue does look sporty. End of the day, choose a color that you like the most! Whenever you take a look at your car, even 5 years down the line, you should NOT feel you could have chosen a better color.

Quote:
...A lot of people who have faced both the price hikes, have reported that they got a call from a Chennai phone number 044 (Ford India) offering a "Service Holiday", which is the 3rd year extended warranty and RSA. I have spoken to Ford about this yesterday and will get a reply on Monday. I am not sure I will get it or not...
May be I missed those posts. Read only one post where the dealer offered some deal. If they are doing it, then well & good from their side. Hope you get a positive response from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Have any one of you ecosport owners installed the DRL's?

The same ones that were leaked a long time ago.

The headlight cluster has a provision for them ,maybe LED strips could work there,they were quite thin though.
Man, you need to pay a lot more attention to this thread! There are lots of Ecosports on the forum with the DRL installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Ford should make more EcoSports available for Indian customers, who are longing to own one. Lengthening waiting period would not give Ford anything good,...
I think they are gonna have a party till the next first offering comes in, atleast 1 year from now. Seeing that they have reduced their production capacity, they probably are trying for more business (with respect to their line up) using this product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
...I ask, why not use the door handles, than not opting for 6 airbags?
A grab handle will provide more support to your upper body than a door handle while there is a horizontal motion. My parents use the grab handle to prevent their head from banging the door in corners or sudden horizontal movements.
Old 27th January 2014, 14:24   #6374
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't understand comparison of air bags and "grab handles."

Air bags are a serious safety feature intended to prevent major injury in a crisis. Grab handles are ...well, nothing really, except an aid to climbing in and out of the vehicle.

They don't even belong to the same section of the spec. Handles may come under comfort, but airbags come under safety. A grab handle gives as much protection as a vanity mirror!

Some might say that they give psychological reassurance. I had a friend that felt this way and used to hold on to them, even with my gentle driving. However she had no sense whatsoever of potential/kinetic energy, or for the geometry of what is going to go where in the event of an accident or even an emergency stop. Psychology does not prevent bruises!

If a passenger's head is likely to bang the door, other than in an accident, then, rather than putting an arm between the door and the head, the driving style needs considering.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 15:14   #6375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't understand comparison of air bags and "grab handles."

Air bags are a serious safety feature intended to prevent major injury in a crisis. Grab handles are ...well, nothing really, except an aid to climbing in and out of the vehicle.
..... And, especially in India, Rear seat passengers need to be constantly prodded to wear their Seat Belts than relegating their safety to their ability to latch on to grab handles or the backrest of the front seats!

Grab handles vs. Curtain Airbags (Sic)!

Most Viewed