Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2014, 10:04   #6271
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I do not see any issue in ford increasing prices. The product is succesfull and demand exceeds supply. The car offers value at the increased prices also !
Ofcourse there is no issue in increasing prices. That's not the problem here.

The problem is that people who have booked the car in June/July/August for a lower price have been kept waiting till now and are being asked to cough up the higher price.

Renault offered price protection for Duster during it's initial haydays. Although it was not a lot it showed a positive attitude.

What's worse is that number of dispatches are reducing monthly instead of going up. Reason most likely is that they are making more for exports than domestic market.

Basically they are not delivering enough cars in the domestic market and are then jacking up prices every few months. The poor customer who has booked the car early on is having to wait longer and pay the increased price for no fault of his.

Why did the CEO of Ford India promise that there will be no production issues and we have taken care of ramping up?

Why not offer price protection for people who have booked before september 2013? That's the least they can do.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 10:18   #6272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
His earlier ride was an Innova. Although the highway mileage is good at 17 kmpl, the city mileage is too low.

Even a Fortuner returns more than 9 kmpl that too under heavy acceleration!
Yes, a brisk driving in the highway gives 17-18 kmph. However, given that this engine is not a power house, urban conditions must yield around 12 kmph.

These small displacement turbo diesels are really having narrow rpm ranges for FE and one has to keep maintaining the rpm at those ranges(roughly 1400-1800 rpm for this 1.5 tdci).

I miss the simplicity and ease of driving a NA diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
When did you book it?
My experience was quite simple. I went to Ford showroom at Coimbatore at the end of october. A white board there mentioned waiting periods for

Ambiente 1-2 months
Trend 1-2 months
Titanimum and option >6 months.

The friendly sales adviser asked me to choose lighter colours for quicker delivery. I opted for all the colors(silver, white and chill, in that order) and opted for the base ambiente version(i was originally a figo Zxi customer, scrapped the plan because the Figo scraped a speedbreaker during the test drive).

The car came in 2 months(diamond white, my 2nd choice). Though they mention long waiting lists, the Ambiente and trend variants are getting delivered within the promised time.

One thing to mention: the SA did call me somewhere in december and said that a Trend diesel(chill metallic) was facing finance arrangement problems and asked whether i am willing to get it. I refused that offer.

Last edited by ramzsys : 13th January 2014 at 10:19.
Old 13th January 2014, 10:41   #6273
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Also the doors can be opened from inside even when it's locked. Don't know how to set that right.
You can enable child lock for the rear doors from the side of the door when open. That will prevent the rear doors from opening from the inside. But even adults will not be able to open the door except by putting their hands through the window and giving the exterior door handles a tug when the in-dash door lock button is in the uplock position.

You cannot do anything about the front doors they open from inside all the time by design not defect. Children are supposed to be seated only in the rear seats from the safety point of view (also for vehicles with airbags the front airbag can be dangerous for a child seated in the front seat at the time of an accident). Adults will not make the mistake of pulling at the door handle and even if they do the doors being quite heavy will not fly open immediately.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 11:44   #6274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
I happened to read this:

The 999cc engine comes in two guises: with 99bhp and 123bhp. Both variants’ max torque is 125lb ft from a subterranean 1400rpm, though the 123bhp unit has an overboost function, which cranks peak torque up to 148lbft for a 30-second overtaking burst.

excerpt from:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/...oboost-review/

Ford never advertised this in India. Does this mean our Ecoboosts don't have this overboost function?
I think we can safely assume that we have this function in our Ecoboosts.

Here is a detailed information about the function.

Read on,

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/ford-e...boost-feature/
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 11:52   #6275
Senior - BHPian

My city mileage with absolutely no a/c (due to winters) on my 70km day commute in Pune has been hovering between 16.8kmpl to 17.2kmpl. I don't drive looking at the mileage calculator and drive like any other regular bloke on the road. Open stretches are 70+ in fifth (which is 30% of my route) and the rest in traffic is 2nd-3rd gear.

And rattles have started, pretty loud on the passenger side with no clue on where the noise comes from. Checked the sun visor, seat belt buckle, emptied the sun-glass holder, no bottles-keys-coins etc but refuses to die down...
Old 13th January 2014, 16:55   #6276
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to the owners of EcoSport and tons of good luck to the ones in the waiting.

Well, I booked mine Titanium (O), Diesel in the Mid of August 2013. Forgot about the booking for the next 2 months and then contacted Ford India customer care in the end of November. (I had to call Ford as the SA I had booked the car with was behaving very indifferently and rudely when asked about the expected delivery date. He even was not concerned when I said I might have to cancel the booking if you don't give me an estimated delivery date).

So, Ford India on 28th of November assured me that I will get my car in Feb, 2014. And now the person in charge of my booking in Ford has been changed and the new guy is not at all clear in his communication and he is not giving me any concrete date of delivery. I can't even understand his point as he keeps repeating the same thing.

Now, with no clear delivery date in sight, I am seeking valuable suggestions and inputs from all of you as to how to go about getting my car delivered or rather get an estimated month of delivery at least.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 13th January 2014, 17:00   #6277
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...red-india.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
There is no DLR's available from ford, so you have to get a DLR from outside. Like the lone with 6 led strip. But i dont think its of any use, so you might as well forget about the DRL's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Buy a DRL.Some vehicles have ideal places to fit them, some don't.
Please refer to my ownership thread as I have done extensive work on accessories.
Refer to the link above

The DRLs look amazing and the light output with HID projector is awesome.It can easily cover 6 lanes with ease..

Here are some pictures for your reference.

Observe the cutoff line on the wall, the right is lower than the left as per Indian norms..
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140113wa0001.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140113wa0002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140113wa0005.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 18:54   #6278
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to the owners of EcoSport and tons of good luck to the ones in the waiting.

Now, with no clear delivery date in sight, I am seeking valuable suggestions and inputs from all of you as to how to go about getting my car delivered or rather get an estimated month of delivery at least.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi PC1686,
I have a feeling that at 12 lakhs OTR in Bangalore, ES Titanium(O) diesel is no longer VFM. Your options at that price point include lower versions of Duster/Terrano, Vento/Rapid TDI and Honda City i-DTec each of which are excellent in their own right. So consider your specific requirements and take the call.
Old 13th January 2014, 19:14   #6279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Hi PC1686,
I have a feeling that at 12 lakhs OTR in Bangalore, ES Titanium(O) diesel is no longer VFM. Your options at that price point include lower versions of Duster/Terrano, Vento/Rapid TDI and Honda City i-DTec each of which are excellent in their own right. So consider your specific requirements and take the call.
It IS still VFM. Lower versions of the cars you listed does not have similar kit as the Titanium (O).

Quote:
Well, I booked mine Titanium (O), Diesel in the Mid of August 2013. Forgot about the booking for the next 2 months and then contacted Ford India customer care in the end of November. (I had to call Ford as the SA I had booked the car with was behaving very indifferently and rudely when asked about the expected delivery date. He even was not concerned when I said I might have to cancel the booking if you don't give me an estimated delivery date).
Which dealer? Tell them you want to know where you are in the waiting list. It might be helpful if you are flexible with the color/variant. It might help if you go to the showroom every alternate day and raise hell.

Last edited by blacksport : 13th January 2014 at 19:21.
Old 13th January 2014, 19:36   #6280
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer? Tell them you want to know where you are in the waiting list. It might be helpful if you are flexible with the color/variant. It might help if you go to the showroom every alternate day and raise hell.
Hi blacksport,

It is Metro Ford, St. Marks Road. They are behaving very coldly and indifferently. Even today, I spoke to their sales manager and she (with me on the line asked the SA about the status of my booking and that ruthless chap, said 1 year from the date of booking, and she told me the same). when I told them that Ford India has assured me the delivery in Feb, she said take this up with Ford as I can't help you on this.

The colour I had opted for is Diamond white.

I feel very miserable and frustrated at this very "I don't give 2 hoots" attitude of Ford and its dealers.

Will it help if I write to write2md@ford.com and/or to the GM Metro Ford?

Thanks.

Quote:
It might help if you go to the showroom every alternate day and raise hell.
But how to do that when they say you will get your car after an year of waiting from the date of booking? Please advice blacksport as I really want the car in Feb or March.

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th January 2014 at 10:38. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
Old 13th January 2014, 19:46   #6281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Renault offered price protection for Duster during it's initial haydays. Although it was not a lot it showed a positive attitude.

Why not offer price protection for people who have booked before september 2013? That's the least they can do.
Vid, what you are saying is correct philosophically. But let's look at it from Ford's point of view. They know they have only 6-7 months before other compact SUVs such as Vezel, Mobilio, XA Alpha and Trax will hit the market. Once customers have other options, loyalty being rare in today's markets, they can easily cancel their EcoSport bookings and move to other models. Now let's consider the scenario if Ford had offered price protection to customers who booked till Sep 2013, the first price hike point. Even now, Ford is clearing deliveries of July 2013. It will probably take another 3 months for Sep 2013 customers to start getting deliveries. So Ford will get only 2-3 months to "Milk" the post Sep 2013 booking customers - once other models are out, Ford will be forced to cut prices or at least hold it. Considering that among all its models the EcoSport alone sells well, with Figo being a distant second and other models practically non existent, this is their cash cow and its life is limited! They must make hay while the sun shines
Old 13th January 2014, 20:49   #6282
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...red-india.html

Please refer to my ownership thread as I have done extensive work on accessories.
Refer to the link above

The DRLs look amazing and the light output with HID projector is awesome.It can easily cover 6 lanes with ease..

Here are some pictures for your reference.

Observe the cutoff line on the wall, the right is lower than the left as per Indian norms..
Wow.! this thing looks really awesome.
Just like those in the Audi's!! The light output looks quite good and bright.
I went through your thread, I wonder how much you spent on all those accessories. Whatever it is, your car looks perfect
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 22:28   #6283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

The DRLs look amazing and the light output with HID projector is awesome.It can easily cover 6 lanes with ease.
The light throw from my car is very low. With high beam it is slightly better but I rarely use it. Even on the hyderabad ORR is was quite bad. The light from your car is superb.
How much do these cost?
What are the risks of drawing more power from the electrical system?
Old 14th January 2014, 01:00   #6284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
The light throw from my car is very low. With high beam it is slightly better but I rarely use it. Even on the hyderabad ORR is was quite bad. The light from your car is superb.
How much do these cost?
What are the risks of drawing more power from the electrical system?

Hi Srinivas,

but you can see my car if you are participating in the 26th Jan team-bhp meet and drive.

Please refer to my ownership thread for more pictures (pages8, 9, 10)
Here is the link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...d-india-9.html

There are several variations ranging from 25 to 38k.Its done by Satya gopal auto, contact person Srinivas gopal 9849314812.

HID technology provides more lumens of light per watt consumed, so the output is 300% brighter.
The best part is it doesnt hit the oncoming traffic as the light is routed through projectors( the cut offline can be adjusted to be lower than the eye level of oncoming traffic)

The wattage for these HID /xenons is surprisingly 35w only (stock halogen is 55watts).

Attached some low and high beam pictures(pictures 1, 2-low beam, picture 3-high beam).

The headlight levelling is set to 0 and you can see the cut off line(0 is the highest and 4 being the lowest)

Hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140113wa0005.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140114wa0001.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140114wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 14th January 2014 at 01:10.
Old 14th January 2014, 10:24   #6285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
They know they have only 6-7 months before other compact SUVs such as Vezel, Mobilio, XA Alpha and Trax will hit the market.
Out of the list of cars you've mentioned, no car will arrive before 2015 (at least), except the XA Alpha, which if rumors are anything to go by, will be launched in the second half of 2014.

A friend works at Honda and he says that Mobilio won't be launched anytime before 2015.

Making profits is one thing, but not delivering cars to customers who had booked within 10-12 days of it's launch is completely ridiculous. For the ones waiting since July, the 6-month long wait plus 2 price hikes is just not worth it in my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks